• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splat Charger Discussion

Weapon Rating

• Total voters

Vinyl.

Inkster Jr.
Heyo, I want to know what others think about the weapon specifically, so I made this thread to gather up thoughts and any negatives/positives throughout its use. So far, I like it. I haven't used any other weapon in the game, and I have no problem with that as I'll most likely not buy anything but chargers upon release.

Sub-Weapon: Splat Bombs
Special Weapon: Sting Ray

Here's a good example on using this weapon.

Last edited:

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I voted 4, lol.
It feels a lot more mobile now with the charge hold. I play charger mobile anyway so it helped that a lot. and I'm sure many have seen this;

negatives would be the very stationary Stingray and the glow chargers have now. As in things to not get excited about. Peeking is a lot harder since people can obviously see you. The Stingray's use seems more as an assist or denial tool than outright killing, although it is nice for people hiding around corners since you can just go straight through. And a faraway jetpack is very open to it.

makes me wonder if we'll see chargers that have variants of the hold and glow. as in no holding possible, longer hold, smaller glow, larger glow.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I couldn't really get a feel for the splat charger during the demos. I think it's fine, feels a bit more like the squiffer, had trouble with the gyro aim on the pro controller.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mostly have thoughts on the special, stingray, but I'll pop through each part of the kit.

Splat charger, felt fine, although I wasn't feeling the charge hold power was of any use for 80% of my playtime.
It only use is for *very* slight repositioning (you get about 1 to 1.5 seconds, you can recharge another shot and walk in about the same time) It felt good to use vs other chargers, getting the drop on 'em by charging while hidden completely by cover, then popping out for a quick splat,
buuut it just didn't feel like the huge game changer I thought it might be: It's more of a slight mechanical streamline than a whole new well of techniques. But hey, time and testing will tell infinitely better than words. 3/5 still great, but ultimately felt like nothing new

Splat bombs
they're the same. Still great, just nothing new. Eliciting another 3/5

Stingray!
You basically become a really powerful hydra splatling, which has infinite range and can shoot through cover!
It sounds amazing yeah? It is! Except...
-5hits to splat, with the fire rate of a splattershot (roughly) you have to follow your targets pretty dang well.
-movement is about as slow (if not slower than) the hydra
-you can't stop firing until the full duration is over: no squid, no swim = sitting duck
-the closer the enemy is to you, the slower your laser will be able to adjust. Make sure they are far enough away, panic stingrays are just asking to get splatted.

if you position properly(out of harms way) and have good tracking aim, you can hassle anyone on the enemy team, no matter where they are. Pretty strong stuff, a bit of extra wow factor for being "new", but still feeling a little too weak, I don't think I'd get quite as many splats in a ranked match as I did in the testfire. Another 3/5 buff it please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom