Some things that I have problems with in Salmon Run

techton

Senior Squid
Yes, as my signature says, I hate a lot of things, and here are some of the things I hate in Salmon Run.

Event waves starting at wave 1 - I'm not a fan of event waves starting in wave 1, especially the ones that are difficult like the Griller. The Griller waves are just plain difficult, especially when you have teammates who are being targeted run right past you, making you have to avoid the Griller yourself. Goldie Seeking is, to me, almost entirely luck-based, as you'll either do really good, or really bad. The Rush I can really only blame on my teammates if we fail since they'll get the bright idea of going out on their own and die almost instantly. The Mothership, again, is like Goldie Seeking. Eh, I was never a fan of event waves in the first place, but they can be a pain if they're on wave 1.

Garbage rotation weapons - "Seriously, Mr. Grizz. What were you thinking handing us a weapon as useless as the Nozzlehose against an enormous swarm of Salmonids? It's like a Sniper from TF2 trying to shoot a swarm of gnats."

The stupid Smallfrys - I hate these freaking things. They're small, so they have a tiny hitbox. They're hard to hit when using certain weapons, like chargers and weapons that have inaccuracy. Belgh. I can't hate them more enough. Combining them with something like the griller just makes up for a total annoyance that just isn't fun to go up against at all.

That's all I've got. I made this thread because I got bumped down by over 120 points in a string of losses in Salmon Run. :>

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Can't argue with any of that. I wouldn't mind event wave 1's if it weren't for Grillers and idiots. So many people even at Profreshional 200 don't know how to handle Glowflies or Goldie Seeking. And Smallfries kill me more often than anything else--can't hit them with a bunch of weapons, and often I don't even see them.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
That's why I most often try to do SR with friends. That's how you can assure there's atleast one other competent player in there. It doesn't affect you much then if Nintendo decides to put people in your team to whom Salmon Run sems to be amazingly oblivious, even though they are at the highest rank.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Smallfrys annoy the heck out of me. You'd think they'd to kill, but they're soooo small. It's at it worse with splatings or chargers

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I can attempt to address some of these issues.

1) I actually prefer events on the first wave. Even though a wipe is more likely, events on wave 3 can be rough with the increased quota. My quota for wave 3 is generally around 18-21, and getting that on Griller or Goldie seeking waves is incredibly difficult.

2) That's part of the fun of Salmon Run. I actually don't care much for the mentality of skipping certain loadouts because the weapons are "bad". I enjoy trying to make it work regardless of what they give me. I recall someone comparing it to a cooking challenge where you're given certain ingredients, and they have to make it work. If you're always given top tier weapons, SR would just be boring. Not only that, but you don't get the opportunity to actually learn some of these unpopular weapons.

3) Just aim at your feet. They can get irritating, but that's mostly all you have to do. For the Smallfry in Griller waves, it requires some teamwork. Someone has to dedicate themselves to Smallfry control. This is often best for whoever has the Blaster, Roller, or Brush. If none of your teammates are taking care of the Smallfry, and you don't have a Charger or Splatling, put yourself on Smallfry control.

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
I think I'll just add my 2 cents to this thread.

1- I like having events on Wave one. The quota's the lowest by then and events during this time just feel the easiest to me. I do hate when things get so difficult that everybody has to use all of their specials in the very first wave, so I'm rather conflicted about this one. Grillers are anger-inducing no matter what wave they appear in.

2- WHO IN GOD'S NAME THOUGHT THAT MAKING THE INKBRUSH A POSSIBLE WEAPON CHOICE IN SALMON RUN IS A GOOD IDEA? I love the weapon to death, but in Salmon Run, it is the definition of useless.

3- Smallfries... I don't have too much of a problem with them myself, but I can see why everybody despises them. I don't what I can add on with shooting down but backing away and making some space between you and the smallfry might help, I don't know.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
All of the points you get at the end of a gameplay is combined by your entire team.
Playing your role as a sweeper, support, egg collector or roamer depending on your weapon is detrimental.

Learning how each weapon work, and where it works best is making all the difference in the world, i know that from experience, i hated having the e-liter, and now i can wipe out tons of salmons in just a single shot. ;)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The only thing that makes me want to hate SR is Goldie Seeking, aka hunt the RNGJesus. Unlike other modes, the amount of eggs you'll gain doesn't scale with the difficulty meaning you'll have to pray it'll let you get enough eggs before it ends. I've had more runs end on this event more than anything else, and it kind of makes me want to dunk that glowing oversized chum directly into the nearest trashcan.

It's pure RNG. If Goldie spawns faraway from the basket too many times you'll literally have no chance of meeting your quota. If Goldie decides to move from one side of the map to the other every single time, your chance of winning this event will somehow dip in the negatives. What a dumb, dumb event.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Sometimes, I really hate Scrappers. Not entirely because of the boss themselves, but most of my teammates. Sometimes, my teammates and I team up to take them down, but other times they completely ignore them, and often I can't deal with them myself. I wish some players would take this boss more srsly. But it's not really a big problem.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Oofes, after 5k points and more on the current rotation (R.I.P. my sanity), I feel like adding a couple bucks to the list.

Event Waves at Wave 1:
Jagreed for Goldie Seek. Nothing like having to rely on RNGesus to find the Goldie three times in a row because that's the average amount of times my crew has to find it in order to get the quota. Goldie somewhere at the end of the universe after opening up all the sewers? Tough luck bro, that's a wrap and you'll get a demotion (points-wise, not rank-wise :D). Had this happen three or four times and it's just terribad. Any other event is rather fine though. Glowflies gets the adrenaline pumping but isn't the worst of it, Mothership waves are a blessing, and Cohock Waves are okay too. Grillers are bearable with most weapons too. Just make sure one teammate is cleaning up the Smallfry, if you have a weapon to do so and nobody else is doing it, do eet. It saves lives. :D

Garbage Rotation Weapons:
I think it's rather hard for me to comment on this, as everyone has a different opinion on what makes a weapon garbage for this mode, or in general. There's people hating on the scoped Liter (or any scoped charger) on lost outpost for instance, and I (naturally) don't mind getting any charger, rather I'd be overjoyed if I could have one each wave. No kidding. And then there's people loving on the inkbrush for its agility, I personally can't stand it because spamming ZR so fast is kinda killing my finger. :p ANYWAY! I'm one to make do with what I get and I personally don't mind the iffiest of rotations. I think the complete randomness of it is part of the charm. I wish they'd do more purely randomized slots though.

The stupid Smallfries:
Word bro. They're the bane of my existence. Even when I have the weapons to deal with them, they're easily the biggest threat regardless because they're fast, persistent and can chip away at your health faster than you'd expect them to. I only ever find them okay on Griller waves, anywhere else they can go [censored] themselves.

But here's what really grinds my gears during SR at times:
Not getting the charger at all. Stingers. Stingers man. They have a personal vendetta against me. I've stopped counting how often I'd get locked onto by them (nothing like three stingrays aimed at one inkling), rendering me useless for my teammates because I'm stuck in "NIGERUNDAYO" mode. Oh, and everytime I try to take them out, bad karma happens. And randos tend to ignore them. I just don't like them, okay?;_;

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Honestly, I don't see these things as problems.
To me, they just add to the challenge which I do enjoy a bit of just as much as I enjoy dominating with a great Salmon Run weapon rotation.

Unless the weapon rotation is a mix of slow firing and slow killing weapons against Salmon Rush, then RIP.

I have mixed feelings about Goldie Seeking, it can either be super easy or annoyingly hard depending on the map and tide. Cause on lowtide, it's like the easiest mode ever (except maybe on Salmon Smokeyard because the stage and get overwhelmed pretty fast).

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Smallfry control
I pray for smallfry control when I get an eliter for a wave.
upload_2018-3-17_19-43-31.png

In my opinion, this is a role for every wave when you have a charger teammate.
I LOVE chargers in salmon run, the boss splatting power is real.
I HATE SMALLFRIES!
AND GRILLERS IS ACTUALLY SMALLFRY RUSH WITH A FEW FLOODERS!!!
"OH WHATS THAT? PERFECT SHOT LINED UP??? LEMME HELP YOU WITH THAT *nudge*"
upload_2018-3-17_19-50-42.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

*ahem*
never underestimate the cannon fodder, they stack up.
Smallfry control pls =3

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Well if we're going on about things that get on our nerves in SR.....

I agree with Либра on Stingers. Not because of what they're capable of by themselves. Oh heavens no. I hate it when I go off to kill one, and more from opposite sides of the map take me out. It's not enough I have to separate from my team and kill one in an obnoxious chokepoint. Admittedly playing jump rope with its laser can be kind of fun.

I hate it when spawning Chums and Cohocks push Steelheads. I have a Charger, and I'm aiming at a Steelhead's weak point, and a spawning Chum pushes it out of the freaking way as I'm shooting! UGH it's so irritating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom