So, you're wanting in the competitive Splatoon community.

starry_echo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0303-8738-0802
You find this place, and that its last article (aside from new membership) is from before Splatoon 3 was even released. A few posts come up, but overall they're sparks from a past fire that's burnt out. This community definitely has a scene, so...where is it?

In the comp scene, it's known that a lot of resources are only really found behind Discord servers and twitter posts. Some front-facing orgnizations that create tournaments have helped to expand the scene's reach, but finding resources is much more difficult when they're not public. I think that placing some competitive resources and guides here has some value, so that any passerby interested in the community can learn where we are now.

I've been in the community for a decent while, as a high-level competitive player (top 500 in all X rank modes, tourney sets that I won't elaborate at the moment) and coach. I've reviewed and given advice to anyone from casuals just picking up competitive, to top-level teams looking to get to the next level.

I'm going to be posting semi-regularly over the summer to give resources, advice, and further insight on where the community is now, what to do to join it, and just try to give a headstart on joining the scene and playing the game more competitively. Feel free to comment any quick questions, and I'll be happy to answer! Hope to see you all join us!

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
It's good to see many people share the same sentiment about the practicality of an archival forum. Currently some site features could use a little attention to accommodate comp players I reckon. Having this site actually become a competitive hub/resource would be great for many and I'm glad others are trying to make that a reality.

And of course, welcome to Squidboards!

Last edited:

Lightspeed_Lunatic

Senior Squid
This is great! Becoming a sort of competitive database would definitely help the forum become active again. I'll try to do my part too, by uploading some Salmon Run guides, as well as bringing over information from the Overfishing server (While crediting the original sources, or course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom