• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splat Zone real time scoring

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
While watching many Splatoon gameplay videos, i noticed something in the Turf War game mode, the HUD on the top screen will change depending on who is currently in the lead.

Lets take this match, for example. This screenshot was taken milliseconds before the end of the match. As you can see, the Green Team's squid icons are much larger. Also, the "VS" symbol is leaning towards the purple team's icons indicating that the green team is in fact winning the match. The icon's were fluctuating pretty fast showing us it was going to be a close match, which it turned out to be.

The Green Team won by only 5.5% which would explain the rapid changing in the top HUD. Just a small feature i noticed that could give an insight on the teams current performance. I didn't check if the same thing happens in Ranked Battles, but the scores are already displayed in that mode.

Here is the original match

Last edited:

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
Thats pretty cool I saw the squid getting bigger when you are in the lead in the demo but I didn't know about the Vs icon moving.Nice find

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
Oh wow you're right. that's a really good catch. that will make strats a bit easier. not having to look down at the map/guess the ink spread is great

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Yeah, I noticed this in the testfire. It's a neat detail and definitely makes the game less tedious. :)

Whisp3r

Inkster Jr.
the video you posted isn't splat zones, its turf war. In splat zones the icons do this depending on who is in control of the zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom