Splatfest Matchmaking

littleangel

Inkling
Just had a match with only one person on the opposing team >.< I felt so bad for them ;.;!!!! Also I've been seeing lots of Dog vs Dog matches as well .

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
Here in the EU it seems like things have been fairly even, but then again I have been playing in Team Pop which seems the less popular side to play on.
Experienced a lot of disconnects, had a good couple matches with just 2 players involved, it became pretty brutal. Did scrape out a win on a team of 3 against 4 though!
Team Rock seems more experienced from the amount of losses I've had, switching teams and all. Possibly could be due to an age gap, but I couldn't tell you that for sure.
Maybe my luck shall change when I hop back on in the morning. :p

Howl7

Pro Squid
Team Rock seems more experienced from the amount of losses I've had, switching teams and all. Possibly could be due to an age gap, but I couldn't tell you that for sure.
Maybe my luck shall change when I hop back on in the morning. :p
I reached the Rock max rank pretty easily and like you i noticed that generally the challenging matches were versus other Rock teams, but the strongest team that i met was a Pop team, they were really good players... So is possible that you can find strong teammates in the morning.;)

Phobos

Inkling Commander
My experience was that the rock players seriously outnumber the pop players - during the time it took to get to 'Eternal Rock Girl', I had relatively few matches against a full contingent of pop players, and quite a few matches against other rock players. On the whole the pop teams didn't fare so well, though one or two were really good. However, I had a signifiant number of matches which were 4 v 1, and these weren't cases of people dropping out during the match - the game decided to launch the match like that. Really bad for the poor lone player - I was embarrassed by how aggressively my team tended to go after them; I would have been happy just inking the place up sufficiently to get the win and bonus points, and I'd happily let the lone opponent ink away to get their 400+, but each time my team would force them to spend the entire match on their spawn point - lame. I hope this is flagged with Nintendo, because these matches were daft - no fun at all.

Howl7

Pro Squid
My experience was that the rock players seriously outnumber the pop players - during the time it took to get to 'Eternal Rock Girl', I had relatively few matches against a full contingent of pop players, and quite a few matches against other rock players. On the whole the pop teams didn't fare so well, though one or two were really good. However, I had a signifiant number of matches which were 4 v 1, and these weren't cases of people dropping out during the match - the game decided to launch the match like that. Really bad for the poor lone player - I was embarrassed by how aggressively my team tended to go after them; I would have been happy just inking the place up sufficiently to get the win and bonus points, and I'd happily let the lone opponent ink away to get their 400+, but each time my team would force them to spend the entire match on their spawn point - lame. I hope this is flagged with Nintendo, because these matches were daft - no fun at all.
Yes, i forgot this thing, it happened once and i tried unhappiness and pity for the lonely Pop player, really unfair and obviously not funny, for him and for the others because the game is ruined in this kind of situation...

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Same but we lost by 5% even though I went 10/0 another teammate went 0/7 so with the missing teammate it was more a 2 v 4 game. Think we would have won but the other team had 3 inkstrikes they released in the last 15-20 seconds.

I am noticing SO MANY Dog v. Dog matches. Are Team Cat having this issue too?
Nope. Been flawless this entire time.

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I am sometimes on a team with more people and sometimes on a team with less.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I have had a few games where it was my team missing a layer or two. Sometimes you can even win those. I also had a match where it was just me and some opponents are nice about it. Sometimes they get on the high points and just jump and squid and dance or the roller will follow right be hind you but never kill you. Then there is always that one guy on their team that chases you relentlessly- good thing they had a charger.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
In my ~40 games played I noticed a good bit of Dog vs Dog. Also I only had 4 games with missing players, three 4v3s and a 4v1. Thankfully they were all in my favor.

Vinyl

Inkster Jr.
NNID
VinylArsenic
Switch Friend Code
SW-0597-9315-8401
I feel like during splatfest i'm getting more disconnects than usual....Anyone else?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So far I've played a lot of full Cat vs Dogs matches as Team Cat, and I've been in about 5 different teams

Vinyl

Inkster Jr.
NNID
VinylArsenic
Switch Friend Code
SW-0597-9315-8401
So far I've played a lot of full Cat vs Dogs matches as Team Cat, and I've been in about 5 different teams
Man its the complete opposite for me. like every other match one of my teammates drop and we lose because its 3v4

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
I've been experiencing disconnects the entire day - not me specifically most of the time, though that has happened (I have a wired connection), but other people are just disappearing far more often than what I've seen during normal battles the past few weeks. I have no idea if Splatfests use the same kind of matchmaking as before (afaik one person acts as the "host"), aside from the obviously different team setup, but whatever's going on, it has surprisingly killed my interest in finishing out the night. In retrospect, I somehow have better connections with people in Japan, across the freakin' ocean, than I do with people in my own country, which is completely baffling.

But I do admit I found it slightly amusing (key word being "slightly") to see myself get communication errors in the middle of the results screen, when it doesn't really matter anymore. Those were, perhaps fortunately, the majority of my own personal disconnections, so I didn't directly lose too much standing from that.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But I do admit I found it slightly amusing (key word being "slightly") to see myself get communication errors in the middle of the results screen, when it doesn't really matter anymore. Those were, perhaps fortunately, the majority of my own personal disconnections, so I didn't directly lose too much standing from that.
I also got about 2 1/2 disconnections in the score screen (last one lagged heavilly but it managed to reconnect). At least they still give you points :D

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Had another match where an enemy team member dropped. Though it didnt seem to matter as it seems all the good cat players stopped for the night while the dog player somehow became splatoon gods. Seriously the level of play Im seeing now is completely different from during the day o.o

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
It is nice to be able to play against people in my search country, since laggy kills are very much rare. As for off-balance teams, I encountered more cat teams to be off balanced than dogs. I once faced a lone cat, and I just felt bad for the guy, since all he was able to do was launch seekers, slowly build up his special, and then use it, trying to get a few kills or so to even think about leaving his spawn. I also had it once where my team had one disconnect at some time when the game was loading into the map.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Things seem more balanced now on day two - at least, I'm consistently getting games with 4 rock vs 4 pop players.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
I've noticed a few matchmaking hiccups while playing Splatfest. Thankfully not many disconnects, but the one I remember was when the opposing team went to battle with just two members. The lobby didn't wait for four. They held up pretty well though, despite being at a disadvantage.
Lag has been a bit hit and miss. In general, it's down. But the EU is a big place, and I'm in Australia, so it has been noticeable in a few battles. (Mostly getting lag Krackoned to death.)
Also got a communication error during the results. Luckily it still gave points and more vibe.

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
I actually haven't had as many problems as I expected. A couple of 4v3s but mostly fair matches (a few hiccups with d/cs at the very beginning though)
No Pop vs Pop matches at all. Not surprising, I expected pop to be the less popular choice before I even cast my vote, but I don't mind.

There have been a very few weird matches though, like one that ended up being a 1v1. I was like, 'haha this'll be easy then!' I lost. That was shameful :v

In general my teams seemed better later into the evening - because the kids went to bed, maybe...?? But I also felt my own performance improving as I played more, so there's that too. All in all feels like a pretty even spread of skill between Rock and Pop in my experience.

Also, I've met some of the laggiest rollers ever during this Splatfest. Can't blame the Japanese anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom