Special Accuracy Tech (and how to execute it on all possible specials)

NNID
LuceroDelAlba17
Switch Friend Code
SW-2720-1463-5731
WARNING: this website probably couldnt handle this many links to hold all the video previews on one post, to see some videos you might need to exist this post into a youtube video.

HELLO
this is a long post.

It´s been around a year since i posted something like this on twitter, but ive' been exploring and testing this for a really long time , where i found out a lot of how specials behave on Splatoon 3.

WHAT IS IT?

The Special Accuracy Reset Tech is a side effect of the logic running in the background where alongside resseting your ink tank back to full, it also resets your accuracy debuffs if theres's one applied (like jumping in the air on this clip for example.)

imagen_2024-01-30_211607685.png

This is executed by using your special while airborn and throwing it as soon as possible to regain control of your main weapon as soon as possible.
Depending on what special you use, you have multiple options and ways it can be used,i´ll be explaining this later downthe line when i getinto what specials are capable and what is possible to do with them.

WHAT SPECIALS CAN BE USED FOR THIS?

I´ll be mentioning what specials are capable of doing this and linking a video into how to perform each one of them.

Splattercolor Screen: YES

Sadly not only is this special harmful and should be only allowed under a Opt in/out format or outright banned, the only two weapons tha thave the special don't really have a use for this at all anyway.

Triple Splashdown : NO

Forces the user back into the ground inmediately, useless.

Super Chump: NO

can only be used on the ground, useless.

Kraken Royale: YES*

It's hard to use, you need to jump as far as you can at the very end of your special and wait for 1 second before you can shoot, by that point it's not really gonna help you but it does the job anyways.

__________ DLC Border _________

Trizooka: YES

Trizooka is the first truly useful form of the tech, you can jump before AND after the last shot and you will have perfect accuracy mid air with splattershot.

Big Bubbler: NO

You8 need to be grounded in order to use a big bubbler, useless.

Zipcaster: I HAVE NO IDEA.

The only way to use the tech on zipcaster is at the very end where you're mid air and your accuracy is wrounded.

The only weapon capable of doing so is the Luna Blaster.

Inkstorm: YES

This is some of the easier ones to use, where like Inkzooka you can choose to jump either before of after throwing the storm.

Booyah Bomb: YES

Do you know how S-BLAST 91 can affect it's firing mode after throwing the booyah bomb depending on if you start the special grounded or jumping? the same logic applies to ALL booyah bomb weapons too.

Wave Breaker:
YES

This one can also choose between jumping before or after throwing.

Ink Vac:
YES

Really hard to perform, the timing is tight but it's perfectly possible. (i almost messed up this clip lmao)

Killer Wail 5.1:
NO

Thank God. This special can't do it outright.

Inkjet:

I'm gonna skip this one, since mechanically it behaves the exact same as Zipcaster, check the Zipcaster explanation instead.

Ultra Stamp:
YES

THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE WHEN JUMPING BEFORE THROWING. this special haves the throwable atribute but it haves a long windup before you can throw, be careful.

Crab Tank:
NO

https://youtu.be/xtU6i5hZQTk

The special endlag nerf made sure in a way this was not possible. useless.

Reefslider:
NO

Check the description of the video for more details.

Triple Inkstrike:
YES

This special is another one that falls into the category of being able to be used both before and after throwing the last strike.

Tacticooler:
YES

Like all specials under this category ive' mentioned, this one can also be used both before and after throwing the Tacticooler Dispenser.

Tenta Missiles is excluded from this list due to inpracticality/ no weapons can truly use this effect if it even exists.

WHY DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?

This works on most ocasions because the special haves the "Throwable" attribute, even if some specials break this rule, this check is only run on specials however, since throwing sub weapons won't affect it.

When a special is used, the game runs one main check, when a special is used, your ink tank will be instantly returned to 100% of it's capacity, however, from making this research, if the check for this atribute succeeds, it will also reset your RNG back to normal.

some specials that are capable are not exactly throwable as the name i gave it implies,if i had to guess, this attributemight be given to projectiles that can be thrown in some way like Inkzooka shots (the only exception to this is Kraken.

Inkjet and Zipcaster are also really weird, the main weapon while using zipcaster is still affected by RNG (Check Luna Blaster as the only example of this.) but on the recall jump and when super jumping in general, it's not possible for your main weapon to be affected by RNG in practice.

THIS THREAD SURE WAS LONG HUH

this thread was the result of over a year of practicing with multiple weapons to analyze every single special in the game to analyze this behavior. however even if i know so much about it i still feel like this is still somewhat incomplete and i want people to help me fully understand why does the game react like this. i will leave this post as a memento for the future, to remind myself about it every now and then and keep looking if it doesn't get too much traction.

that was all from me today, im' tired from typing, GOODBYE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom