Something wrong with the servers?

Magnus0

Pro Squid
every time I try to get in a match, everyone in the match just poofs to death. It's not even lag, but mass disconection for seemingly everyone. Is there something going on?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I wouldn't know, but I have to wonder if there's some foreign maintenance going on. Were there Japanese players in those matches that went poof? Last night I encountered no Japanese players whatsoever, and their splatfest doesn't start until sometime today.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
the Japanese splatfest is already ongoing, i believe? or i guess it's maintenance.

there have been server issues lately though, i've been lagging and disconnecting and no, it's not my connection. (150mbps up 10mbps down 8ms ping more or less) there was maintenance the other day i think to address this (no idea if it was only EU or not), and it's a little better for me, but i'm still seeing disconnects left and right :/

wonder what happened?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You're right, the splatfest probably started last night. With that aside, I haven't had any connection issues myself, but that isn't saying much is it?

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
it's definitely been hit and miss, some people are feeling it hard and some aren't. it's so weird, honestly!

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I had one 3v3 match (we lost a member before it started and they lost one not too long in), but I don't think I've noticed significantly bad connections. The JP Splatfest did really throw me for a loop at first, though - I was completely baffled by the absence of any Japanese names in the lobbies until I realised what was going on.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I've noticed that Japanese players were absent from all of my matches too. But if the Japanese have a splatfest right now, shouldn't there be less connection issues?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Two suggestions: A) servers are getting very stressed because they're being used by a big Splatfest (much larger than the EU/OC one last weekend) and B) Japanese people just have good internet connections.

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
I've noticed that Japanese players were absent from all of my matches too. But if the Japanese have a splatfest right now, shouldn't there be less connection issues?
not really. Japanese players have fine internet, and are actually very close to NA, compared to say, Europe. i live in the EU and i get much worse connection with NA players. and every single NA player i know has ABYSMAL internet. not your guys fault, you just have a really poor infrastructure which makes your broadband kinda bleh. so really, NA players are more likely to cause lag/DCs than Japanese folk, especially if you live in NA.

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
I haven't been able to complete a turf war match in 2 days. Maybe it's something with the servers?

Magnus0

Pro Squid
not really. Japanese players have fine internet, and are actually very close to NA, compared to say, Europe. i live in the EU and i get much worse connection with NA players. and every single NA player i know has ABYSMAL internet. not your guys fault, you just have a really poor infrastructure which makes your broadband kinda bleh. so really, NA players are more likely to cause lag/DCs than Japanese folk, especially if you live in NA.
I'm EU as well. Still I think that the problems can't be at fault of the splatfest in Japan. I mean, mass disconnection by almost everyone hasn't happened before when there was a splatfest, at least not since I started playing.

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
I'm EU as well. Still I think that the problems can't be at fault of the splatfest in Japan. I mean, mass disconnection by almost everyone hasn't happened before when there was a splatfest, at least not since I started playing.
oh no it's definitely not just that, there's been issues for about a week+ now? but i think the abundance of NA players is probably making them worse. or the splatfest is straining the global servers? not sure about that :'I

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom