Something needs to be done about players dropping out of ranked matches.

Liam337

Inkling
NNID
Liam337
We have all been there. You are trying to rank up and you start your ranked match and you soon notice you are getting destroyed. You look at your teammates and you see one of them isn't respawning. Then you get mad because it is impossible to win. Spaltoon needs four players one player less and your team is done. Unless the other team is really bad or they quit in the middle of the match after you were already destroying them you are most likely going to lose. This doesn't matter much in turf war but in ranked it really matters because a loss is very big. Something needs to be done. I'm not saying punish to quitting players because that isn't going to solve anything. They need to add something like taking less away from your rank after a loss with 3 or less players at the finish. Then the quitting player can lose the normal amount. Any other ideas?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
You actually do lose less rank point if you lose and a teammate disconnects. In some cases i have lost a player mid match and only lost 1 point. Now i don't know if this only counts in S rank or not, but that's my experience with it.

NNID
cgame92
I lose less when a player DCs in my team. But I know what you mean it do still suck when someone DC especially when you're winning or even worst you start up the match and only three players appear on the spawn point

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
We have all been there. You are trying to rank up and you start your ranked match and you soon notice you are getting destroyed. You look at your teammates and you see one of them isn't respawning. Then you get mad because it is impossible to win. Spaltoon needs four players one player less and your team is done. Unless the other team is really bad or they quit in the middle of the match after you were already destroying them you are most likely going to lose. This doesn't matter much in turf war but in ranked it really matters because a loss is very big. Something needs to be done. I'm not saying punish to quitting players because that isn't going to solve anything. They need to add something like taking less away from your rank after a loss with 3 or less players at the finish. Then the quitting player can lose the normal amount. Any other ideas?
Equip Tenacity, use OHKO weapons like E-Liters. Space your attacks well and you can still clutch games.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Besides losing less points after a DC, I would recommend boosting the re-spawn time, and general abilities of the team with the DC. Even if it may not secure a win for the team of 3, it helps their chances.

Equip Tenacity, use OHKO weapons like E-Liters. Space your attacks well and you can still clutch games.
That's all well and good, but not everyone will be always running tenacity on their ranked clothing, and beating a team of four with only three players is a lot easier said than done.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Most of the time if a player dcs mid-match in S rank you lose the normal amount of points.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
All Ninty has to do is implement a CPU sub like in L4D. Basically, if there's a lack of activity from one player or a DC, it replaces them with a CPU. Granted, a CPU may not be much help, but it can at least ink turf and draw fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom