Splatfest will be happening on July 4th for both US and EU.

Qosmio

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hutchinsondt1964
Amazing. They first delayed splatfest then they reschedule it on a day most people can't make it. Brilliant, Nintendo...

Hades

Inkling
Eh... poor choice of date on their part in my opinion, they should've done it the Friday before or the Sunday after. It's not just that some people have plans already because they're super patriotic, some people do have to work on holidays. xP But it's all day so it's not so bad.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
I'm glad we've got a new date for the EU Splatfest now. Was kinda worried it would just be ignored, since there was no signup for it yet. It also works out well for me, it it'd been set any later I would have been on holidays. The Pop and Rock shirts look cool too.

D

Deleted Member

So, do you get anything if your team wins or is it all just how many points you score?

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Well, I don't think I'm doing anything that day, and even if I was, it wouldn't last the full day so I would have time to do as many matches I can on that day. I'm not patriotic at all.

Still, pretty bad timing. As that means a lot of people won't be there. Maybe a lot of canadians though.
Oh yah, we'll be there, eh? Canada Day is the Wednesday before, so we get a day off in the middle of week. What's that aboot?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I'm actually wondering ... is 7/4 such a big deal in the US that you can't play a videogame for a few hours on this day? I'm from Germany and I work in Austria, but in neither the National holiday is celebrated in a big way, so it just feels weird to me to see so many people complaining about it.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
I'm actually wondering ... is 7/4 such a big deal in the US that you can't play a videogame for a few hours on this day? I'm from Germany and I work in Austria, but in neither the National holiday is celebrated in a big way, so it just feels weird for me to see so many people complaining about it.
On July 4th it is pretty common for people to go out and hang out with family and friends. I am no exception to this either since several friends of mine are going to be hanging out. For the most part I think most people will be able to play it for a few hours. But because this is the first Splatfest, I think a lot of people want to spend most of the day on it uninterrupted.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I'm actually wondering ... is 7/4 such a big deal in the US that you can't play a videogame for a few hours on this day? I'm from Germany and I work in Austria, but in neither the National holiday is celebrated in a big way, so it just feels weird to me to see so many people complaining about it.
Independence Day isn't an all-day celebration for most, as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom