Specific Perk Combinations

G

girigiriHERO

This is a strange question, so I couldn't think of how to word the actual thread title.

So here is my theoretical situation.

Assume you have all the gear possible in the game, not taking in to account the neutral gear brands (amiibo, Cuttlegear, Famitsu, KOG, The SQUID GIRL) or Bomb Range Up (seeing as there is no preferred brand for it) what perk combinations would you NOT have if ALL your gear was "perfect". Whether it's main or sub doesn't make a difference, so if Defense Up main and 3x Damage Up sub doesn't exist, but Damage Up main and 3x Defense Up sub does exist, that's fine.

This is just a strange curiousity that has been on my mind, but it seems like figuring this out could take upwards of a few hours so I'm wondering if anyone has already figure this out. Thanks in advance.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
This would need quite the work. Though it's true that some combination are easy to find, others are rare or impossible. For instance, swim speed is rare on hats. Swim/damage is difficult to find (there is a shoe piece though). Ink main and ink recovery are easier, and so on.

But is a list necessary? I mean, when I want to try a build, I just look at the brands on Inkipedia and see if my build is easy, possible, hard, needs USB or something (which means impossible as I'm too lazy for this). But I somehow always find a way, so I guess you still have a lot of choices if you don't want to stack like a madman. Basically, let's say you want a damage/swim/ink recovery build. Just go on the site, click on the three bonuses, the three brands that give this, and with these 6 pages you're done. Or at least that's how I do it when it's needed.

G

girigiriHERO

This would need quite the work. Though it's true that some combination are easy to find, others are rare or impossible. For instance, swim speed is rare on hats. Swim/damage is difficult to find (there is a shoe piece though). Ink main and ink recovery are easier, and so on.

But is a list necessary? I mean, when I want to try a build, I just look at the brands on Inkipedia and see if my build is easy, possible, hard, needs USB or something (which means impossible as I'm too lazy for this). But I somehow always find a way, so I guess you still have a lot of choices if you don't want to stack like a madman. Basically, let's say you want a damage/swim/ink recovery build. Just go on the site, click on the three bonuses, the three brands that give this, and with these 6 pages you're done. Or at least that's how I do it when it's needed.
I wasn't thinking to go as in depth as actual gear placement (head, clothes, shoes). Like I said, it's not really necessary, I was just wondering and I was unsure if anyone had actually though the same thing. Having said that my train of thought isn't always logical.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'm assuming you're not considering exclusives either, since you're never going to have ninja squid with swim speed or ink resistance with quick respawn. Those are pretty easy to see just by looking at a gear list: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Gear

Actually, I think you can cross reference abilities and pieces of gear with this chart:

So, just look at the main ability and see if there is a piece of gear that corresponds to the favored brand and vice versa.

Just briefly going through it, it looks like there is no (non-exclusive) combination that doesn't have at least ONE piece of gear you can use.

G

girigiriHERO

I'm assuming you're not considering exclusives either, since you're never going to have ninja squid with swim speed or ink resistance with quick respawn. Those are pretty easy to see just by looking at a gear list: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Gear

Actually, I think you can cross reference abilities and pieces of gear with this chart:

So, just look at the main ability and see if there is a piece of gear that corresponds to the favored brand and vice versa.

Just briefly going through it, it looks like there is no (non-exclusive) combination that doesn't have at least ONE piece of gear you can use.
wow this is hugely helpful, I might give it a look through tonight.

To answer your question concerning gear specific abilities, I didn't take those in to consideration because I know there aren't 13 different pieces with Comeback for example, so that's impossible.

For the record I actually got a Shrimp Pink Polo with 3x Swim Speed Up back when Ninja Squid was more relevant, I love that shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom