Sniper Tips

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
Hello guys! I've been practicing with the E-Liter 3K Scope recently, and I usually don't. Any tips to help me get better at it? Any response appreciated :)

CM86

Pro Squid
1. Lower your sensitivity. It will provide a steadier aim. You may increase it if you would like once you get a feel for it. Everyone's sensitivity is different though so only base it off of what your comfortable with. I personally run -3.5 and it feels great to me.

2. Try to hide your shots. Its easy to zoom into a squid with the scope, but its still a charger so they will be able to see where your aiming.

3. Play defensively especially since your not using the kraken variation. Use its range to your advantage.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
Hello guys! I've been practicing with the E-Liter 3K Scope recently, and I usually don't. Any tips to help me get better at it? Any response appreciated :)
I made this a while back while messing around with friends. It could help you with charger advice. Warning: it's like 50% memes and 50% real charger advice, you can tell which is real advice easily so don't worry.

Attachments

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
One thing I learned is that momentum is carried when you first begin a charge (especially when you have alot of run speed up), so you can use this to quickly retreat or move back as an enemy is chasing you to quick deal damage and then finish them off with the burst bomb

SymphonyWalrus

Inkling
NNID
SymphonyWalrus
1. Lower your sensitivity. It will provide a steadier aim. You may increase it if you would like once you get a feel for it. Everyone's sensitivity is different though so only base it off of what your comfortable with. I personally run -3.5 and it feels great to me.
@CM86 @Eli-Monk This right here was the key for me. When I first started trying to use chargers I was terrible! I'm talking like going 1 and 15 k/d in any match I played terrible! I found a thread on reddit mentioning exactly what @CM86 is saying, turn your sensitivity down. Turns out when I first booted up the game I had set my sensitivity to +5 and never touched it again, which was why I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the charger. I moved the sensitivity down to -4.5 and my first match immediately following (TC on bluefin) I went 7 and 5 and our team won! Granted that's still a pretty terrible k/d for a charger but it was a huge improvement over what I had been doing!

TL;DR Try turning down your sensitivity, completely changed my skill level with chargers.

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
Looks like i'll do that, as i've been using 0.5 for my other weapons (Literally every single weapon I main) thanks for advice. I'm using my Wii U to talk so i'll download those files when I get to my PC. Thanks! :)

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
The author of the doc desserved more thanks I would say, but you're welcome.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Quick personal note: Keep a mental and visual tally of how much ink you have. Keep a visual and mental tally of how much ink doing "x" will consume.

Meanwhile, they uploaded this just before the recent 2.7 update (and maybe the 2.6 too?) but it's no less useful. Shows a lot of choice spots too for each map.

"In-depth E-liter 3K Scope Tutorial"

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
Quick personal note: Keep a mental and visual tally of how much ink you have. Keep a visual and mental tally of how much ink doing "x" will consume.

Meanwhile, they uploaded this just before the recent 2.7 update (and maybe the 2.6 too?) but it's no less useful. Shows a lot of choice spots too for each map.

"In-depth E-liter 3K Scope Tutorial"
I've actually already watched this video a few weeks ago.

shiyongyi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jaddasbranch
Someone made this:

https://docs.google.com/presentatio...DAFJMnyBsFkBQfI/edit#slide=id.g82cd9dba4_3_16

I don't remember where I found it, maybe here. Anyway, I think it was quite a work, and seems pretty good to me.
I saw this thread and came to post my doc here but someone already beat me to it! Thank you ^^

Yes, that is my powerpoint and I am it's author. Here are some more tips for E-Litering
  • Learning chargers is the most punishing class. Let your mistakes drive you, not discourage you.
  • Learning E-Liter specifically is a very stressful role.You'll want to play it a lot as you learn it, but you'll reach a point where your skill gaining will begin to taper off and be short spurts. Take breaks from the E-Liter, and play other weapons. I find I do better after not playing it constantly.
  • Any sensitivity can be your sensitivity if you believe. I play all my weapons on +5, including the E-Liter (and I know other sniper friends who play on positive sens as well). You can see what a +5 sensitvity E-liter looks like here on one of my vids.
  • With the most recent "nerf", I honestly consider if a buff. You don't have to stack nearly as much damage as you had to back in the day (in the video the only damage I'm wearing is my quad Squash headband) which opens up a lot of possibilities for your eliter build. As you can see I'm wearing the Red Hi-Tops for Ink Resistance in rainmaker with swim speed subs, and the White LS, which is quad Ink Recovery to recover ink quickly and keep up the pressure. Back then I wore a bit more damage and had friends who wore even more than I did.
  • Remember to have fun! The E-liter is a fun weapon and very satisfying to play.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
don't feel pressured into advancing early. you're not using an assault weapon that can take on multiple enemies at once. even one enemy is trouble if they can get in range of you.

don't jump down into an un-secure area unless you have NO CHOICE or a kraken or something. other weapons can just hop down from above and get kills. snipers don't do that. same goes for popping up onto a ledge; don't hop up unless the coast is clear or someone below you is trying to kill you.

don't stay in the same perch the whole game. generally be nearby your team, but if you secure a nice perch, the enemy team will figure out where you are and they will remember (sometimes your team's stability relies on you, and the enemy team knowing where you are and plotting your downfall can reverse the tides of the entire match).

always have an escape. some friendly ink trailing back a ways, curling around to safety. if an enemy gets too close, this is your escape. don't be afraid to superjump (if you can manage it in time).

don't be afraid to duck into the ink and run away mid-charge if someone gets uncomfortably close. it doesn't even have to be THAT close. you retreating to better spacing is better than you getting killed because the dude got just close enough and pulled out a bubbler or something.

watch your teammates's backs. you like having an escape at all times. if you don't have a clear shot of an enemy but you see your teammates engaged, ink an escape route behind them.

half-charged shots are really useful. if your enemy has some damage or is already standing in your ink, you don't have to charge all the way to snag the KO. most skilled squids are used to the timing of your OHKO, so mixing in half-charged shots when you know they'll still get the splat will throw a big wrench in their dodging maneuvers.

ink over obstacles when enemies are hiding behind them. this is a way to incapacitate them and make them an easy kill for teammates (or at least to scare/upset them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom