Splatfest over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrdellx

Full Squid
I have not seen any news about this but what's the deal with Splatfest? I have some people telling me it's over and others saying we are getting another one soon. It's a bit silly that re rolling cost so much money. Yes, in a world of savescumming it makes things much easier but what if we could not even do that!? With how rare Splatfests are turning up now and how high the cost of re rolling with money. I'm having to put more gear on a wait list. I guess in the end the game makes you grind really hard for money to re roll. Giving you something to do but Is this just a personal problem or are other people waiting on more Splatfest for snails?

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
I can't imagine they'd do away with splatfests. If they did, they would have to release a new way to get sea snails because there is no way the community will be okay with being forced into choosing either paying huge amounts of money for rerolling or savescumming. I would say they could just lower the price of rerolling (and I still think they should) but they won't do that in place of having a method of getting snails. They've already integrated snails into the system. We all have a snail counter. Spyke's character is focused on being the creepy guy who very obviously eats the snails. If they do away with splatfests, they'll come up with a new way to get snails. There's no reason for them to nix a feature of the game that's already so integrated.

But like I said, I highly doubt they'll do away with splatfests. If they don't have to come up with a new snail source, they won't.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
They have already confirmed a while ago that both splatfests and update tweaks will continue for time being. The only thing that has stopped were weapon updates and gear.

Jrdellx

Full Squid
Thanks everyone for the replies :) Not so worry now... Fingers crossed that the next Splatfest is coming soon.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
There are 3 possibilities as to what's going on with Splatfests:

1. Superbowl last week, Valentines Day this week, maybe they wanted to space it so it doesn't land with another major event that will keep people busy.
  2. Last Splatfest was Japan's and the servers went down hard for most of the night as soon as it started. It's possible there's a serious server-side issue they still must resolve before starting another Splatfest.
  3. All the complaints about the predictable results and scoring for NA Splatfests, it's possible, but unlikely they're implementing rule changes for it to try to address the problems.
It's also possible if it's due to #2 or #3, that it requires a client side patch to address, which requires the patch to go through QA at Mario Club before it's approved for general release which would add time as well.

It's very annoying, but I'm not worried that they're not having Splatfests ever again or anything!

Can I get a source on this?
"pdates that add rules, stages, weapons, gear, etc. will have the last batch in January 2016. But after January they still will adjust weapons for balance if needed. Events like Splatfests will also continue to be held for the foreseeable future."
- Hirashi Nogami, Producer Splatoon.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/splatoon-free-content-updates-to-end-in-january-2016-3431551http://www.gamezone.com/news/splatoon-free-content-updates-to-end-in-january-2016-3431551

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
We can confirm Splatfests are still on-going because Nintendo sent out a push notification to 3DS systems today, talking about DLC.

In it, they say, “Splatfests let you pick a side and take part in special day-long ink-blasting events. If your team wins, you get cool in-game rewards!"”

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
We can confirm Splatfests are still on-going because Nintendo sent out a push notification to 3DS systems today, talking about DLC.

In it, they say, “Splatfests let you pick a side and take part in special day-long ink-blasting events. If your team wins, you get cool in-game rewards!"”
Just checked and I got that message too.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Can also confirm I got the notification. As for when they come, we'll just have to wait and see.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
if they announce it for europe as well, we might be getting our first worlwide splatfest.
EDIT: okay initially i thought this would be a conjoined splatfest. like all the regions participating in the same splatfest, but looking at it now, this may not be the case since it's red vs blue here and red vs green in japan. they might happen at the same time, but not together. aw :(, and i was looking forward to fighting some japanese in splatfest. it might still happen though (it's all speculation really)

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
EDIT: okay initially i thought this would be a conjoined splatfest. like all the regions participating in the same splatfest, but looking at it now, this may not be the vase since it's red vs blue here and red vs green in japan. they might happen at the same time, but not together. aw :(, and i was looking forward to fighting some japanese in splatfest. it might still happen though (it's all speculation really)
Yeah, it's just going to be region-locked. Still, more chances for Marie to win in the same theme!

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Whats save-scumming?
Cheating.

Not everyone sees it as cheating, but that's really what it is. It's a method of using the WiiU's ability to back up save data on external storage to revert your game to a previous save state if you don't like your results.

The point of doing this is twofold: Players will "scum ranks" where they keep only their wins and revert to backup to erase their losses, so they climb ranks quickly despite possibly losing more than they win.

The other is "gear scumming" where if you don't like your random slot roll on a gear item, you just keep reverting to the save before the roll until it randomly rolls whatever you wanted it to roll, however unlikely. Most of the tiem when you see people with all their sub slots loaded with the same item, you can bet they scummed for it. Odds would be way to low to do that organically even with buying tons of rerolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom