• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Something Interesting About The Goo Tuber

Sound Squalis

Inkster Jr.
I have yet to find a thread on this, and this has been a thing since before the update. I've been playing Goo Tuber for awhile and I have yet to find anyone who noticed that if you go into your ink with an incomplete charge, when you immerge (before the hold counter dies) the charge will continue from where it left off.

I made this after the update but I just assumed most people knew abt it but apparently...nobody...does?? There's nothing on it so I'll just assume everyone's been playing it like a normal charger and didn't notice.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Don't worry, others actually do know about it--especially other goo tuber users.

I think that feature was added during one of the game's earliest patch updates to better set itself apart from the other chargers and attempt to give players a reason to use it.

But because the goo tuber is stigmatized, any depth of knowledge about it is often ignored.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I believe that this was included with the second-to-most-recent patch; it's the only charger to be able to hold an incomplete charge after going into squid form. In the most recent patch, it was also given the ability to kill at ~71% charge due to its damage increase.

EDIT: I said the Goo Tuber had its charge rate doubled in this patch; it was actually the Squiffer and Bamboozler. My baaaayd.

Last edited:

Sound Squalis

Inkster Jr.
Don't worry, others actually do know about it--especially other goo tuber users.

I think that feature was added during one of the game's earliest patch updates to better set itself apart from the other chargers and attempt to give players a reason to use it.

But because the goo tuber is stigmatized, any depth of knowledge about it is often ignored.
Well that's nice to know because honestly the Goo Tuber is an interesting weapon, to say the least. Honestly it's nice to see other people who actually run the Goo Tuber.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I believe that this was included with the second-to-most-recent patch; it's the only charger to be able to hold an incomplete charge after going into squid form. In the most recent patch, it was also given the ability to kill at ~71% charge due to its damage increase, it had its in-air charging rate doubled (as did the Bamboozler).
The Tuber actually charges at the same old slow rate mid-air as it did before. The weapons where that was buffed are the Bamboo and Squiffer. Everything else you mention is correct.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
The Tuber actually charges at the same old slow rate mid-air as it did before. The weapons where that was buffed are the Bamboo and Squiffer. Everything else you mention is correct.
Oh yes, that's right, it was the Squiffer not the Tuber. Thanks for catching that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom