1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Site for exchange of Splatoon gears

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by syyama, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Drew Sebastino

Drew Sebastino Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Yup. It wasn't long before people got around whatever measures were added in 5.5.2.

2. Kyreshirem

Kyreshirem Full Squid

NNID:
    Drone49
    Is there a tutorial video out there? Because I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

3. Drew Sebastino

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Several. I can't say I've found a "definitive" one though. I'll just tell you what to do here

You're going to want to download "homebrew_launcher_rpx.v2.1.zip" from here: https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases

You'll also want Saviine, which you can find here: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Saviine

Extract both zip folders, and then place the contents onto the root of your SD card.

Put the SD card into your Wii U, and then open up the internet browser.

There are multiple websites that will let you do this, but I use "loadiine.ovh" It should automatically detect your firmware, and then press enter.

Your Wii U will more than likely freeze as the screen is fading white. Just reset the console and go back to the website and keep trying.

Eventually it will work. I can continue to help you if you've gotten this far.

4. Kyreshirem

Kyreshirem Full Squid

NNID:
    Drone49
    Nice! However I don't feel like purchasing winzip since I don't normally download files often. Also, in case I fail, could you change the abilities on your white headband so I can order it?

5. Drew Sebastino

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Purchase WinZip? What device are you using right now? Windows can already extract zip files by itself.

6. Kyreshirem

Kyreshirem Full Squid

NNID:
    Drone49
    An hp touchsmart IQ500 series desktop computer.

7. Drew Sebastino

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Oh, you're fine then, lol. Just download the zip files, right click them, and then press extract.

8. Kyreshirem

Kyreshirem Full Squid

NNID:
    Drone49
    So I was able to get to the homebrew launcher, I decided to click it and it was loading file homebrew_launcher.rpx, but froze. Is this what you meant trying multiple times?

9. Drew Sebastino

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    You're saying your Wii U froze, correct? If it looks like it's loading and then pauses indefinitely, then you're doing it right. It just takes like 20 tries for whatever reason.