Splatfest music change thoughts.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Does anyone else think they should have saved this music for the last hour or so? Maybe last few hours'd be better due to time zones, but I dunno. It feels more fitting for "getting really close to the end". I prefer the original splatfest tune, since final boss music constantly seems a bit weird to have in.. But then again I suppose its just my preference.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I guess I'm mostly worried about getting tired of the music, but I don't play constantly so IDK. I guess it's a nice touch. Eh.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I think they should have made it last the entire Splatfest. It beats having to listen to that same song normal ones get in the first half.

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
On paper, I would agree that it should've just been the entire event, but I'm not against it at all because the music changed right after my morale dropped and I was this close to just not picking up the game ever again.

It pumped a lot of hype into me.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Back during the first splatfest I though that this song was going to be in a Splatfest (I mean, it was in the trailer for the splatfest) and I was disappointed that I never got to hear it. Having it play during the final day of the final splatfest is pretty much one of the best things that could have happened in my opinion :ability_damage:

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I don't mind it I like them both. It would have been cool if for the last splatfest they cycled through all of the levels instead of just 3 of them.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I don't mind it I like them both. It would have been cool if for the last splatfest they cycled through all of the levels instead of just 3 of them.
It would have been nice to see all the stages at night tbh.
Maybe it could have cycled all the Squid Sisters songs though... or at least the fast paced ones.
Callie's solo def. would be kinda cool to fight to. I would have liked to hear Marie's solo but it's kind of slow for the pace of the battles. Maybe they would have found a way to make it work though.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Considering the sound problems multiple people have reported, seems to me like this was a pretty last-minute file switch.

Inuranchan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inuranchan
I'm with LMG. I was also disappointed after seeing the initial trailer and playing the first splatfest.
I was actually playing when the music started and it was the most jarring but equally awesome thing. My team even visibly had a reaction. We started off pretty slow at first, then came the "booyahs".

I wonder if something special might happen towards the end. Dessgeega is probably right tho. Most likely this was a last minute addition. Earlier today I had a nice round of "absolute quiet turf war", until the 1 minutes mark lol.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
Considering the sound problems multiple people have reported, seems to me like this was a pretty last-minute file switch.
What kind of sound problems are we talking about? If it's something like the music just not playing, then, well, I always have QotSA.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I hadn't played at all on Friday, and when I came into the living room lo and behold my favorite Squid Sisters song

It's a great song choice for battle

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
What kind of sound problems are we talking about? If it's something like the music just not playing, then, well, I always have QotSA.
Yeah, at least for me, the track not loading. I can recall at least one match where Calamari Inkantation didn't load but the "1 minute left" track did, as normal. It was interesting but eerie.

I rather like the idea of swapping out the music for the final 24 hours so everyone playing during that window would have a chance to listen to it. I was awake and playing when they switched tracks—thought I was playing with hackers. Wound up switching teams a few times, then it began to dawn on me that "no, this is actually legit."

For a final splatfest it made for good hype music. I was even able to shoot a bamboozler in time to the beat, which somehow made me a bamboozling aimbot for a few matches. o.0

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
No sound problems on my end. Maybe I just got lucky there.

I do like how it matched the atmosphere of the last hours, but I still get the feeling that perhaps it only added to the intensity of it. I don't quite know how to put it, but... there's something about that music playing during the usual "brutal fight for the middle ground followed by a team wipe and spawncamp" that evokes quite a different feel than if it was just Ink Me Up playing during the same scenario.

jakeoti

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wishsong214
I got so hyped when I discovered it, and I was also happy that they did it for the whole final day. I worked that day, so I only got to play more Splatfest matches that morning before work, so I would have missed it if it had only been in the last hours...unless I'd chosen to play matches when I got back, but I was so tired that I didn't want to hurt Team Callie any more than I already had.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Yeah, at least for me, the track not loading. I can recall at least one match where Calamari Inkantation didn't load but the "1 minute left" track did, as normal. It was interesting but eerie.
I think we already talked about this on the main final Splatfest thread about the weird glitch. And how eerie the match was until the final minute. So it must have been a fairly rare occurrence, but it definitely happened to me too.

But I loved that the song was put in. I wish it had been played during the first day, since that was the majority of my Fest playing. Either way, I would not mind if both the splatfest, and Cantation were added to the songs played in normal play. May as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom