Slosher 2.7.0 update: Stronger, weaker or the same

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
So here's all the relevant changes

Slosher
△Reduced time needed to fire by about 20%.
△Increased the time a player who has been hit suffers reduced movement by about 26%.

Burst bombs
▼Ink consumption changed from 25% to 40%.
▼Weakened the knockback effect.
▼Radius for dealing minimum damage reduced by 20%.
△Minimum damage increased from 20.0 to 25.0.
△Radius for dealing medium damage (35.0) increased by about 14%.
△Painting radius increased by about 43%.

Inkstrike
△Time needed to fire after selecting the target reduced by about 33%.
+Slosher loses less special upon respawning than other weapons
Is it it much improved, no different overall or worse

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
"Reduced time needed to fire by about 20%."

The first firerate buff, which is pretty much the single best type of buff you can get! It's kill potential, it's ink spread, it's movement, everything about the Slosher is improved by this one stat! Oh and increasing movement reduction on enemies boost it's kill potential aswell, though tbh I never even noticed it did that lol.

However, that's just the main weapon itself. It's hard to say the Slosher kit as a whole really got better with that harsh burst bomb nerf. Ink Saver Sub will be a sort of salvation, but I think I'm gonna have to start using the Deco more now, and hopefully that new Slosher aswell.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I wonder, will this slosher now 'fire' as fast as tri slosher? I'm not sure, I always felt even the sloshing machine fires faster than the normal slosher :/

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I wonder, will this slosher now 'fire' as fast as tri slosher? I'm not sure, I always felt even the sloshing machine fires faster than the normal slosher :/
Naw the Sloshing Machine is the slowest. I imagine the regular Slosher should still be slower than the Tri-Slosher so not to overstep it's boundaries.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
It'll still have the widest spread of all the Sloshers even if it gets equalled in fire rate plus it'll always have it's annoying kit

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
The buffs on the weapon look good, bei g able to land your Inkstrike is good too, but I have my reservations on the changes to Burst Bombs.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I think that the Main's buff is huge and greatly outweighs the loss of Burst Bomb utility. I'll probably try running some very different gear sets that focus less on bomb-throwing when the update comes around and see how it works for me. That said, the Deco is another story - that's pretty much purely been upgraded (save for the minor Splash Wall edit) and I'm sure we can expect a great increase in usage. Its Special harmonises better with the new quick attack rate as both are aided by Swim Speed.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
Burst bombs aren't lost necessarily they're just more high risk but have a high reward to make up for it. If you're fairly accurate with your sub and deadly accurate with your slosher or vice versa you won't have to give up burst cancelling if you spam damage stacked bombs and merely finish people off with your slosher by chance then you're out of luck, chum

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think that the Main's buff is huge and greatly outweighs the loss of Burst Bomb utility. I'll probably try running some very different gear sets that focus less on bomb-throwing when the update comes around and see how it works for me.
But what else is there to focus on, the Inkstrike? :L
Slosh + Burst for easy kills due to the AoE and well Burst Bombs in general are big reasons why I love this weapon so I'm still gonna try centering my build around it. I'll just forgo Bomb Range ups in favor of Sub Saver, 6 subs of which allows three bombs to be thrown off a full tank, generally the most I'd ever throw at once, and combined with Ink Recovery up should ensure I always have one ready to throw for the Burst + Slosh combo.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
But what else is there to focus on, the Inkstrike?
Well, now, its increased rate of fire comes to mind. Based on what works with the Tri-Slosher, of this could better advantage be taken (beautiful sentence structure) with a fair amount of Swim Speed, allowing for heading deeper into enemy territory and catching them off-guard. Particularly with this weapon rather than the Tri, the speed could be used in order more consistently to take out perching snipers if they're not too high to hit.

However, outside of that, I think that this is a weapon for which it's worth investing Damage Up. 70.0 base damage can be brought to over 90.0, potentially; it doesn't take that much for a slosh plus a minimum-damage Burst Bomb to defeat an opponent, but by approaching maximum attack, one opens the option of using the significantly-increased paint radius of the bombs to defeat opponents on ink damage alone. That last point made, I'm often very optimistic when theorising about Splatoon, so I doubt that it'd be quite that easy.

I do agree that it's nice to have three bombs rather than two, so I'll see if I can comfortably run enough Saver (Sub) for that to work. I may stop using Bomb Range as a partial replacement for that; I'll also consider whether I'm keeping Cold-Blooded, given the nerf on that. If I stop running both, that gives space to try to fulfil a few of the things mentioned here (although I don't have much perfect gear, so it's gonna be a bit ramshackle either way).

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
With the .96 Gal Deco nerfs it looks like Slosher Deco is a good replacement especially given the Slosher buffs. At this point it seems that the Slosher Deco is the one weapon that can afford a heavy defense build without much sacrifice now that 96 should run damage up to counter the nerf.

I made the switch a while ago but it'll be interesting to see if there's a shift to Slosher Deco after the patch.

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
It's the year 20Woomy, everyone mains the classic squiffer and the only legal stage is Port Mackerel RM.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well, now, its increased rate of fire comes to mind. Based on what works with the Tri-Slosher, of this could better advantage be taken (beautiful sentence structure) with a fair amount of Swim Speed, allowing for heading deeper into enemy territory and catching them off-guard. Particularly with this weapon rather than the Tri, the speed could be used in order more consistently to take out perching snipers if they're not too high to hit.

However, outside of that, I think that this is a weapon for which it's worth investing Damage Up. 70.0 base damage can be brought to over 90.0, potentially; it doesn't take that much for a slosh plus a minimum-damage Burst Bomb to defeat an opponent, but by approaching maximum attack, one opens the option of using the significantly-increased paint radius of the bombs to defeat opponents on ink damage alone. That last point made, I'm often very optimistic when theorising about Splatoon, so I doubt that it'd be quite that easy.

I do agree that it's nice to have three bombs rather than two, so I'll see if I can comfortably run enough Saver (Sub) for that to work. I may stop using Bomb Range as a partial replacement for that; I'll also consider whether I'm keeping Cold-Blooded, given the nerf on that. If I stop running both, that gives space to try to fulfil a few of the things mentioned here (although I don't have much perfect gear, so it's gonna be a bit ramshackle either way).
I totally agree, Swim speed is always great especially here since Sloshers don't benefit from Run speed so it's the only way to enhace their movement. For the Deco I'm going to replace Special Saver with more Swim Speed as thanks to the special reduction buff on top of the Slosher's faster inkspreading I don't feel Saver is gonna be that needed. Damage up is definitely a must for Slosh-Burst combos, but I don't know about using enough to deal 90 damage per slosh though. I think that would take almost all your ability slots yet not make too much of a difference overall. I feel just 2 mains/6 subs are enough as they put the Slosher at 80 damage per slosh, the perfect amount as every weapon that does damage does atleast 20, including Burst Bombs, and a Slosh + Burst bomb near hit will splat even those with heavy defense builds.

With only two bombs I don't see them getting kills from a long distance much anymore, plus their default range is still pretty good and gives us an advantage against other weapons in our range tier. so that's why I feel Bomb Range up may not be worth it, but we'll see of course! Cold-blooded is always preference, for me I rarely used it, instead just opting to play more defensive while tagged. After the nerf to both tagging and Cold-blooded I really don't see myself using it now, but that's just me!

With the .96 Gal Deco nerfs it looks like Slosher Deco is a good replacement especially given the Slosher buffs. At this point it seems that the Slosher Deco is the one weapon that can afford a heavy defense build without much sacrifice now that 96 should run damage up to counter the nerf.

I made the switch a while ago but it'll be interesting to see if there's a shift to Slosher Deco after the patch.
Eh, I have to doubt it, I mean it's not like the .96 absolutely needs defense or any specific ability for that matter to function effectively, and if they really want they can still run the defense on top of the damage ups. Plus going from a shooter to a slosher is a more significant change than just using another shooter like the .52 or SplatPro. That's a good thing though, it'll make us feel more special and unique for using buckets!

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I still think decreased ink consumption would've been a nice buff but faster firing rate is appreciated that being said an ink hungry weapon with a sub that just got hungrier is a bad combination but not as bad as Splattershot Pro/Suction as far as ink goes

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I still think decreased ink consumption would've been a nice buff but faster firing rate is appreciated that being said an ink hungry weapon with a sub that just got hungrier is a bad combination but not as bad as Splattershot Pro/Suction as far as ink goes
I actually think it's ink efficiency is fine, not the greatest but far from the worst. I mainly only run out of ink because of the sub weapons so that's why I just use :ability_inkrecovery: on both variants.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
If you only Slosh it's fine but if you use burst cancelling when turfing and when splatting you burn through your reserves at the worst times. I suppose with this buff I can forget about burst cancelling and now use them exclusively for zoning and the occasional kill

Short272

Inkling
NNID
27Short
So I'm confused, is the initial shot animation 20% faster (the wind up before the shot) or is the fire rate 20% faster? I feel like its one or the other.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So I'm confused, is the initial shot animation 20% faster (the wind up before the shot) or is the fire rate 20% faster? I feel like its one or the other.
They basically mean the same thing, you're spending less time in start-up lag and more time sloshing, thus more sloshes in the same amount of time from before. Hopefully someone will put up a comparison video to make this more clesr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom