Soooo I was rolling gear and........

Crystal C

Inkster Jr.
Well what happened was I was rolling for three movement speed ups on my white inky rider which is a rockenburg brand so it has 5x the chance for that. Only to get 3 special charge ups on only my second roll! I was so amazed that I had to do a double take and make sure I wasn't crazy. Afterwards I immedietlly got on squiboards to share this. I also wanted to ask if anyone else has had something crazy like this happn to them.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I got a lucky 3x bomb range up on my sun visor, which already has bomb range as a main. It can definitely happen, but the probability is significantly lower.

On gear with brand assistance, each ability has a 1/16.5 chance of appearing (~1/4500 for 3x), favored abilities are 5/16.5 (~1/36 for 3x), and unfavoured abilities are 0.5/16.5 (~1/36,000 for 3x). Gear that doesn't favourite abilities sets subs at 1/13 each (~1/2,200 for 3x).

Last edited:

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i got, on my 2nd or 3rd roll, three run speed ups on the cool hooded green forge jacket (with run speed up main).

i was expecting to have to compromise by accepting special duration ups after like 20 rolls (since i like the jacket so much that i'd use it regardless). instead, i got essentially my ideal piece of gear for my favorite weapon in barely any rolls.

Crystal C

Inkster Jr.
i got, on my 2nd or 3rd roll, three run speed ups on the cool hooded green forge jacket (with run speed up main).

i was expecting to have to compromise by accepting special duration ups after like 20 rolls (since i like the jacket so much that i'd use it regardless). instead, i got essentially my ideal piece of gear for my favorite weapon in barely any rolls.
Nice dude. :)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
My best roll was probally a Legendary Cap with :ability_damage::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:. I was aiming for :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:, but the extra damage up is almost better for Burst bombs and it pairs nicely with my :clothes_swt001: with :ability_bombrange::ability_damage::ability_bombrange:. (Plus I don't want to spend hours rerolling for one triple.)

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
I got this roll :clothes_shirt006: :ability_inksavermain: | :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: on my second or third attempt, even though the brand favors Special Saver. As said before, it's unlikely but as long as the odds are above 0% it can happen.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'm still trying to get my pilot goggles to have :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:. So far, I've gotten :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: and :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup: (which was so frustrating since it is the EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT I WANTED).

I'm currently at :ability_damage::ability_bombrange::ability_damage:, and I think I'll keep it for now, but eventually I do want that shiny damage up...

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Happened to me after the last Splatfest:
:head_eye000::ability_quickrespawn:-:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
I aimed for :ability_inksavermain:
Ok I guess. :scared:

I also got this during a normal point farming, no rolling.
:head_ncp002::ability_openinggambit:-:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
Wat. Is. This.
Mhh could be useful for Rainmaker.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I got a lucky 3x bomb range up on my sun visor, which already has bomb range as a main. It can definitely happen, but the probability is significantly lower.

On gear with brand assistance, each ability has a 1/16.5 chance of appearing (~1/4500 for 3x), favored abilities are 5/16.5 (~1/36 for 3x), and unfavoured abilities are 0.5/16.5 (~1/36,000 for 3x). Gear that doesn't favourite abilities sets subs at 1/13 each (~1/2,200 for 3x).
OMG I would kill for that O_O

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I once got :clothes_tly007: :ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_inksaversub::ability_damage: while trying to get the on-brand triple, but I ended up re-rolling since I wanted the ink recovery (which I kind of regret now).
I also recently rolled :clothes_swt002::ability_defenseup:|:ability_damage::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup: with my snails after last Splatfest, which was surprising since I wanted the triple damage. I've started running more Defense up overall because of it, which has been working out great.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I want to upgrade all of my gear, so I took a :ability_specialsaver:-Shirt and put a third slot into it: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_unknown:
Practise with Sloshing Mashine Neo (finally getting better aim) and finally:

A gift for easter? :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom