• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spawn Trapping

Is Spawn-Trapping an issue in this game?

• Yes

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • No

Votes: 42 89.4%

• Total voters

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Not true at all. Some guys attempted that on me but little did he know that we had a guy on their side. I super jumped to him and we sweeped back towards our Spawn and ended up winning with like 68%
Then they didn't do it right then. I am just saying that almost all of my matches ended up in spawn trapping in warehouse. Of course it never lasted the whole match, but even then it was effective. However, the other weapons might be able to do a fine job of busting spawn traps though. Walls, blaster, etc.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
During my first game on Walleye Warehouse, my team was doing pretty well, and I'd managed to push past, inking towards the spawn. I saw an enemy respawn and naturally started shooting at him, as I did this I thought "surely this is an easy way to keep them all dead so they can't re-ink?" then I noticed my paint wasn't hitting him because of the forcefield, and I got charge killed. I wasn't even mad. I was just pleased the game accommodated for it, lmao.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
I don't think spawn trapping is really an issue, even on walleye warehouse it's not that bad. Setting up a killer wail in front of the main walkway is pretty funny though.

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
I don't think it'll be an issue. Like the others pointed out, there's an invisible barrier that protects you as long as you stay on the spawn point. Assuming that you aren't using a roller, you should be able to get past whoever is trying to keep you in that zone. And even if you do have a roller, you have a ranged sub-weapon at hand to throw at them. Plus, it's both satisfying to successfully spawn trap the opposing team for a decent amount of time and bust out of a spawn trap to stage a comeback.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Unless you keep the whole team trapped they could be painting all over your territory, so it isn't that useful. A good strategy if your team is getting trapped near the spawn point is to escape and go over enemy territory, they either leave to take care of you and your team regains territory or your teammates superjump to you and you get even more advantage over them.

Tepip

Inkster Jr.
Nope it's never a problem and if your the perpetrator your just wasting your time not even the "victim". I put victim in parethesese because you are protected by a one way shield and you can super jump away.

Lefty

Nice la~
I think it's possible but very difficult to pull off, considering you have to make sure you teamwipe them and quickly rush to their spawn before they respawn, which is like a 6 second respawn including the respawn animation

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Very unlikely, and would probably only happen in matches where the odds were pretty lopsided anyway. I remember calling my teammates a bunch of COD fish for trying to spawn camp while a roller was on the loose behind our lines, and I was stuck fighting 3v1 once his friends superjumped in.

Please don't spawn camp. It just doesn't work.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
You may be invincible but there are other ways to get screwed over when the opposing team spawn camps.
One game my team was being trapped by a holes using Killer wail pointed directly at our spawn point and they would hide , taking turns using it. (This was at the warehouse stage).

Ameise

Inkling
NNID
SandanTrainer
It happened to me only one game in the testfire. But that was because 2 of my teammates left after a few seconds in. So it was just me and another guy trying to fend off 4 Players stalking our spawn with nowhere to jump to.
But with 4 Players of your team active I think this isnt a problem. As others pointed out you would have at least one teammate to superjump out to.
If it happens anyway, its pretty sure because the other team is dominating already.

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
Assuming the whole team isn't being camped, shouldn't you be able to just squid jump out of there anyways??

I don't think it's really much of an issue since there's a huge amount of things to help those being spawn camped, they are given the tools to help fight them off an even flat out avoid them all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom