Splat Bomb Death Delay?

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I've noticed after watching many hours of gameplay that there's a delay between the time a bomb explodes on you and the time you explode. For video proof, watch @ThatSrb2DUDE 's Splat Charger gameplay. Skip to 0:43 to see it happen twice.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

EDIT: I realize I should've asked for permission to use this video, and I apologize. I just wanted an example. Here's a link to the original thread with the video. http://squidboards.com/threads/splatcharger-can-force-opponents-to-stick-to-one-area.1197/

Last edited:

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
A large portion of his kills were from bombs, great gameplay nonetheless

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
lots of delay period in that video. glad to see people using the charger well though.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
lots of delay period in that video. glad to see people using the charger well though.
This video is literally shooting fish in a barrel.

-Lag
-People walking in groups of 2-3 aimlessly
-People walking straight into charger lines and grenades making no effort to avoid them

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
This video is literally shooting fish in a barrel.

-Lag
-People walking in groups of 2-3 aimlessly
-People walking straight into charger lines and grenades making no effort to avoid them
people will do that regardless. esp if you aren't paying attention/can't see the scope line around corners.i fell a victim to that a few times. still he got more kills than his whole team combined.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
people will do that regardless. esp if you aren't paying attention/can't see the scope line around corners.i fell a victim to that a few times. still he got more kills than his whole team combined.

Opposing team had less points than what you get get in 30 seconds.

No one even played the objective.

It's shooting fish in a barrel.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
winning team gets + 300 points. subtract that from the winning team members and they are still relatively close, with that logic.:rolleyes:

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
during the last testfire i had some weird connection issues like this as well. my charger shots weren't connecting until a second later, my splat bombs covered ink a second later, and when i got into a fight with rollers we apparently both killed eachother, even though i fragged them before they could get to me on my end. my guess is that the servers were still experiencing some issues after self destructing during the first hour of the testfire, so ideally this won't happen much once the game is out...

Snacks

Inkling
NNID
Snacks
It is definitely because of latency, this will always happen when you have people from different countries in the same game.

The time a splat bomb explodes until the time an enemy dies is basically 0.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
It is definitely because of latency, this will always happen when you have people from different countries in the same game.

The time a splat bomb explodes until the time an enemy dies is basically 0.
obviously yes, when i was in a game full of japanese players that's when it happened to me, but during the last 3 testfires i don't think many people ran into any issues like this unless you had a subpar internet connection or router. my matches were silky smooth (comparatively) last time, even in a match full of people around the world. it must've been server overload responsible for people's bad connections to matches this time around, which i don't think will be representative of the final game since this is a stress test and nintendo is gauging how much volume they can expect the servers to get on a regular basis.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
aside from the 1st hour of nonsense yesterday, did anyone get dropped from a game or experience the "unable to connect to partners device" message? i didn't the 1st testfire but did the 3rd (missed the 2nd) and nothing on the 4th.

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
The logic that no one played the objective.
The other team was trying to play the objective cause you could constantly see that they where wanted to push to that area except I held them all in their side of the map the entire game. Cause I knew that we had the majority of the map taken care of by looking at the map I didn't feel much need going to the area you highlighted because what that could of caused is the other team too 3 - 4 man push through in to that area thus losing control. This is why you can clearly see that I spent most of the game controlling one area because I intended to prevent the other team from pushing and cause out range them all, it was the smartest thing to pick them off and reclaim the little turf that they took over. (Unless one of the rollers on my team was close by to deal with that).

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
You can see at many times throughout the match that they didn't know what they were doing. You played solidly but there was almost 0 pressure on you the entire match. Snipers can pick off opponents easily in shooter genres without pressure.

1:43 is the most obvious they had no clue what they were doing as they all walked forwards into shots and a grenade. If you recorded this match I hope you upload more matches where the opposite team put up a fight. This really isn't a way good way to gauge how well a charger can do in a turf war match.

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
You can see at many times throughout the match that they didn't know what they were doing. You played solidly but there was almost 0 pressure on you the entire match. Snipers can pick off opponents easily in shooter genres without pressure.

1:43 is the most obvious they had no clue what they were doing as they all walked forwards into shots and a grenade. If you recorded this match I hope you upload more matches where the opposite team put up a fight. This really isn't a way good way to gauge how well a charger can do in a turf war match.
I did get like 5 or 7 other great games with the Splatcharger that I was planning to use for a Splatcharger tips video. I played pretty much the same way shown in this video.

At 1:43 I figured that was just a smartly placed grenade the other team fell for. Now you don't know what the other team could of been thinking, they may of thought that maybe I would of continued using the splatcharger (which most people I've seen used the charger would do) but cause they weren't expecting it they just ran in to it.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I would really like it if you could upload the raws of the other matches you played, both good and bad. We have almost no footage of charger users and from that video you look solid enough that we can get a good idea on the weapons potential.

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
I would really like it if you could upload the raws of the other matches you played, both good and bad. We have almost no footage of charger users and from that video you look solid enough that we can get a good idea on the weapons potential.
Sure thing Ill post the unlisted links of a couple cause I was really going to use em for another video.

EDIT:
@Agosta44

Last edited:

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
I've noticed after watching many hours of gameplay that there's a delay between the time a bomb explodes on you and the time you explode. For video proof, watch @ThatSrb2DUDE 's amazing Splat Charger gameplay. Skip to 0:43 to see it happen twice.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

EDIT: I realize I should've asked for permission to use this video, and I apologize. I just wanted an example. Here's a link to the original thread with the video. http://squidboards.com/threads/splatcharger-can-force-opponents-to-stick-to-one-area.1197/
The fact that this guy is going to the same spots several times in this game and not getting killed once shows how bad that team was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom