Splatfest Tee?

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
I didn't see another thread mentioning this, so I apologize if this has been said already.

However, I actually just saw a Japanese player wearing an item called "Splatfest Tee". I did not think any splatfests had been held yet, unless I missed something? I tried to order it from Spyke but I was not allowed. Had anyone else seen this? I assume Japan must be having a splatfest now, unless they have been out for awhile and I just completely missed something.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
I was hoping that we would get Splatfest gear (much like club penguin gives out special gear during events - haven't been a member since I was 12)

And damn, it's 3 stars? People better take part in SplatFest ~

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
According to the guide, your gear gets replaced with this during the Splatfest, as a way to level the playing field as everyone gets the same preset perks on it (though it only mentioned this Tee, IDK about hat and shoes). It's also supposed to be removed from your inventory when the Splatfest is over.

So yeah, no idea how he could possibly have it. Probably a glitch I guess.

Apparently they just started voting for the first Splatfest in Japan, and as soon as you vote you get your tee. That explains it then.

Last edited:

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Different regions have Splatfest on different dates, Japan is up first.

Apparently they just started voting for the first Splatfest in Japan, and as soon as you vote you get your tee. That explains it then.
If I remember correctly the voting starts 1 week before the event, so their Splatfest should be next weekend.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
I thought they'd make it at least a bit more colourful :/

I guess Booyah Base is closed during the Splatfest? Or the option to change gear is unavailable?

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Looking forward to the Splatfest :3 too bad the EU one is at 27th T_T

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Waitasec, I just realize. If the Splatfests are separated by region, then that means we're finally getting regional matchmaking!

For, like, a day or two.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Every weekend after the next is a different region's splatfest and it will probably continue like that at least early on.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Waitasec, I just realize. If the Splatfests are separated by region, then that means we're finally getting regional matchmaking!

For, like, a day or two.
This and it shows that the feature is actually implemented in the game. So we will probably get it at some point via update.

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
I actually had 4-5 people walking around my plaza wearing that at the time of posting.

I thought the shirts would be more colorful also, and I figured there would be two different shirts, one for each team? I've only seen the one so far.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth

For, like, a day or two.
I personally like to play with people around the world. It makes me feel connected to others. I also barely have connection problems so that's another reason.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
Maybe there is another top for the other team or maybe other regions will have different designs :3

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
I posted about this earlier and thought I was going crazy because I didn't see a single mention of it from anyone else yet ran into several Japanese players all wearing it..

EDIT: the link I posted doesn't take you directly to my post so here ya go instead

Last edited:

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I actually had 4-5 people walking around my plaza wearing that at the time of posting.

I thought the shirts would be more colorful also, and I figured there would be two different shirts, one for each team? I've only seen the one so far.
It might be that we can't see the designs if we're not in their region. People playing the Japanese version have posted pictures of their shirts and it shows the rice or bread on the shirt to them as well as the correct color for the team, but all we see is the generic logo and grey shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom