Spawning thought

Hi_C

Full Squid
I'm not saying spawn traps are impossible to get out of, they are very possible, but to just dismiss them and say "oh it's gonna be easy with gear" is a bit much. Don't forget the team that's sets up the trap could have specials too, and they always have the advantage because they know exactly where the other team is coming from. There's a spawn trap in Black Ops 2 where you can pick people off as they exit their spawn, and even though they know exactly where you'll be, you still have the advantage and will often get 3 or 4 more kills, enough to get a flag in CTF before dying. Sometimes you can even trap them for up to 30 seconds. I'm just pointing out that, by only having one spawn point it makes spawn trapping very easy since no spawn manipulating or predicting is needed. Yes, teams will be able to get out of a spawn trap, of course they will. But in the time the enemy team was able to kill all 4 and then kill 3 or 4 again of respawn, either a lot of hill time or a lot of ground was lost
I feel that it will be actually hard to spawn trap in this game because it takes a considerably longer time to actually net a kill in this game vs CoD where it is like 3-4 shots. If your team is smart enough to realize that there are people spawn trapping, it really only takes two people to actually get a team kills and then they are outnumbered, which will push them back. You can't even really jump to your team out of spawn either since that takes more time and if you die, you can just run out again before the enemy jumps to their teammate. I think that if the other team is really bad and is just being dumb while playing, yeah spawn trapping will probably work. If your team is smart or if you have a squad, you are going to be fine, and probably won't even get into that scenerio.

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
I was spawn trapped in one of the games I played in the demo but we all got out(three of us) of it by jumping to the other teamate on the opponents side of the map and covered up everything they had painted which led to make a comeback and evidently win the game.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I was spawn trapped in one of the games I played in the demo but we all got out(three of us) of it by jumping to the other teamate on the opponents side of the map and covered up everything they had painted which led to make a comeback and evidently win the game.
Then it wasn't a spawn trap.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Can I just say spawn trapping is terrible for this type of game anyway? A major selling point of this game is how easy it is to jump into things. Preventing people from playing the game isn't fun, no matter the competitive value so thats why it doesn't exist.

Nabbit

Inkling
NNID
Nabbitz
You could probably just set up a barrier to stall the team. Even though it could be destroyed it would probably allow for other traps or allow the players to hide near the spawn point and be just outside where the enemy team will have to leave to. Other than spawn trapping this could allow the other team to cover a considerable amount of ground. With unlimited life and being able to jump to your teammate (If he or she has made it out some where) this could make this play seem somewhat useless.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think the spawning is fine. You're safe from spawn-campers, and you can get out if needed. Pretty fair overall I think.

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
I feel that it will be actually hard to spawn trap in this game because it takes a considerably longer time to actually net a kill in this game vs CoD where it is like 3-4 shots. If your team is smart enough to realize that there are people spawn trapping, it really only takes two people to actually get a team kills and then they are outnumbered, which will push them back. You can't even really jump to your team out of spawn either since that takes more time and if you die, you can just run out again before the enemy jumps to their teammate. I think that if the other team is really bad and is just being dumb while playing, yeah spawn trapping will probably work. If your team is smart or if you have a squad, you are going to be fine, and probably won't even get into that scenerio.
The kill times in this game are pretty fast, very similar to CoD and probably even more similar to the infinity ward games and not the treyarch games which generally have slightly longer kill times. A spawn trap won't happen between 2 good teams or 2 evenly matched teams. But with only one spawn point, it makes it much easier to set up a spawn trap, that's all im saying.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
My view on spawncamping, in any game: If you get spawncamped, you deserve it.

You are literally at your absolute strongest at your spawn. You can't even be killed there in Splatoon, as there's an impenetrable barrier protecting you that you can freely shoot out from. Aside from that, your entire team getting bottled up in your spawn basically means you just.. failed on a very fundamental level, as it means every member of your team died in a short period while someone kept you under so much pressure you couldn't leave spawn.

Besides, the game does have tools to prevent this. So long as one ally is in the field, the rest of your team can't be camped. And if your whole team does end up camped at spawn, if someone on your team has been leaving Beacons around the stage, then only the enemies finding and destroying them all could trap you--which is unlikely if they're sitting at your spawn keeping you in there.

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
My view on spawncamping, in any game: If you get spawncamped, you deserve it.

You are literally at your absolute strongest at your spawn. You can't even be killed there in Splatoon, as there's an impenetrable barrier protecting you that you can freely shoot out from. Aside from that, your entire team getting bottled up in your spawn basically means you just.. failed on a very fundamental level, as it means every member of your team died in a short period while someone kept you under so much pressure you couldn't leave spawn.

Besides, the game does have tools to prevent this. So long as one ally is in the field, the rest of your team can't be camped. And if your whole team does end up camped at spawn, if someone on your team has been leaving Beacons around the stage, then only the enemies finding and destroying them all could trap you--which is unlikely if they're sitting at your spawn keeping you in there.
You're absolutely right, getting spawn trapped means that your team was all killed within a short amount of time (or in other shooters at least you have strong map control and at least 2 on spawn) and so yes your team has to have made mistakes to get spawn trapped. But no you aren't at your strongest on respawn (definitely not in other shooters and even in splatoon you aren't). Just because you can't get killed IN your spawn doesn't mean you can't get spawn trapped. The team spawn trapping isn't just going to wait right in front of the spawn. They aren't going to be within range of your team so that the players in their spawn can just shoot them from their shield. Every shooter has tools to get out of a spawn trap, but it doesn't mean its super duper easy and you can write it off.

sniper

Inkling
NNID
sniperpon
I think that's why they let you jump to a team mate when you spawn; you'd have to wipe out the entire opposition team simultaneously to "trap" them at their base.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
You can lock down opponents really well depending on the stage. Warehouse is a great example given its layout. If your team don't over extend and manage to hold positions then you can completely dominant their team. There might be some occasions where a player slips by but usually this is done when there is like a minute left in the game. doing this for 5 straight minutes just tells me the team was hopeless to begin with. It also depends on team weapon kit. for example, 2 rollers 1 sniper and a blaster. you are asking to get rekt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom