Single Player Campaign Features in Multiplayer?

Andrew

Inkling
NNID
Squidtoon
If you have played the single play campaign mode (story mode) you know that there is quite a few features that were unique to it and never saw the late of day in multiplayer (Those ink geysers, the sponge blocks, those platforms you can make move by spraying the windmill thing). But I don't understand why they didn't make it into multiplayer, don't you thing that they would make things much more interesting? I personally think they would. I can think of a lot of places where they could have implemented those features. For example those elevator platforms on saltspray rig could have been replaced with ones you would shoot the windmill thing to spin. Or maybe you could use those geyser things to get to higher levels on moray towers easier. So what do you think? Should they have implemented some (or all) of those features into multiplayer? let me know.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I can't see why not. If stuff like this was added to newer maps (because editing old maps could be controversial, as we saw with the reaction to Urchin Underpass), it'd be awesome, such as the inklines you ride through in squid form to move around; they could make it so that there's two paths for one area next to each other, one for each color, and every 30 seconds, an alarm of some sort would count down until the colors change, and you would have to jump to the other line to avoid getting splatted by foreign ink.

Andrew

Inkling
NNID
Squidtoon
I can't see why not. If stuff like this was added to newer maps (because editing old maps could be controversial, as we saw with the reaction to Urchin Underpass), it'd be awesome, such as the inklines you ride through in squid form to move around; they could make it so that there's two paths for one area next to each other, one for each color, and every 30 seconds, an alarm of some sort would count down until the colors change, and you would have to jump to the other line to avoid getting splatted by foreign ink.
That's actually a pretty good idea, I never thought of it. That would also actually be a pretty good idea for a single player level too.

JfiveevifJ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Leyrwithe
I've been asking myself these questions for the past month now! Although it looks like they are implementing some single player mechanics. The rainmaker's shield has the properties of the sponges, the zapfish shields, and the ink-fish balloon things in single player.

Personally - I'd like to see some invisible walls with indestructible ink cleaners on 'em.

Ink rails are always awesome - and some floating platforms would be neat (although likely hard to balance correctly for multiplayer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom