Spawn Trapping

Is Spawn-Trapping an issue in this game?

• Yes

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • No

Votes: 42 89.4%

• Total voters

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
nope. seems pretty fine to me

spawn points have invisible walls other players cant shoot past, if a team honestly can't manage to take them down with an impenetrable force field protecting them i don't think they could win the match anyway. keeping the team stuck in the area near their spawn seems fine to me, too, since they still have territory claimed that they can take advantage of

i can see people getting frustrated about it, but i don't think it's going to be an issue with the game that's going to affect balance or stop people from playing. spawn camping happened more often in tf2 than the 3 hours i got to play of splatoon, and everyone is going to tell you that its fair in that game

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
There's an invisible barrier protecting the spawn point from the enemy, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
It's not a problem. I was told you are invincible as long as you stay on the spawn pad. From there you should be super jumping to a team mate.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Only time I saw it was in the Treehouse Testfire actually, and while it was funny ultimately he pointed out they were wasting time. And I agree. Sure you're keeping someone back, but the other guys are out there without you to interfere and your team is out there without your help.

Even in the most landslide wins (one time we won 69.4% against 19.7%) you have a very hard time taking the area directly around the spawn I've found. And if the fight is that one-sided it's more than a spawn camping issue (hint: it's a they suck issue)

Kelkador

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pushinator
If you can't help but die after you just died, you are probably dying a bunch anyways.

DireYoshi

Inkling
NNID
direyoshi
In order for spawn killing to be viable, you would have to kill all of the teammates, and ensure the area near the enemy spawn stays your color (which can be tough).

Because if even one teammate is alive across the map, everyone else can jump to him, and then you've got 2-3 opponents painting over all your territory unguarded.

I don't think spawn killing will really be an issue.

viewtifulduck82

Inkling
NNID
viewtifulduck82
I dunno about you guys, but this happened very frequently in my games. On walleye warehouse, you can camp the lower section of their spawns on either side and kill them as they're coming down the ramp. you can do this with any weapon you want. I'm sure if there's ever a stage with a high vantage point close enough to the spawns, this will be a severe problem. yeah, the little spawn circle gives you invincibility, but when you step off of it, you're fair game for anyone that's hiding and waiting for you.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Basically on every time I fought on warehouse, I always pushed for a spawn camp. If you can cut off their territory right, then they are forced to deal with your team. And then you won, every time. If you were the ones who got spawn camped, then you would lose every time. Eventually, you will always push the camping team out, but by the time it happens, it is too late. Salt Rigs was more balanced, since it was a bigger map.

In turf war, you really cannot afford to waste time dealing with a spawn camp. This is probably different for the other game modes, but I just feel that warehouse might be too small of a map in general for this game.

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
It is only a problem if your team doesn't know how/isn't prepared to deal with the situation.

Basically if you are with unorganized randoms who couldn't handle themselves in any other situation, the problem is only exacerbated here.

Keep in mind that if the other team is focusing on your spawn, depending on their location, that leaves their spawn wide open.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't think it matters only because if they are wasting time killing you then they aren't covering the map. :P

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
i think super jumping is kinda of a problem since both your team mates and enemies can see where someone is going to land

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Being trapped is an annoyance for sure, but there are ways to escape like super jumping to an ally squid's location.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
My view of spawn camping in Splatoon is my view of it everywhere: If you get spawn camped, you deserve it.

You are at your absolute strongest at your spawn. You have a shield enemies literally can't kill you through. Unless your entire team is rollers with no ability to push out due to lack of ranged firepower, if you can't break a spawn camp, you deserve the resultant loss. And if your entire team was rollers, you have bigger issues than being camped in the first place.

DingDongMcDork

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DingDong
Spawn camping just shouldn't happen in this game. If you are getting spawncamped, you are doing something horribly wrong, and you probably deserve it. And even if you are getting camped, chances are at least one of you team member is out on the field and you can just super jump to him.

Smooth Criminal

Full Squid
Spawn camping is surprisingly ineffective in this game, or at the very least it is in the Turf War variant.

Smooth Criminal

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
Basically on every time I fought on warehouse, I always pushed for a spawn camp. If you can cut off their territory right, then they are forced to deal with your team. And then you won, every time. If you were the ones who got spawn camped, then you would lose every time. Eventually, you will always push the camping team out, but by the time it happens, it is too late. Salt Rigs was more balanced, since it was a bigger map.

In turf war, you really cannot afford to waste time dealing with a spawn camp. This is probably different for the other game modes, but I just feel that warehouse might be too small of a map in general for this game.
Not true at all. Some guys attempted that on me but little did he know that we had a guy on their side. I super jumped to him and we sweeped back towards our Spawn and ended up winning with like 68%

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom