Splash Wall: Analysis and Thoughts

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
I'd like to hear what people think of the Inkwall sub weapon.

I'm not too familiar with it's basic uses, but I can think of a few obvious ones:
-Offensive: block off enemy's line of sight, and shoot him through it.
-Defensive: block off enemy's approach, and escape.
-Trap: block off enemy's escape route, and finish him.

Overall, it seems to be quite versatile, and probably much more so with team communication, but as I said, I'm not too familiar with it. It's main weakness seems to be that in open areas, it may be easily bypassed, but I'm wondering if you can punish an enemy who tries that if you're expecting it.

Also, a potentially hilarious use: since the Inkwall splats anyone who goes through it, does anyone know if you can toss it right on top of someone for an insta-splat?

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler

I'm not too familiar with it's basic uses, but I can think of a few obvious ones:

Overall, it seems to be quite versatile, and probably much more so with team communication, but as I said, I'm not too familiar with it. It's main weakness seems to be that in open areas, it may be easily bypassed, but I'm wondering if you can punish an enemy who tries that if you're expecting it.

Also, a potentially hilarious use: since the Inkwall splats anyone who goes through it, does anyone know if you can toss it right on top of someone for an insta-splat?
The inkwall takes some time to activate once it lands, which pretty much makes trying to get direct splats with impossible unless they're napping
and makes using it in a gunfight a bit risky, since you could get splatted before your protection comes up. You also can't place another until the current
expires, so you have to be careful about where you place it. Still, deployable cover for your team is always nice.

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
Whoops, it turns out the actual name of the sub is Splash Wall. I'm changing the thread title to reflect this.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801

I've been directly splatted from it. I was in a tight 2v2 on Saltspray Rig. It's also good for camping places, in any mode but especially in Splat Zones.

WhiteKnight

Inkling
In regards to splatting people with it, can you place it over an opponents super jump location to kill them once they land? I've never gotten around to trying it.

I also agree that its very clutch in tower control.

WhiteKnight

Inkling
Is this confirmed? Seems like an odd exclusion.
Yeah, it has a preset animation for bouncing out and deploying. I believe if you hold R you won't see a transparent arc the way you would for, say, a splat bomb. It also goes the same distance whether you are looking straight up or straight down. (Which I guess is good?)

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Something fun to note about my favorite sub weapon, it bounces off walls. Oh what's that you say? Everyone already knows this? Well how about the fact that you can use this mechanic to get it onto the tower itself in Tower Control. Riding it into enemy territory on arowana mall? when it dips down above the water, moving along the side/wall of the middle area toss a wall at it and it'll bounce back and set up on the tower itself.

Triggerish tower control giving you trouble due to all the 'over water' map layout and you don't want to have to be a bubbler or kraken? Carry the splash wall! Funny enough triggerfish gives you plenty of walls and ledges to bounce it off of.

Not all maps will give you plenty of chances to do this, but take advantage of any chance you do get to bounce it onto the tower.

When in doubt always toss out the magic splash wall. It bounces and snaps back with finesse.

I've actually gotten more kills with the splash wall by bouncing it off of things than tossing it straight forward. Ofc theres a lot more applications for it, but I suck at writing/explanations so no awesome guides from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom