• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Matchmaking

SplatGod

Inkling
NNID
Whardrum
I am getting a lot of matches where the other team is missing players. The balance seeems off too. We win by 80% or more every match . Is anyone else experiencing this?

Moko_b

Inkling
NNID
GintokiRP
Yeah same here. I was alone one match and then the next match only had two opponents. I was also getting teamed w/ low lvl players (5-10) against teams of lvl. 20. Same for the other team. Most of my matches felt unbalanced. Either we dominated or they did. Not too many close calls.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I am getting a lot of matches where the other team is missing players. The balance seeems off too. We win by 80% or more every match . Is anyone else experiencing this?
It happened to the opposition team once since I started playing. I have had about 29 matches so far in SplatFest - I did have Errors in the Lobby and a few laggy matches but other than that it has been fine for me.

littleangel

Inkling
I have had two of my team mates disappear , leaving me & this other person alone on our team ><!!!! & I have noticed ppl disconnecting on the other team too , I'm not sure why ;;;

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I've had a couple matches where one guy was suddenly gone from our team before the match even started. Needless to say, things went south quickly those times.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
I've been getting a lot of Team Dog assembling quickly, then a long wait, then the other team...of team dogs appears.

It sure is a dog eat dog splatfest!

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Team Cat here. Only had one 3v4 this morning and we still won lol.

Shame that people are having such trouble with the matchmaking, though.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
Out of the 10 something matches I played, about 5 of them were dog vs dog. It was really weird, considering that the colors were changed from red orange vs turquoise to like green vs pink or pink vs cyan.

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
i'm from team cat, and i've had a 4v3 and a 4v2, may those poor dogs rest in peace.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
So wait, if Dog vs. Dog matches exist, will the dogs have an unfair advantage?
I have no idea honestly. I dont think that should be happening. If there's enough on the dog side that they have to be matched with each other then I dont see things going well for cats :/
On topic I did have a match of 4 against three once as well

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
I had absolutely no problem right when Splatfest started. Flawless in every game. But when I started playing when I got on this afternoon, it just started having these issues. A lot of games where one or two players disconnect.

Dream21

Full Squid
No, I'm sure winning teams only get points when it's Cats vs Dogs. It'd be all too unbalanced otherwise.
Quote from update/bug fixes;
  • When there are more members on one team than the other and the match-making process takes too long, members from the same team will be able to battle each other
    • Members will still receive Splatfest Points even when they battle against members of the same team
    • Note: Only the results from matches against the opposing team will be included in the overall Splatfest results

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Ah, my bad. I knew something didn't count in same-team matches but forgot what.

Still, at least we won't have problems on that end, though uneven Cats vs Dogs are still going to be a thing.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
I started playing right at the start of Splatfest and then on for another 6 hours. Matches always came up quick and I only recall maybe 1 match where our team was down 1 player. I do recall a match where the other team was down 1 player from the start (matched up a 4 vs. 3 game) which was unfair and we won that one. It took about 6 hours of non-stop play to hit the max level title. :)
I do wonder what happens when you get splatfest points when already at the max level. ;)
It adds them to your total of something it looks like.

Dream21

Full Squid
Ah, my bad. I knew something didn't count in same-team matches but forgot what.

Still, at least we won't have problems on that end, though uneven Cats vs Dogs are still going to be a thing.
Sorry if I came off as rude, I didn't mean to be! Just thought it'd help to post the quote.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Team Cat here. Only had one 3v4 this morning and we still won lol.

Shame that people are having such trouble with the matchmaking, though.
Same but we lost by 5% even though I went 10/0 another teammate went 0/7 so with the missing teammate it was more a 2 v 4 game. Think we would have won but the other team had 3 inkstrikes they released in the last 15-20 seconds.

I am noticing SO MANY Dog v. Dog matches. Are Team Cat having this issue too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom