Splatfest, your luck, and who you chose.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Let's see:
  1. I was part of Team Cats (gotta love them kitties), and overall I had a decent time in the Splatfest (a couple of rage-inducing matches, but nothing serious).
  2. I joined Team Water Slides as I live in a rather hot area, and I might argue it was overall frustrating to play during that Splatfest.
  3. I voted Team Hotdog since I eat them more often than Marshmallows (and I don't go camping), but didn't get to play (but from the win percentage, it could have been a nice Splatfest)
  4. I went with Team Autobots (Optimus ftw) and I had a horrible time, to the point where I just ditched the Splatfest at Champion
  5. I followed Team Art into battle (I just love art) and boy, what a great time I had. The only rage-inducing moment was when I accidentally fell off Bluefin Depot twice in a row while an enemy kept backdooring us with Squid Beacons, but it ended up as a mild annoyance.
...Taking a closer look at how it's been for me, I'm skeptical on whether I should join the next Splatfest >_>

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Dogs: I have three of them. I am also happy of the many way dogs help society compare to cats

Rollercoasters: I cant swim, that it.

Hot dogs: I think that hot dog have more favor compare to mashmallows

Decepticons: they are more cooler than autobots

Art: It's my major.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I've been lucky and won 4, losing only the last one (though I didn't play much in it):
-Dogs: I'm allergic to both actually, so I just went with dogs because they seemed more active.
-Rollercoasters: Much more thrilling and much more variety. There's just more you can do with a roller coaster.
-Marshmallows: We've roasted s'mores at every camping trip, and I've never seen someone roast a hot dog.
- Decepticons: One, I hate being the good guy. Second, I prefer being what I thought would be the minority. Third, the decepticons looked cooler and more awesome.
-Science: Humanities have never really ijnterested me. I'm an Asian, so core academics all the way :P.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I got into Splatfest on the Marshmallow & Hotdog one. I'll chose now, though, coloring my choice in color. Let me know who won by popularity in each, if you want.

Cats VS Dogs: I used to have a cat, but that was when i had a kid and our cats were very distant. They also seem to be quite bitchy. I got a dog a few years ago as a puppy, and love my dog more than life. She helps me immensely with my depression and anxieties.

Rollercoasters VS Water Slides: I gotta say i like Water Slides more than coasters because they hold the uncontrollable nature of water. With coasters, you know you wont be inconvenienced at all.

-where i entered Splatfest-

Marshmallows VS Hot Dogs: I gotta side with the wieners on this one. You can have a lot more wieners than you can Marshmallows. And i HAVE seen wieners being roasted... they just end up tasting horrible.

Autobots VS Decepticons: Why did i pick the bad guys? The bad guys are always cooler. DJ Octavio was cool, admit it.

Art VS Science: Same as you guys likely, except for the fact that i'm not smart enough to be in Science. I also don't hold todays youngest in very high regards and wanted to avoid them. Even if that were not the case, i still would have picked art.

Oh, and every single one of those was frustrating. The last one was easier though and i got King with 2 hours to spare this time...

JazzCaht

Inkling
NNID
Pearl-Knight
I joined team dogs for the first splatfest, and then I took a BIIIG break from splatoon and didn't join any of the other splatfest, At most I'd pop in every couple of weeks to see the new content and go back to WoW (God that game is fun). As of recent though, I've started up splatoon again and I'm ready to support team art. (Not to diss on science, I love you to ;-;)

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Cats vs Dogs: chose cats because they are superior in every way to dogs imo. Cats are just badass so the choice here was without hesitation. Was a little bummed that cats managed to lose this one despite having more wins.

Roller Coasters vs Waterslides: Chose water slides because they aren't as dangerous as roller coasters and don't make me want to vomit afterwards. Was a pretty easy choice as well and lost once again.

Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs: This choice left entirely to the colours each represented. Marshmallows had this ugly orange red colour while the hotdogs had a cool green colour. Yes please. After I lost this one I realized I'm destined to lose every splat fest from now on.

Autobots vs Decepticons: Dude, this one was so cool. My favourite Transformer is Starscream and I have lost every splatfest to date so I chose Autobots in the hopes that Decepticons would win... Unsung victory on my part, but I still have a record that says I lost every splatfest.

Art vs Science: I chose art very passionately in this splatfest, determined that the beauty and grace of art would triumph over the tyrannical rule of science in western society at least in one form. I played harder than I ever have before and managed to help out the team all day making this my most active splatfest. We won and I was super happy about it. I won a splatfest for once and I managed to beat science. Not much tops that :P

natakazam

Inkling
I'm 1-3, (hadn't had splatoon the first two) but I've actually only really played in two splatfests, art/science recently and I played a little for marshmellow/hot dog.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Cats: Always preferred cats over dogs, so this was a no-brainer for me.
Water Slides: Although I like roller coasters too, I have fond memories of going on water slides to cool down during hot summer days.
Hot Dogs: Truthfully, I hate both hot dogs and marshmallows, and hot dogs in particular actually make me nauseous, but at the very least there was a time in my life when I would eat them, whereas I've never liked marshmallows.

Didn't participate in the last two Splatfests, mainly because after the third one I had achieved decent rolls on all the gear I normally used, so there wasn't any reason for me to get more snails, especially since I consider Splatfests to be an inferior Turf War format. If I had taken part though? I have no idea who I would've picked for the Transformers one because I honestly don't care for that series (yes I said it, come at me), but for the next I would've gone Science all the way (if my sig doesn't give that away lol).

Although I lost all three Splatfests I played, I was always going to pick the side that I liked the most, and not the one that seemed more popular with the masses. I stopped taking them that seriously after the first one anyway, especially after finding out the "penalty" for being on the losing side is not that great. I see no reason why I would change that either if I were to play in another one - all I ever do is get to King rank for the snails.

Last edited:

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
4-1

Was a decent run, 100% up till Art vs Science. Can't be too mad, I liked both.

I chose dogs because dogs actually like their owners

Rollor Coasters, because they are more fun

Marshmallows, more nostalgia than anything else, I never roasted hot dogs over fires as a kid, for whatever reason, but I did roast marshmallows

Decepticons, Grimlock is my favorite Transformer, but he's technially a Dinobot, not an Autobot. Aside from him the Decepticons have the cooler characters, Constructicons anyone?

Science, literally no reason. I didn't have a preference, at the time I voted, I saw more science posts in Inkopolis, so I voted for it.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I got into Splatfest on the Marshmallow & Hotdog one. I'll chose now, though, coloring my choice in color. Let me know who won by popularity in each, if you want.

Autobots VS Decepticons: Why did i pick the bad guys? The bad guys are always cooler. DJ Octavio was cool, admit it.

Art VS Science: Same as you guys likely, except for the fact that i'm not smart enough to be in Science. I also don't hold todays youngest in very high regards and wanted to avoid them. Even if that were not the case, i still would have picked art.

Oh, and every single one of those was frustrating. The last one was easier though and i got King with 2 hours to spare this time...
Pst, Art was purple.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Because of vacations I've had to miss the first two Splatfests, after that I've always been on Marie's side ;w; which makes it a 1-2 for me. I'd never betray my precious Marie though >_>

Yuubi

Full Squid
1-4 splatfests

Cats vs Dogs: I am a Dog lover. Always have been, always will be. If out of the two popular pets in the u.s, I would always choose Dogs before I choose Cats. The reason why I decided to go with Cats, My aunt have both animals and the cats are very wild and crazy, lovable... Heh, they could even make a dog lover such as myself become a cat lover.

Waterslidessvs Roller Coaster : I've always been around both water parks and amusement parks during my childhood era. Now that I am older, out of the two of them. I'll rather ride a Roller Coaster than a water slide. Only reason why I've picked waterslide, (even though half my friends said pick roller coaster). Is the fact that I've always had picked waterslides before I hopped on a roller coaster during my childhood, infact I was scared of coasters to be honest here. So that was my decision, I was also one of those ones who thought it was all about popularity.

Marshmallows vs Hotdogs: basically I was ignoring the whole "campfire" theme in this splatfest. I just went with hotdogs! For me, It is more filling for me than putting a Marshmallow in my mouth and scream that it is my dinner. Never roasted neither Hot Dog or Marshmallow, but if I had a choice... It would be a Marshmallow.

Autobots vs Decepticons: After three losses in a row. I just wanted to take a break from splatfest, it is great and all that the loser gets 18 snails (if you're queen/king rank). But it can get underwhelming over time. If it wasn't for the long boring weekend I would have gladly skipped this splatfest. I am not an autobots fan, but I did watch the series every morning on CN 20 minutes before my school bus came. I'm a sucker for good guys, so I picked Autobots. I knew that Decepticons would win though, for some reason, people would rather side up with the bad guys when it comes to good vs evil in games.

Art vs Science : Both of these themes were my favorite subject in school. Art & Science are basically everywhere, one can't live without the other. That's how I see it. Art is probably more known to the common eye while Science, is in the backgrounds or sometimes right in front of us. My hobby is drawing, I self taught myself to become an artist, from years of practice of drawing pikachu , to circle headed dogs and humans, then adapted my way into anime, to back to the "western" artstyle... I'm an art student, learning the ways on how to bring my characters to life. So I knew where I was going with this. My hobby, the talent that shaped me to who I am today had saved me from my losing streak in splatoon. :P

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I've had abysmal luck with regards to Splatfests, as of the 5th one, I've lost every single one. Such a shame since I always do very well personally.

For the record, I live in the US. I was on teams Cat, Waterslide, Hot Dog, Autobots, and Science. The list of losers. :/

KeenSine

Inkling
NNID
Kitepyro
Autobots vs Decepticons: I picked Autobots because I thought that the Autobots were going to be the more popular one.

Art vs Science: I like science more than art. Science was one of my favorite subjects in high school. That is why I pick Team Science.

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
So my score is 1/5. I signed up for all of them, but I wasn't able to actually play in Roller Coasters vs Waterslides and Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs. Only counting the ones I've played in, I've been on the winning side 1/3 times.

Cats vs Dogs:
I chose cats. I love cats and dogs, but I think I love cats just a tiny bit more. Even though I don't have any pets. (Allergies!)

Roller Coasters vs Waterslides: I chose waterslides, mostly because I've only been on one roller coaster in my life. But I don't really like either that much.

Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs: I actually like raw marshmallows better than cooked ones (unless they are only slightly browned.) On the other hand, I don't really like regular hot dogs that much, but I like them a lot when they're cooked on a stick. So because it was specifically for campfires, I chose hot dogs, but away from the campfire I'd prefer marshmallows. (Now I'm rambling)

Autobots vs Decepticons: I never watched the show, so I blindly chose Autobots. It was pretty much only because I know more of them. :P

Art vs Science: This one was definitely the hardest one for me to choose. I think that science is fascinating and I love learning about scientific concepts and principles. On the other hand, art is my passion, and I do it almost every day. But in the end, I chose art.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Cats vs Dogs: Was thinking cats since I like them but I was a dog owner first and I still remember my favorite rottweiler back when I was a kid.

Roller Coasters vs Waterslides: Undecided but I would've picked Roller Coasters. Waterslides sounds nice and cozy but I think I miss the thrill and excitement when I was a kid with roller coasters.

Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs: Undecided but I would've went with hotdogs. They would make me fill full for a snack anyways and just take a little bit of time to prepare.

Autobots
vs Decepticons: I guess I'm a sucker for Optimus Prime's VA, but I knew that would screw me over since I know Decepticons are a much larger beast. First time to Champion though.

Art vs Science: Was pretty conflicted here so I related with what actually has a higher chance of a job later down in life. You can always be an artist if you're good with computers but I guess creative should've been an indicator with this match-up.

But yeah one win, two losses, and two undecided. I guess the next one I'll pick will look obvious but will jinx me to a losing vote.

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Cats vs Dogs: Cats, I just find them way cuter and own neko ears for cosplay.

Roller Coasters vs Water Slides: I am slightly scared to ride on roller coasters, so I went with the option I love to go to when in water parks.

Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs: Marshmallows because of my sweet tooth. I'd make smores and they are delicious! Especially with Nutella in replacement for chocolate.

Autobots vs Decepticons: Decepticons. Sure I love Bumblebee and Optimus's VA is pretty awesome, but I love the designs for the Decepticons. In the Animated versions to be particular.

Art vs Science: I do like to draw, but because of shows like Futurama & Rick and Morty, I had to pick Science. It was cool to see more R&M fans in Splatoon. Wubalubadubdub!

Two wins and three losses, I hope that Team Plane could help even my scores.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I've had abysmal luck with regards to Splatfests, as of the 5th one, I've lost every single one. Such a shame since I always do very well personally.

For the record, I live in the US. I was on teams Cat, Waterslide, Hot Dog, Autobots, and Science. The list of losers. :/
Dude... Not even I have that bad of a record. I lost them all up until Art won. I was genuinely surprised :P

PrincessCallie

Inkling
Lost with Team Pop
Won with Team Eat
Lost with Team North Pole
Won with team Sing
Won with Team Messy

So 3/2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom