Splatana Stamper Appreciation/Discussion Thread :D

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
Making this thread to talk about by far the most awesome and fun weapon that has ever been added in this games history... the Splatana Stamper!

I have been using this weapon since launch and it just clicked with me in a way that no weapon has before, I've played since 2016 back in s1 and throughout all I years I have mained a variety of weapons, but none of ever compared to the sheer enjoyment I get out of playing this weapon.

Seeing the weapons design a little after the first direct was love at first sight, basing it off of a date stamp on top of a CHAINSAW I thought was so cool.

Then I actually used it when s3 released, and it soared my expectations on how a weapon can feel

Melee ohko that's satisfying to hit, being able to combo with itself, and not to mention it's very synergistic vanilla kit of burst bomb and zipcaster (second kit of mist crab is still good!! I just prefer vanilla)

Please spread love and hope that more weapons can feel just as great as stamper :)

S3_Weapon_Main_Splatana_Stamper(2).pngS3_Weapon_Main_Neo_Splatana_Stamper.png

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Legit, I've been looking forward to this thing getting a second kit since the game came out. This weapon is really awesome but Zipcaster is way too difficult for me to wrap my head around using. Fast forward to now, despite needing to take three different breaks since this season's started for finals, a vacation, and then burnout, I've still got 410 wins with Stamper Neo and am rapidly approaching 5 star. No idea why they felt the need to give this thing of all weapons Crab Tank after not giving it to anything new since launch but I am SO happy they did lmao

For both kits, I've never played a weapon that feels so broken to use when everything comes together but so difficult that it feels like the biggest things holding you back are your own flaws as a player. It's just so cool to me

Loctos

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0079-7397-7401
Sword is like the most fun weapon I have ever played in any splatoon game for me personally, especially NSword cause I enjoy the more supportive playstyle it has in comparison to VSword
When it got announced I was hoping it'd get chump cause that special would work perfectly for a supportive Sword kit but I'm not complaining about crab

Not_Here

Inkling
Making this thread to talk about by far the most awesome and fun weapon that has ever been added in this games history... the Splatana Stamper!

I have been using this weapon since launch and it just clicked with me in a way that no weapon has before, I've played since 2016 back in s1 and throughout all I years I have mained a variety of weapons, but none of ever compared to the sheer enjoyment I get out of playing this weapon.

Seeing the weapons design a little after the first direct was love at first sight, basing it off of a date stamp on top of a CHAINSAW I thought was so cool.

Then I actually used it when s3 released, and it soared my expectations on how a weapon can feel

Melee ohko that's satisfying to hit, being able to combo with itself, and not to mention it's very synergistic vanilla kit of burst bomb and zipcaster (second kit of mist crab is still good!! I just prefer vanilla)

Please spread love and hope that more weapons can feel just as great as stamper :)

View attachment 8443View attachment 8444
STAMPER GOOD NEO ALSO FUN

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
Legit, I've been looking forward to this thing getting a second kit since the game came out. This weapon is really awesome but Zipcaster is way too difficult for me to wrap my head around using. Fast forward to now, despite needing to take three different breaks since this season's started for finals, a vacation, and then burnout, I've still got 410 wins with Stamper Neo and am rapidly approaching 5 star. No idea why they felt the need to give this thing of all weapons Crab Tank after not giving it to anything new since launch but I am SO happy they did lmao

For both kits, I've never played a weapon that feels so broken to use when everything comes together but so difficult that it feels like the biggest things holding you back are your own flaws as a player. It's just so cool to me
That's just how well designed weapons are supposed to feel, powerful when you are playing well. Instead of ppl constantly preaching it getting nerfed into the ground, have other weapons with high skill celeings have as much reward as stamper does bc we don't have lots of weapons like that in this game

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
Sword is like the most fun weapon I have ever played in any splatoon game for me personally, especially NSword cause I enjoy the more supportive playstyle it has in comparison to VSword
When it got announced I was hoping it'd get chump cause that special would work perfectly for a supportive Sword kit but I'm not complaining about crab
Potential third kit special maybe? I wouldn't mind chumps for stamper tbh, though I would prefer something like storm for it being a supportive kit maybe :o

Sandblaste

Inkling
Got this today. This is the fastest I've gotten a weapon to 5 stars despite needing to take week-long breaks at three different points the past two months.

View attachment 8816
Based congrats! That's pretty speedy fr considering the wep's only been out like two months :0

Also stamper with crab tank is just filthy since it can paint for it decently and play from further back than other crab weps with the vertical charge slash... I love it <3

Mjmannella

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6515-6020-5729
Stamper Nouveau is honestly really fun to use, wish I had the time to use it in an ideal environment but even then I still love its kit!

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I've been trying Stamper on and off and its so silly and fun but also so hard to play compared to the shooters in my weapon pool...

→Raccoon←

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2294-4760-4812
stamper nouveau is cool because I don't have to think about my sub weapon (even though mist still synergizes well with stamper, I'm just very bad at remembering I have subs)

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i always seem to underestimate the stamper's range as a backliner. like bruh, a freakin' sword shouldn't have the right to hit from that far lol.

so as someone who is mostly on the receiving end of this thing, yeah i can see how fun the stamper can be. i should try it out some time when i get another sheldon license

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom