• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sniper's paradise: Hammerhead Bridge Revised

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly not too long ago people said that chargers don't really work in hammerhead because of how easy it is to get flanked in this area, but after playing through this area quite a few time I listed a few areas that are very effective areas for most chargers in this game

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
{please note that in some battle types this might be more effective than in others this for example is best for rainmaker, but can be good in splat zones or tower control as well}

Okay let's try this again, since I lost my markers I'll try to get pictures to show these areas. So the ledge to the right of this inkling (shown below) is a great area for a charger, (more specifically one of the squiffers), this is because during rainmaker, or just the usual trolling inkling, this allows you to splat most enemies on the grated area both behind and in the middle of this stage.
Of course people will try to attack you, but thank to the mini wall, you can hide from their attack and super jump back to base if the the attacks become too much. Also if someone makes a jump for the ledge a ink mine of in splat bomb either underneath or near the "climbable box thing" can help you hold your ground and annoy enemies who dare to forget

Last edited:

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Yeah image link is borked for me too,apparenlly something about not having enough right too see the google doc.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
okay thanks I'll try to get that patched so you can see it better

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
okay thanks I'll try to get that patched so you can see it better
Okay fixed it I hope now you can enjoy this better

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
The next area is to the white box to the left of this splatcharger in this picture is also a great firing place for charger, although this is mainly for defensive use {good for holding off the enemy not pushing them back to base} and does not guarantee a win for your team.
Of course the :wst_charge_normal00:,:wst_charge_normal01:, and :wst_charge_long01: *no scopes* do great work here since you can stop the enemy from even getting close to your base, and also since you are on an object you can only be hit directly (although you must pay attention to squelchers and long range blasters), but those who try to rush you all give you a direct shot as long as you're patient and, if the team keep their focus on the objective, can help you win the battle

***************************************************************this box right here************************************

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
Do people actually say this map isn't suited for chargers? In my opinion it's one of the best, due to all the little perches along the central walkway.

You brought up the issue of flanking, which is definitely possible, but the central area is slightly elevated so I don't see this as much of a problem.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I know right?
I'm hoping to take a look into some of the maps "not suited" for chargers and see if I can find ways that charger might actually prove to be effective so if anyone has any recommendations or tips that they've noted please share them with me on this page or my homepage

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The bigger problem of standing on those grid walkways is that whenever Hammerhead is in rotation there will be a lot of people running sonic builds(basically short-ranged shooters stacking a ton of run speed ups), because Hammerhead has a lot of grid to walk on. This makes it dangerous to get ambushed on the walkways because they can easily outrun you and gun you down, esp when you are low on ink.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I understand that this can be a problem, but from the match-ups I've seen the sonic builds are usually predictable and although they can hop or tech to throw off your aim you still stand a chance if they don't realize you're aiming at them via peekaboo charging (aim at another opponent, or behind an object then quickly turning and hitting those trying to rush you) making them easy to pick and perfect if you have a damage up setup which makes charging go a bit quicker and splat enemies without a full charge.

Also although these are tough at times I personally feel that the heavy and hydra splatings are the most difficult to fight since they can draw you out with that stupid "rain of doom" while behind cover

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i play the shorter ranged snipers,

it feels like for me, i get a lot of success out of weaving back and forth over the two central blocks (mostly from the sides). most people are generally focusing on forward progression and typically on their own level, so by moving most sideways rather than front-back and constantly switching elevations, the opposing team usually has difficulty fighting back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom