• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So, patch notes dropped

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
I guess the S in Sizzle season stands for salmon run. Holy damn, thats a lot of buffs. More people hyped to see how hard hitting some of those buffs will be? Super chump buff is looking good as well!

Also poor stamper and ultra stamp, thats gotta sting for anyone not wanting to play wiper deco.

Cephalobro

I'm actually happy with the huge amount of buffs. Salmon Run was getting unfairly hard for me, but now that problem can be solved. I'm especially glad for the decrease in ink consumption by the Dynamo Roller, which is heavily needed for it to be the best tank breaker in Salmon Run.

OneCoolCat

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6465-7408-0406
I only got three words for this update. “Big Bubbler Buff”! It’s a big buff for the Squiffer and I am for it completely! Overall though I like all the patches and can’t wait to try them out in a couple of days.

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
I'm actually happy with the huge amount of buffs. Salmon Run was getting unfairly hard for me, but now that problem can be solved. I'm especially glad for the decrease in ink consumption by the Dynamo Roller, which is heavily needed for it to be the best tank breaker in Salmon Run.
Yeah, especially since it buffs up some of the weapons that have a very unique SR niche! Maybe now I'll actually be half decent with dynamo on a non rush wave. Also pretty hyped to try to eat rush chums with a undercover (or finally completing my VP200 badge set and trying to get a 400 set XD).

View attachment 7871

But yeah, other than stamper I'm pretty happy with the patches.
Yeah. Yeaaaaaaaaah... I mean it's still useable probably but holy damn did they make it harsh.

I only got three words for this update. “Big Bubbler Buff”! It’s a big buff for the Squiffer and I am for it completely! Overall though I like all the patches and can’t wait to try them out in a couple of days.
On the one hand, I wonder if we can see bubbler shine, on the other hand: I'm calling it now, object shredder is going to have a field day on splatanas, tri-stringer and splatlings and other assorted weapons. Between crab, wall, buffed chumps, buffed bubbler and every hydras favorite pasttime: Shooting booyah bombs out of the sky I think we may see object shredder become a very useful ability. Or the buffs turn out to be a wash and everything stays as it is now but eh, I hope that the buffs are good.

coatruse

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6163-6212-5440
On the one hand, I wonder if we can see bubbler shine, on the other hand: I'm calling it now, object shredder is going to have a field day on splatanas, tri-stringer and splatlings and other assorted weapons. Between crab, wall, buffed chumps, buffed bubbler and every hydras favorite pasttime: Shooting booyah bombs out of the sky I think we may see object shredder become a very useful ability. Or the buffs turn out to be a wash and everything stays as it is now but eh, I hope that the buffs are good.
I'm living for the object shredder renaissance. Two of the best specials in the game are already susceptible to it (crab and booyah), so this is probably the best object shredder has ever been lol. Though it's unfortunate that splash walls and wave breakers will be caught in the crossfire...

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
I'm living for the object shredder renaissance. Two of the best specials in the game are already susceptible to it (crab and booyah), so this is probably the best object shredder has ever been lol. Though it's unfortunate that splash walls and wave breakers will be caught in the crossfire...
I mean, if I have the chance to remove a well placed wall/wave I'll geek it already if I have the chance. I have seen way to much people eat it thanks to a wavebreaker.

What I'm really hoping for is to sort of see a stealth jump go down a bit in usage instead of it being a no brainer to run it if you can.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Shame what happened to Stamper, but I have to admit it always felt a bit too ink efficient when compared to other similarly ranged weapons like Range Blaster. It also takes a bite out of its Zipcaster too due to the special being based on your main weapon's ink usage. I think it's still quite powerful but now It'll require a bit more deliberation instead of spamming charged slashes down chokes.

That Sloshing machine nerf is going to sting though. A fire rate nerf isn't something we see much and now that gap widens compared to Rapid and Slosher. Even still, it is the best Booyah Bomb weapon and will continue to be played regularly because of that.

The Splash nerf seems to just help out other similarly ranged weapons e.g. Splattershot, 52. in fighting it. But it's rather tame compared to the other nerfs so Splash seems rather unscathed.

I'm not going to go over the buffs as most seem rather unremarkable. The Big Bubbler buff though could be interesting and Super chump's painting buff is pretty nice too.

Last edited:

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
Shame what happened to Stamper, but I have to admit it always felt a bit too ink efficient when compared to other similarly ranged weapons like Range Blaster. It also takes a bite out of its Zipcaster too due to the special being based on your main weapon's ink usage. I think it's still quite powerful but now It'll require a bit more deliberation instead of spamming charged slashes down chokes.

That Sloshing machine nerf is going to sting though. A fire rate nerf isn't something we see much and now that gap widens compared to Rapid and Slosher. Even still, it is the best Booyah Bomb weapon and will continue to be played regularly because of that.

The Splash nerf seems to just help out other similarly ranged weapons e.g. Splattershot, 52. in fighting it. But it's rather tame compared to the other nerfs so Splash seems rather unscathed.

I'm not going to go over the buffs as most seem rather unremarkable. The Big Bubbler buff though could be interesting and Super chump's painting buff is pretty nice too.
Yeah, buffs are kinda eh, but I hope this pushes chumps into a good cover for specials. Perhaps with beacons now being on better kits we may even see people drop a chump over a beacon and have people jump with them more easily.

Machine is a shame, but i'm sure that if it falls off to hard they'll buff it again. As they really don't seem to want to give blasters anything. Splash is also a shame, but eh, perhaps it'll force just enough of a riskier playstyle.

Didn't realize that but yeah, stamper does sound oddly efficient now. Maybe 15/20% would have been nicer to it, but at least that does put it in line with other weapons.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
From my own experience so far the nerfs aren't too impactful. The machine nerf is noticeable, but I don't think it's enough curb its usage. While the Splash and Stamper nerfs are negligible. I was honestly surprised I didn't feel much of anything when it came to Stamper. Also, Stamper's Zipcaster hasn't changed much as it just seems to lose one extra slash. This was using it with no ink saver perks as well. Granted I was very light on using Bursts so maybe the nerf is more impactful towards that aspect of the weapon. And the buffs, as predicted, were unremarkable.

I think this patch is fine overall. I didn't expect this be a huge meta-shaker anyway as none of the patches have really done so.

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
From my own experience so far the nerfs aren't too impactful. The machine nerf is noticeable, but I don't think it's enough curb its usage. While the Splash and Stamper nerfs are negligible. I was honestly surprised I didn't feel much of anything when it came to Stamper. Also, Stamper's Zipcaster hasn't changed much as it just seems to lose one extra slash. This was using it with no ink saver perks as well. Granted I was very light on using Bursts so maybe the nerf is more impactful towards that aspect of the weapon. And the buffs, as predicted, were unremarkable.

I think this patch is fine overall. I didn't expect this be a huge meta-shaker anyway as none of the patches have really done so.
Huh, havent been able to play yet. But if thats true that would be nice. And if it's like the last patches I wont have my expactations high.

Though the fist bump somehow melts my heart. If anything thats a small but really nice feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom