• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SplatFest Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiranui

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shiranui
For me anyways. Can't say I enjoy losing the vast majority of my games.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
You just gotta leave and join a new lobby. Complaining and saying it sucks won't change anything. Maybe take a break and return you might be having bad luck.

Shiranui

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shiranui
You just gotta leave and join a new lobby. Complaining and saying it sucks won't change anything. Maybe take a break and return you might be having bad luck.
I can honestly say I don't enjoy this game at all because I lose 4 out of 5 matches at least. It's not just tonight. I'm just a born loser I guess. I'll probably be trading it in soon since it honestly just pisses me off.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I can honestly say I don't enjoy this game at all because I lose 4 out of 5 matches at least. It's not just tonight. I'm just a born loser I guess. I'll probably be trading it in soon since it honestly just pisses me off.
Well if you want to trade a good game in because of your losses; that's fine. But you could also be patient with yourself and get better. I have rough days so I just put the game down. They'll always be people better then you, you can learn from them. Also if you are losing that much perhaps you should brush up on your skills.

Shiranui

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shiranui
Sorry if I don't like feeling like a loser every time I play Splatoon. I'm actually somewhere in the middle when it comes to skill, but every time I manage to do good, the rest of my team doesn't.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Do whatever you want, but I would suggest sticking through it and getting better. Often large losing streaks happen right before you get better. You can carry your team, I had a ~90% win rate to max rank. I would suggest using the dual squelcher, ss pro, or tentatek ss, as most people use short range weapons in this mode.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Sorry if I don't like feeling like a loser every time I play Splatoon. I'm actually somewhere in the middle when it comes to skill, but every time I manage to do good, the rest of my team doesn't.
The party update is coming out in August.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
Join the club, happens to all of us. I've played games where our team was all Pro and we win several games in a row, then there are times I play and my team is busy inking each other or goofing around. You just have to roll with it.

To be fair, the best player in the world can't carry an entire team. I've played games where I couldn't stop laughing at the other team doing silly things and sometimes I am blown away by how organized or pro the other team is. I've played games where the other team couldn't even leave the spawn area (those are funny in an unfair way when we win with 93% of the board) and sometimes my own team can't even get out of the spawn area (I have to laugh when those happen too).

Enjoy the game the best way you can and don't let others try and ruin it for you.

Soul Train

Full Squid
NNID
JSXian
I dont know if anyone else felt this, but the discrepancy in skill levels is made really evident in this splatfest. And that's probably what the OP is getting frustrated about.

The splatfest forces everyone to play the same mode together - and doesn't seem to take into account their rank. In most of the matches I played, it was stupid obvious that some players are turf war players, and others are very high ranked.

That's gonna cause a lot of frustration for the former, because it's basically throwing puppies at wolves. One's there to have fun, the other's there to...hah, destroy. Because winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom