• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Some stuff I want (balance patch, other things)

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
I had some ideas I thought would make splatoon 2 better.

Main Weapon Stats (all variants):

If I don't say what I'm changing a stat from and just use relative terms, it's because I don't know or don't think I know. If I thought I knew a current stat and I didn't, I'm sorry. I'll correct it if I get pointed out.

N-zap:
• Damage per bullet: 28 -> 26
• Ink usage: 0.8 -> 0.95 per bullet

Jet Squelcher:

• 15% more drops fall from bullets. (Better painting)

Squeezer:

• Fire Rate (holding down): 7 frames -> 6 frames
• Damage (holding down): 30 -> 24

Rollers in general:

• Can no longer kill in one hit with ink that falls on opponents after reaching maximum range. No more über sloshing.

E-Liter 4k:

• Gets the same range as it had in the first game.

Tenta Brella:

• Firing from squid form takes 20% less time.
• Takes 6 frames (0.1s) less time to open canopy, and it is held open for 6 frames longer before launching.
• Ink usage while holding canopy open: 30% over 0.5 seconds -> 15% over 0.6 seconds and 15% more the moment it is launched. (If you were told it's 40%, they were including the shot it takes to open the brella.)
• Canopy becomes transparent to you and your team after launching.

Splat Brella:
• Canopy becomes transparent to you and your team after launching.

Undercover Brella:
• More durability. (I wouldn't know exactly how much, I don't use it)

Brellas in general:
• Enemy bombs won't explode on brellas, they'll just bounce off, kinda like how the autobomb bounces off of every wall, but this would be all throwable bombs, even suction and burst bombs. Curling bombs would also be deflected as if they had hit a wall.

Special Points Required:

Blaster (default): 170 -> at least 190
Sploosh-o-matic (default): 170 -> 180
Squeezer (the only one rn): 180 -> 170

Sub Weapons:

Splash Wall:
• Same thing I said about brellas.

Special Weapons:

Tenta Missiles:
I got this idea from Gameboy224.
• The circles that appear around you when targeted are now only visible to the team targeted by them.
• No more need for the targeting icon to stay on enemies a few seconds after the missiles are fired, it's replaced by the next buff.
• Upon activation, marks all targeted enemies with a 5 second point sensor. I used tenta missiles in the testing range, and this is about how long (if not exactly how long) that targeting icon stays on enemies right now.

Splashdown:

• 10 frames (0.166 seconds) less invincibly after using splashdown except when using it during a super jump.

Bubble Blower:
• Far Blast Damage: 50 -> 60.
• Enemy bombs that hit a bubble will disappear, but still deal damage to the bubble, just not anything else. Allied bombs stay the same.

Abilities:

Cold Blooded:
• Reduces tracking time from point sensor tracking by up to 90% -> projected to 110% (One main: 27% -> 33%), but all tracking has a minimum of 0.2s to trigger the sound that confirms that you are in fact there.
All abilities are calculated as either [base stat] * this or [base stat] * (1 - this), cold blooded is the latter:

x = 10*mains + 3*subs
(0.99x - (0.09x)^2) * [stat multiplier]

The stat multiplier for cold blooded is 3/100. The change I'm recommending is to change this number to 2/55, but with a lower limit of 0.2.

Maximum useful amount of cold blooded for point sensors: 41 points or equal to 2 mains and 7 subs (but who would even wear that much of something useful?).
• Reduces tracking time of thermal ink by up to 60%. (One main: 18%)
• Reduces tracking time of haunt by up to 40%. (One main: 12%)
• Reduces the range that squid beakons can detect you from by up to 90%.

Bomb Defense Up:
• Now reduces damage from all non-main weapons:
• Up to 25% (1 main: 7.5%) less damage from sting ray and ink storm.
• Up to 35% (1 main: 10.5%) less damage from bubbles.
(A pure bomb defense up piece of gear would save you from a double bubble far blast if you use the change I made to bubble blower. If you didn't use that change, you would only need one sub.)
• Up to 50% (1 main: 15%) less damage from sprinkler.

Haunt:

• A ghostly white point sensor will circle you while you are being tracked by thermal ink, sting ray, or another haunt if you are wearing this ability.
AND/OR
• Duration reduced to 18s, but all teammates can see the haunted enemy.

Thermal Ink:
• Indirect hits track players for 4 seconds.
• "Indirect" redefined to include shots that fall on enemy inklings and do less than maximum damage.

Stealth Jump:
• No more range. Just hides your super jump marker up until the last 80 frames (1.333 seconds) of it. Hopefully this fixes the tower control problem without making it utterly useless like it currently is.

Respawn Punisher:
• Your respawn penalty will be the same as the person you splat, but if you splat someone wearing respawn punisher and you are also wearing respawn punisher, they get the old respawn penalty.

Other Things:

• Up is "This way!" Down is "Booyah!" Left should be "Watch Out!" and right should be "Go!"

• Just give us the splat 1 music, Nintendo. Free or unlocked with splatoon amiibos, since those unlock it in the jukebox, I don't care. Also we should be able to just turn music off if we want.

• It'd be cool to have some kind of mechanical inkling in the testing range that would fire at non-inkling objects (including brellas, as that would be the main advantage). You could use the up arrow to turn it on and off and the down arrow to swap the weapon. It could also throw its sub with the left arrow (walking out a few steps to use squid beakon and ink mine), and use its special with the right arrow. The mechanical inkling would be invincible, but its ink armor and baller would not be.

• Another testing range feature, for quality of life, is that if you press plus twice you'll be able to change your gear inside the testing range.

Edit log:
Edit 1
• Clarified what I meant to say with the bubble blower change.
Edit 2
• Added a tenta missiles change that uses point sensors.
• Added a respawn punisher buff.
• Added some ideas for the testing range.

Last edited:

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I think "Go!" is too similar to "This Way!". Both kind of serve the same purpose, as in guiding players around to a specific point. Basic Squelcher could use better painting. We need a better reason to use them than just using the SQ. Dualies, which have the range of the regular SQ. but with better painting. Also, nice balance speculation!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I think "Go!" or "Push!" would be really useful. I may not be near the tower, but might be able to see that it's clear. Often I get a triple but get killed by the last opponent, and "Go!" would be great to have there. And some people think "This way!" means "Super jump to me now," which is often not the idea at all.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Splashdown needs realistic radial indicators so we’re not getting splatted miles (over exaggeration) outside of the current one. Can’t tell you how many times I’m dying when I’m well outside its range with little to no damage beforehand and yet I die. It cannot be lag every single time. I refuse to believe that. I rarely lag at all in this game so why would it be confined to only splashdown?

I agree with the jet squelcher improvement. It feels too similar to the painting capability of a splattershot pro which is pretty bad. Given that the jet has monster range but terrible damage, giving us just a bit more painting doesn’t seem unreasonable. That might increase its ink usage though.

Though on the flip side if it’s intended as a support weapon, it’s range is its shining feature so you’re using it at the cost of increased damage or inking. So, idk.

I don’t see why we need booyah. Sure it’s kinda fun sometimes but I agree, there are 4 directional buttons why not give us 4 commands? “This way” can be used in so many contexts they should honestly remove it and split its intended meanings into 4 commands. Something like “push” or “retreat” or “incoming” or something idk. Haven’t thought it through enough.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
What's so bad about bombs exploding on brellas, splash walls, etc? I think of it as a kind of punishment/strategy with them. If an enemy can hit your brella with a teammate in front of you that teammate is being careless. If its with bubbles then there is the strategy of using bombs on them offensively. When I was using the forge pro once I got suction bomb kill off a bubble. And if you bomb-proof all these things then you need to bomb-proof the rainmaker's shield, as it is exactly the same as the bubbles.

philip

Inkling
Splashdown needs realistic radial indicators so we’re not getting splatted miles (over exaggeration) outside of the current one. Can’t tell you how many times I’m dying when I’m well outside its range with little to no damage beforehand and yet I die. It cannot be lag every single time. I refuse to believe that. I rarely lag at all in this game so why would it be confined to only splashdown?

I agree with the jet squelcher improvement. It feels too similar to the painting capability of a splattershot pro which is pretty bad. Given that the jet has monster range but terrible damage, giving us just a bit more painting doesn’t seem unreasonable. That might increase its ink usage though.

Though on the flip side if it’s intended as a support weapon, it’s range is its shining feature so you’re using it at the cost of increased damage or inking. So, idk.

I don’t see why we need booyah. Sure it’s kinda fun sometimes but I agree, there are 4 directional buttons why not give us 4 commands? “This way” can be used in so many contexts they should honestly remove it and split its intended meanings into 4 commands. Something like “push” or “retreat” or “incoming” or something idk. Haven’t thought it through enough.
The Splashdown indicator only shows the instant kill zone. It does partial damage outside of that zone so you can still get splatted if you're already damaged.

BoneyBrown

Inkling
NNID
BoneyBrown
Switch Friend Code
SW-2199-3817-1691
I like your command ideas. Personally I think "This Way" should be removed entirely and should be replaced by mode specific commands such as: "Throw me a clam," "Take the rain maker," "Get on the tower," and "Focus on the zone"

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
What's so bad about bombs exploding on brellas, splash walls, etc? I think of it as a kind of punishment/strategy with them. If an enemy can hit your brella with a teammate in front of you that teammate is being careless. If its with bubbles then there is the strategy of using bombs on them offensively. When I was using the forge pro once I got suction bomb kill off a bubble. And if you bomb-proof all these things then you need to bomb-proof the rainmaker's shield, as it is exactly the same as the bubbles.
I just feel really sad whenever I accidentally team kill with my tenta brella because I know they're on the other end, blaming me. It's probably just me that wants this. About the bubbles, I'm sorry, I meant to say enemy bombs only would disappear, and allied bombs would still explode, but again, it's the team kill thing. I'll change it.

techton

Senior Squid
Why no Respawn Punisher buff?

Just give us the splat 1 music, Nintendo. Free or unlocked with splatoon amiibos, since those unlock it in the jukebox, I don't care. Also we should be able to just turn music off if we want.
On the topic of that, we should be able to select what kind of music we want to hear in battle, kind of like in Smash Bros.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
The Splashdown indicator only shows the instant kill zone. It does partial damage outside of that zone so you can still get splatted if you're already damaged.
And yet the damage outside of that radius seems wildly inconsistent. I have died multiple times outside of that radius. And that’s with little to no damage. I will of course attribute some of the occurrences to lag, but it shouldn’t be doing nearly 100 damage when you’re well outside the circle. I could even deal with the current length of invulnerability if the damage output were consistent. Then you’d at least know the outcome if you’ve escaped the radius with whatever Health you’re at.

philip

Inkling
And yet the damage outside of that radius seems wildly inconsistent. I have died multiple times outside of that radius. And that’s with little to no damage. I will of course attribute some of the occurrences to lag, but it shouldn’t be doing nearly 100 damage when you’re well outside the circle. I could even deal with the current length of invulnerability if the damage output were consistent. Then you’d at least know the outcome if you’ve escaped the radius with whatever Health you’re at.
Apparently the splash damage is anywhere between 55 to 70 damage, which is pretty significant. A single splash from a burst bomb or a single pellet from a splattershot could kill you.

Damage values: 180, 70, 55.
  • 180 damage range: 0 → ~1.4 bar radius.
  • 70 damage range: ~1.3 → ~2.0 bar radius.
  • 55 damage range: ~2.1 → ~2.9 bar radius.
  • Height increases the 180 damage radius, but not any other radius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom