Splat Net is in English now

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So it is.

Unfortunately, they used a rather ugly font for the headings. It's not at all like the in-game font!
Woo-oog.png

(Granted, it might just be on my end, but still that's a rather odd and uncomfortable font choice there...)

Still, at least it's more convenient!

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

Awesome. I've been wanting this translation forever.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yes finally! I already got the jist of what everything ment, but it's still nice to see it in a language I understand.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's pretty cool that you can check your stats from there... when did I ink 194201 turf with the Heavy Splatling!? :scared:

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
Sent a support ticket asking for this on Sept. 15 and got a relatively positive response. It works folks. Get those tickets in for spectator mode. (I used the "social responsibility" category lol)

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Very nice! A couple of things I've noticed about the "battle plans" function - first, it doesn't seem to be possible to delete a battle plan (or if it is I can't see how); second, it doesn't seem to properly regionalise the times - it's defaulted to CEST for me, which isn't too far off, but still.
In any case, a great service.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Nice! I was wondering when they were going to translate the site. ^.^ It's nice to see that they've finally gotten around to it~

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Splatnet is awesome now if someone is your 'friend' on nintendo you can see if they're active or not.
Still features missing though.
The numbered ranking in Splatnet has no relation to any in game ranking and doesn't tell you your friends in game rank C- to S+. Like your rank in Splatfest your rank in Splatnet can be a result of bad play, but a lot of it.

Missing features. But a step in the right direction.

It would be so easy for nintendo to throw the results of every match into a text file. From those results us gamers could make a million fun things showing results. Wouldn't take much coding or any bandwidth.

Spectator mode would add to the games bandwidth problems i think.

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
@Helio You can actually check both rank and level, but you have to view your friend's profile by clicking on their icon in the Rankings or your Friend List.

It's nice to see they finally got a translation out, finally a reason to use the scheduler seeing as my peers can actually read it now. lol

The disadvantage is that you can't choose a date for your plan, and times are restricted to 4 PM to 2 AM, which is a bit odd. Also not sure how it interacts with timezones, as @Phobos stated it;
defaulted to CEST
So that's a bit weird. The site doesn't indicate your time zone, or the one it assigns you at any rate, so as I said I'm not entirely sure how that interaction plays out yet.

Regardless, it is a welcome addition, and I hope they take the time to flesh it out a bit more to make it more convenient and user-friendly.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
I'm really hoping for a Spectator Mode. I mean, they already have the ability to wait in a lobby, why not display the game? Sure it would cause lag, but really what is 3-4 people in a public room? I'm sure the Wii U can handle it, MK8 does it very well already.

Reactions: Jet

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Well, it seems the website is down. XD

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Looks like Nintendo mailed users about it on their newsletter and they also tweeted about it.

They seem to be making a pretty big deal about the translated application.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
This would probably be a lot of code (not sure, not a software person), but I wish I could see all of my gear, not just the stuff I have on. Right now I have to take screen shots and access the miiverse to see my gear. Having it on Splat Net would be way more accessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom