• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest EU- how is it going?

How is your Splatfest going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buildz

Inkling
NNID
jBuildz17
So, with a Splatfest taking place in Europe right now [as of this post being, well, posted duh], I must ask - how is it going for you?

For me, I've won pretty much all my games, using the Tentatek Splattershot. I pretty much never used my sub weapon - I just had to bunny hop a lot and I got most of my kills.

Lag Chan

Inkster Jr.
Without a doubt the worst experience in multiplayer I've ever had in gaming.
Trying to find a game which isn't a curbstomp battle with teammates that have rocks for brains is hard enough, but of course the maps are Arowana Mall and Moray ********, the worst maps in the game which favour one type of weapon over all others and have nothing but chokepoints to squeeze through.
Honestly, I'm never going to take part in another Splatfest again. This kind of stressful experience isn't worth the minor rewards that I could get, granted given the track record of Callie and Marie's team, South Pole isn't going to win.

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
I fully expect Team South Pole to win 'cause so far, North Pole has been terrible.

(and yes I'm North Pole and salty)

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Actually, it was very balanced for me.
With a good balance of wins and losses for me.
Tho I think I won more than I lost.

I am on Team North and from my viewpoint, we are doing well.
Of course, only the Results will tell for sure.

I am actually looking forward to Splatfest-battles from now on.
Since those seem to be much more balanded, than globel Turf Matches.

Without a doubt the worst experience in multiplayer I've ever had in gaming.
Trying to find a game which isn't a curbstomp battle.
Funny thing ia, I thought this of normal Turf Wars, ever since the Augist update was close and especially after it hit.
And tbh, I still do.
I played several days straight normal Turf Wars and couldn't win. Yes, I DIDN'T WIN A SINGLE TIME!!!

But with Splatfest, it was balanced and a much needed reliever, after all the stress with normal Turfs.

___shan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
illegalcopy
Very mixed for me. I was on South Pole and had long winning streaks and then faces really excellent North teams who I have no doubt would obliterate all but the best of teams.

I started up a new character as well and got paired with a lot of embarrassingly bad players. I think the votes were fairly close and I think Team North will slightly edge us out for the win.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Currently unplayable... This morning, got unstable connection 4 times in a row as I speak.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
So far it's been great for me - consistent 4v4 games, and very few disconnections - easily the best splatfest so far. From my end, Team Penguin have been dominating Team Polar Bear.

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
It's been a bit of a mixed bag on Team Penguin, sometimes the wait has been reasonable and the games have mostly been fairly fun, but towards the end of my last session the queue times became pretty lengthy and I ended up getting paired against my own team a number of times. I guess that means South Pole will likely be winning the popularity contest though.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Team South Pole's been kinda meh so far, I think we lost more matches than we won. Still made it to queen though. Hopefully we'll still win for best girl Marie.

Silentsoul

Inkling
NNID
Silentsoul
One thing I have noticed with the North Pole vs South Pole is that everygame I have played I have not had 1 Japanese player in a single game.
Why is that? Do they lock them out during the splatfests? Will it revert back to normal once splatfest has finished?
Or have I been lucky enough to just get EU players? If so why did I not get just EU players before splatfest started?

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
One thing I have noticed with the North Pole vs South Pole is that everygame I have played I have not had 1 Japanese player in a single game.
Why is that? Do they lock them out during the splatfests? Will it revert back to normal once splatfest has finished?
Or have I been lucky enough to just get EU players? If so why did I not get just EU players before splatfest started?
It's the EU-Splatfest, so the only ones participating are Europeans as long as Splatfest lasts. After that, everything will return to normal.

Back to the topic:
Had a good run for team penguin, had almost no losses on my way to king. Will play more rounds today :D

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Tyrfing said:
Had a good run for team penguin, had almost no losses on my way to king. Will play more rounds today :D
Glad to see we at least have some players who can make up for our losses ;; Good luck!

DeeWee UNub

Full Squid
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
This is my first Splatfest and it has been fun,but tiring.I'm on Team North and got to King/Queen around 11pm yesterday after playing since 6 xD Played a few games earlier to put up some more wins,but now I'm taking a good rest for myself. And with the teams,I think North Pole has the upper hand with the number of players as I've seen a few people in North play against other people of the same team due to not finding any teams from South. However,from what I've seen,the South seems to have a lot of high ranked players,so it could be close.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Penguin Queen! That's one of my life's ambitions fulfilled... But yeah, things continued to run smoothly - every match was 4v4 and always against the right team. My experience was that team penguin very much had the upper hand over team polar bear, but we'll have to see how it works out. Some great games though.

superhiero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
eRonin
I really shouldn't practise new weapons during Splatfest, I think I lost some games for Team Penguin that would have been strong wins had I not been flailing around. I got to Queen in the end, with one disconnection. I got matched against fellow Penguins once. How was for team Polar Bear? Did you guys get matched against fellow teammates a lot? I guess that would be a strong indicator of popularity.

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
Hit North Pole King/Queen not too long ago, and I think the South Pole players might just take it.
There's been moments for me where My team is losing with only 10% of the map covered because we just get pushed back, or nobody knows what they're doing. This is particularly noticeable on Camp Triggerfish. Everybody just seems to get lost.
But if we win, it's not by a huge margin. Though, I did have one phenomenal team last night that I got D/C'd from after a Partner Device issue, one of the players even added me as a friend afterward, so that was cool.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
It all seems really even teams wise. My brother in team South Pole had a few matches with other South Poles earlier, but I had a few matches with fellow North Poles too, so there doesn't seem to be a huge popularity gulf.
Overall, I don't think I did too badly in this splatfest. I feel like I tried my best, and helped my team as much as I can. I also got the chance to make a cool drawing, so can't complain.

DWK

Inkling
NNID
danceswithkoopas
South Pole 256 - North Pole 244

A solid victory overcoming a 48-52 popularity deficit. Victories were the polar opposite (!) with Team South Pole taking that 52-48.

Rounds off a great Splatfest for me. I went South Pole fully expecting to lose but not have to play North v North battles all weekend. I never had one South v Soith contest, all teams were full and we won. Lovely!

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Despite seeing all the south pole votes, I stuck with my gut and went North pole due to semi-obvious reasons... And I was right we had more popularity

But the fact that South Pole was had better players makes me slightly angry. I almost went South Pole based on what I kept seeing the week before.

6 re-rolls I lose out on... I feel responsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom