Speakers or Headphones? Best sound advantage

Which is better for competitive Splatoon? Speakers or Headphones?

• Speakers

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Headphones

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
D

Deleted Member

Which sound equipment is optimal for playing Splatoon competitively: Speakers or Headphones?

The advantage of headphones are silencing outside noise so you just hear the game sounds. On the other hand, speakers provide you with a higher quality sound and can utilize the surround sound implemented in Splatoon, allowing you to hear which direction sounds are coming from. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
Good headphones will have better quality and clearer directional audio. Speakers are, in most cases, entirely inferior. Of course, such headphones aren't cheap.

I don't think sound matters enough to make a massive difference, but it's a good thing to have on.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
I think it would be easier to hear small sounds with headphones, like the "blip" sound when your sub is ready.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Competitively, headphones win out by a fairly large margin. Since you're focusing on the game the most, being able to hear everything as clear as you can will certainly be a boon at times. Casually, it doesn't really matter. I tend to listen to stuff or talk to friends when I play casually, so I already have a different set of head phones being worn.

At the end of the day though, there's also just some personal preference involved, some people don't like how headphones feel when they wear them.

Power

Inkling Commander
Headphones immerse me into the game play and nothing outside is able to distract me (my over the ear cans block out the sound.) If I need voice chat I just wear smaller headphones and place the big ones over it so I can hear both. It irritates my ear a little bit after a while, but it helps with communication. There is probably some technology which makes this method simple, but w.e

Fireflytanker

Inkling
NNID
Fireflytanker
Headphones, It makes the difference when you hear a faint sounds slowly getting louder and louder which can prevent a potential ambush coming to you or you can set up your own as you will have an idea where the enemy is coming from, even if you cannot see him/her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom