• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So what all can you do with your friends online right now?

Enigma

Inkling
NNID
GspotJackson
I know you can't go online together but what can you do as a party?

Osha

Full Squid
NNID
Oshawatt
You can join a friend's lobby, and if you're 8 people and get lucky enough you can all play together, with the teams being shuffled every time. Actual friends vs friends battles aren't happening until August.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You can join friends in Regular mode. That's it, unfortunately.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Party matchmaking is not in until August. This allows composing your team as you see fit for competitive purposes and even customize rulesets, instead of party randomization under a standard ruleset like it is now in Regular Battles.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Am I the only one who does not understand why they have to take 2 months to release party matchmaking?

Enigma

Inkling
NNID
GspotJackson
Am I the only one who does not understand why they have to take 2 months to release party matchmaking?
They just wanted to get the game out by the release date. Kids getting out for summer means more people playing the game which is most important

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
They just wanted to get the game out by the release date. Kids getting out for summer means more people playing the game which is most important
But what is so hard about adding a system to let you create your own party? That does not take long, does it? (legit questions, i don't know, though common sense makes me think it doesn't)

Enigma

Inkling
NNID
GspotJackson
But what is so hard about adding a system to let you create your own party? That does not take long, does it? (legit questions, i don't know, though common sense makes me think it doesn't)
Well it is Nintendo and we all know their focal point has never been online fluidity lol

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Well it is Nintendo and we all know their focal point has never been online fluidity lol
#FlawDetected #PleaseFix

Online fluidity in a online multiplayer based game is a MUST. There is no excuses for this.

agentkirb

Inkling
NNID
agentkirb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first Nintendo game with as fleshed out of an online multiplayer. Other studios that make an FPS every year probably just use the same code they did for the last game to do all of this stuff, but if you are doing it for the first time it can take some time.

I actually admire that Nintendo is waiting for features to be ready before putting them in. Too often you see games try to rush things to get them ready before the launch date... then the game comes out and there are all kinds of bugs.

Enigma

Inkling
NNID
GspotJackson
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first Nintendo game with as fleshed out of an online multiplayer. Other studios that make an FPS every year probably just use the same code they did for the last game to do all of this stuff, but if you are doing it for the first time it can take some time.

I actually admire that Nintendo is waiting for features to be ready before putting them in. Too often you see games try to rush things to get them ready before the launch date... then the game comes out and there are all kinds of bugs.
This is true and probably the best explanation for it

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Once I realized how long it's probably gonna take me to get enough gold for all the sea snails I need, I was like. Ok. Yeah, I'm glad the real competition doesn't start until August, cuz I'm gonna need a lot of time to prepare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom