• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Slosher Gameplay footage

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Was just about to post this! :p

Really liking the look of it so far. Especially since it's an OHKO(?).

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I really want to see footage of the Gatling though.

But so far the bucket looks like the love child between the blaster and a roller.

Floati

Inkster Jr.
What do you guys think is the weakness of this weapon?.. Range seems good, rate of fire seems good, damage seems good, can basically hit anywhere a blaster can, ink coverage seems good... ink consumption doesn't even look that bad to me...

I honestly think this weapon should've been a charger type (fill the bucket phase)

Last edited:

chazu

Inkling
NNID
gossamersocks
What do you guys think is the weakness of this weapon?.. Range seems good, rate of fire seems good, damage seems good, can basically hit anywhere a blaster can, ink coverage seems good... ink consumption doesn't even look that bad to me...

I honestly think this weapon should've been a charger type (fill the bucket phase)
Yeah I'm a little confused by this footage - it looks like the bucket equation is basically

[blaster] - [explosion] + [fires in an arc]
Which is awesome, but seems like it could make blasters less viable - IMHO one of blasters' big weaknesses is their ineffectiveness from high angles of attack. Unless the splat radius at the far end of a bucket's range is generally smaller than the blast radius of a comparable blaster, I'm not sure what a blaster could have over one of these weapons.

Floati

Inkster Jr.
Agreed- I like the idea of the bucket, but based on the footage it seems like a better blaster (range and speed of rapid blaster+damage of more viable blasters)/ more convenient squiffer (mitigates cover effectiveness+ no punishable charge time on a miss).

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Judging by the way the ink spreads, its seems like the tip of the spray is where most of the ink is concentrated and probably the only place where it can reliably splat foes

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
Lol idk why but throwing ink with a bucket just looks so disrespectful to me.
I'm so happy I'm not the only one lol. This is exactly why I'm 100% going to be using this weapon because it's like "screw it I won't even be creative or subtle, I'mma just throw a bucket of ink on you"

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Do we know what its special is? The sub looks to be burst bombs considering the amount of ink it consumes.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Finally i can get those hiding jerks behind those walls.
Except that everyone will most likely use it, or the splatling gun with the update, due to the freshess of these weapons.
However the bucket seems to be more of an arillery or morta type of weapon that can sling stuff over objects easily!

"Oh sorry did i splat you? I was just trying to bucket your ink out of my turf, dude"

florence

Full Squid
this is really interesting, it should change the gameplay dynamics a bit. good thing, i've always felt too safe when i don't see any enemies around...

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
Here is an entire turf war match from the viewpoint of someone using the slosher.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I really like the look of bucket. My only concern is range; it's difficult to gauge from the videos we've seen so far - I just hope it's not in the Aerospray bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom