Splatfest... Why...?

dippsies

Inkling
According to the official US Tumblr, Splatfest is back on!

..... Unfortunately, it's back on the 4th of July....

Personally I am not happy. I know I as well as other people are very busy on that day. Oh well. It is what it is.

What do you guys think of the new date?

Kokonoe

Inkling
NNID
ProfessorKokonoe
This is fine. Will there be money and EXP boosts on Splatfest?

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
I think it's a really weird choice, maybe they just desperately wanted to have it on that weekend?
What I think is interesting is that the EU splatfest is on the same day too.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, this will be interesting. Granted, there won't be as many players in America because it's...well, Independence Day, but considering I don't even have plans for that day this'll suffice for me.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
The EU splatfest is scheduled for the upcoming weekend June 27/28 if I remember correctly, so maybe they postponed the US splatfest that far to not overlap with the european one.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
eeeh... I don't mind I REALLY need those sea urchins .-.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
People are kicking up a fuss about this, but gamers like to kick up a fuss about everything so no surprise there.

Yes, the EU one is on the same day. It was meant to be this weekend, so the 4th of July date means it's been pushed back by the shortest time possible (one week). My guess is that getting the Splatfest happening ASAP was the priority, because people would kick up a fuss if they didn't. Sometimes there's just no winning.

Last edited:

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
Not happy at all with the date. I already have plans for that day.

Luckily, I won't be gone all day. I should be able to participate in Splatfest for a while.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
People are kicking up a fuss about this, but gamers like to kick up a fuss about everything so no surprise there.

Yes, the EU one is on the same day. It was meant to be this weekend, so the 4th of July date means it's been oushed back by the shortest time possible (one week). My guess is that getting the Splatfest happening ASAP was the priority, because people would kick up a fuss if they didn't. Sometimes there's just no winning.
It's for the greater good. Just because it takes places on a holiday in one country doesn't mean it should be postponed for other countries.

Zonderion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zonderion
Disappointed. I've got plans for the 4th. I may be on for like an hour. Why does it only run for 24 hours? Was Japan's splatfest only 24? Or was it the whole weekend?

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
You know, with it being 4th of July in the states, I'd find it amazing of they made the Cat and Dog into patriot or Uncle Sam outfits and made the colors red-orange and blue instead of orange and teal respectively.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Disappointed. I've got plans for the 4th. I may be on for like an hour. Why does it only run for 24 hours? Was Japan's splatfest only 24? Or was it the whole weekend?
Yes Japan had theirs for 24 hours

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
I'm a pasty dude who hasn't seen the sun in several weeks, but even I'm not a big enough degenerate to NOT have plans on July the 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom