So.. 2.7.0 update Good or bad for eliters?

Indigo

Inkling
NNID
Indig0
Woke up to new weapons and slight changes to the mechanics. Anyone know how it will affect e-liters (and splat chargers) if at all?o_O

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I personally like the new feel of e-liters, I think we can see more build diversity, and is just a weapon that is being played similarly to before, just more defensively. I only play custom e-liter, and I love my new build on it:

:ability_tenacity::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Let's me shoot more often, and be more of a support sniper. I can still get some quick charges, but since the range changed so much, 2-3 damage ups are all that is required, as much as I like 2 uncharged shots killing with 3 mains 2 subs, it is more beneficial to me to shoot more often, and get kraken, even if it's slower, more often.

It may have hurt normal e-liter more, with the changes to burst bombs, but I personally like the feel of the weapon now, the faster charge feels good, and the range thing makes sense balance wise, although I think ~15% would've been better.

It basically raised the skill floor for e-liter, but and in return the possibility for greater build diversity, since full charges are faster and needed. I think this trade-off is good for the meta, because of the build diversity, and removal of the all burst bomb e-liters.

extremechiton

Inkling
NNID
Extremechiton
I hate it. It usually took me 3 burst bombs to fully Splat someone if I didn't get a direct hit. So 2 bombs down and out of ink, I'm dead in an instant. Burst bombs are what made dealing with up close enounteres doable since I could swim around my opponent barraging them with burst bombs. But now that's impossible since even 2 close ranged bombs don't do the trick andbits hard enough to aim a charger with such a narrow spread of ink. It forces me to play super campy and that's not my style. Leaves more room for enemies to sneak up behind me.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I am okay with this. The few E Litre's I see are now running more interesting builds and no longer resulting to Bomb spam to claim a close encounter victory as it will leave them high and dry really fast. Using the Custom variant, it's not different for me as I just shoot people who get to close with not-full charge shots until they perish.

Been running
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialsaver:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:

The run speed is for Charger duels and Triggerfish and Hammerhead for mobility. The Swimspeed is for the Kraken, and the Ink Recovery is to shoot more often. Though, with :ability_inksavermain: main of this, I can get 4 shots off instead of three. I'll keep messing around with builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom