• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest EU- how is it going?

How is your Splatfest going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darcain

Inkling
I missed splatfest because there was no information WHEN it started, I thought it'd start next week because it said picking teams was no longer possible after 19:00, so I assumed it'd start either right after that OR something like next week.

I MISSED SPLATFEST ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF A LACK OF INFORMATION!

I am unbelievably mad right now.

Kaze

Pro Squid
I missed splatfest because there was no information WHEN it started, I thought it'd start next week because it said picking teams was no longer possible after 19:00, so I assumed it'd start either right after that OR something like next week.

I MISSED SPLATFEST ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF A LACK OF INFORMATION!

I am unbelievably mad right now.
umm... it should be a small text in-game saying the time & date of splatfest on the voting board, checking online was also a option.

I'm sorry that you missed Splatfest :oops:

Darcain

Inkling
umm... it should be a small text in-game saying the time & date of splatfest on the voting board, checking online was also a option.

I'm sorry that you missed Splatfest :oops:
Unfortunately the only time and date I could find in the game was when choosing your TEAMS would no longer be possible, I couldn't find anything about when the splatfest itself was going to happen, which made me assume it would happen after choosing your teams is no longer an option. They REALLY should add a specific time and date for when splat fest happens on the same board where you choose what team you will go with.

Kaze

Pro Squid
Unfortunately the only time and date I could find in the game was when choosing your TEAMS would no longer be possible, I couldn't find anything about when the splatfest itself was going to happen, which made me assume it would happen after choosing your teams is no longer an option. They REALLY should add a specific time and date for when splat fest happens on the same board where you choose what team you will go with.
but it does show the time & date when splatfest start on the voting board so you have to vote before then.
you could also have checked Nintendo of Europe's twitter, they tweeted when the next splatfest would start on august the 1st.
other sources did the same too.

unless I remember wrong...

Darcain

Inkling
but it does show the time & date when splatfest start on the voting board so you have to vote before then.
you could also have checked Nintendo of Europe's twitter, they tweeted when the next splatfest would start on august the 1st.
other sources did the same too.

unless I remember wrong...
I am not exactly a person who cares much for social media, and I don't even look at nintendo's european twitter, nor was aware it even was there, I still think the in-game information was lackluster, I never noticed there being a date and time for when exactly the splatfest would start, only when the voting for teams would end.

Kaze

Pro Squid
I am not exactly a person who cares much for social media, and I don't even look at nintendo's european twitter, nor was aware it even was there, I still think the in-game information was lackluster, I never noticed there being a date and time for when exactly the splatfest would start, only when the voting for teams would end.
well to be fair... the time & date on the voting board kinda blend in, so easy to miss.
I have actually missed it myself, but I have not missed any splatfests so far because I check social media.

it should start when the voting end, unless I'm wrong.

Darcain

Inkling
well to be fair... the time & date on the voting board kinda blend in, so easy to miss.
I have actually missed it myself, but I did not miss the splatfests so far because I check social media.
Exactly, it's easy to miss, and unlike others I am not constantly checking social medias every single day, heck, even me checking them once a month is rare at best. I simply expect the related information to be avalible in the game in a way that is VERY easy to spot, unlike how it was now.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
How can you miss the date? There is no lack of information. Stop blaming the "lack of information". The date is shown on the News as well as on the voting board.

See here:

if you miss it on both of them? Look it up on the internet.
Stop blaming Nintendo/the game/whatever.

Back to the original topic:

Great Splatfest and great win for team South Pole.

GO PENGUINS!

Silentsoul

Inkling
NNID
Silentsoul
This is my first splatfest, and TBH the date and time were very well marked. Started at 8/8 at 18:00 until 9/8 18:00 clear as day.
And the vote board has been there all week to check on.
But yay for South Pole Penguins.

buildz

Inkling
NNID
jBuildz17
Nintendo of Europe and their subsequent country-specific Twitter accounts posted a while back when the Splatfest was going to be.

How did you not know?

Anyway, it's over now. Nice work to everyone who played.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
SOUTH POOOOOOOOOOLE
I'm 3/3 on Splatfests! The grind from Champion to King rank seemed to take a lot longer than I remember for some reason.

the Gay

Inkling
It went so well! A random team sorta formed that kind of stuck together naturally, love it when that happens. =). Southpole won, so I'm not complaining.

Darcain

Inkling
Nintendo of Europe and their subsequent country-specific Twitter accounts posted a while back when the Splatfest was going to be.

How did you not know?

Anyway, it's over now. Nice work to everyone who played.
I don't check twitter over and over and over and over every single day looking for anything interesting among hundreds of rather un-interesting posts, not that I really go onto twitter much in the first place, not everyone uses social media every 10 minutes.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
I don't check twitter over and over and over and over every single day looking for anything interesting among hundreds of rather un-interesting posts, not that I really go onto twitter much in the first place, not everyone uses social media every 10 minutes.
It has been in the game. In the news and on the board. It's your fault you missed it - and only yours. I've stated that before but it seems like you don't want to reply to that.

Stop blaming Nintendo.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Even so, you have like a couple of days to even vote lol.

If you didn't vote the moment you booted the game then that's your own fault.

Darcain

Inkling
Even so, you have like a couple of days to even vote lol.

If you didn't vote the moment you booted the game then that's your own fault.
You misunderstand, I did vote, I simply was not aware that splatfest was going on in Splatoon, thus I had no reason to boot it up after voting until splatfest happened as I do in fact play more than one game.
It has been in the game. In the news and on the board. It's your fault you missed it - and only yours. I've stated that before but it seems like you don't want to reply to that.

Stop blaming Nintendo.
I can't recall seeing any billboards with the date, nor the date not being in easily-forgotten coloured text that very easily blends in with the background, not to mention I also expected there to be something like a little notification popping up on my WiiU of Splatfest having started, why? Because it makes sense to me and it's extremely convenient since when turned off the WiiU gamepad and the console itself will flash blue to indicate there is a new notification.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
@Darcain

It's unfortunate that you've missed the Splatfest. Perhaps you should stay more alert to social media or even ask any one of the other users here if you're interested in participating in another one.

I know how frustrating it can be missing an event or deadline just because you lack the information about it.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
You misunderstand, I did vote, I simply was not aware that splatfest was going on in Splatoon, thus I had no reason to boot it up after voting until splatfest happened as I do in fact play more than one game.
So you didn't play at all during saturday or sunday to even notice.
Okay...

Besides, we all know once a splatfest has come up, it happens during the following weekend. We've had 3 prior fests to recognize this pattern by now and sorry if you didn't notice the time on the billboards, they're pretty clear to be honest.

I don't mean to rip on you, it's just that people should read more often. A lot of people seem to be unreceptive to what's in front of them when it comes to text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom