SplatNet To Replace Squidboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLUTZNCUTZ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Klutzncutz
Gonna put this out there that there is a possible official nintendo competitor to Squidboards called Splatnet. Which Links to your nintendo network ID and your twitter. As of now it is quite a bit limited but seeing as Nintendo has been trying to promote splatoon as competitive E-sports.

It's Current features include
1. Friend List
This links to your NNID to show you when your friends are playing and even has an option to tweet out when you will be playing. Further testing is required to see it's full practicality.
2. Rank
Ranks you and your friends in order based on wins for ranked mode and turf war weekly Also allows you to look at your friends equipment in detail and shows which weapon they use the most
3. Equipment
Shows what equipment you've been using.
4. Stages
Displays what stages are being played now and the future rotations.

Current thoughts: As of now this is quite limited however the ability to scan the nnid to see if people in your friends list are playing is really interesting. Ideally I think we squidboards should be trying have nintendo help us get us the NNID integration to the website Especially if they want to promote splatoon as a competitive game. As of now it will not replace squidboards but if it gets more features it maybe a better option than squidboards.

The link to the site is
https://splatoon.nintendo.net

Edit: This Post Does have a click bait title to get discussion going nothing more.

Last edited:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Frankly I don't have the slightest clue as to what you're even going on about. There's a huge difference between a social forum and a stat checker.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
lol no, you can't even post on there, only look at stats.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
not really. I hear the scheduling tool limits the times/time zone, and it's been down for most of the day, so it isn't as reliable as an sb post. It's nice to play voyeur and see your friends' turf covered, last load out and what they were able to roll off spyke, but it seems like just a nice place to see map rotations so far.

edit: think the score boards at laser tag places.

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
They're both different websites. One is a fansite while the other is just a way to check on friends and see what maps are in rotation.

Caramiella

Inkling
NNID
CaramelSundae
Seems like a nifty little website/app to me, nothing more, nothing less.
I've only been on here for a day, but I doubt SplatNet will overtake this forum.

KLUTZNCUTZ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Klutzncutz
Preferably it would be nice if we as community got access to the tools that website has. So best case scenario is we take it over. Pipedreams I know

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
We definitely don't want to make it seem like we're in some sort of competition with any other site pertaining to Splatoon or related activities. Personally I've always seen Squidboards as supplementary to the Splatoon experience - a place to congregate around discussion about the game. Likewise, other sites for Splatoon and its community also serve various functions and purposes, some similar some different. It's up to you whether or not you want to use them all in conjunction with one another.

In this particular case, it's obvious that Squidboards and SplatNet provide different services and have different intentions. And even if they didn't, there's no reason why there needs to be any issue in which of the two, or both, or none, that you use. Where you want to spend your time is up to you!

Now with that said, I think it's pretty clear to most that there isn't really much of a genuine discussion to be had here, so I'm going to lock this.

SplatNet is a really cool site, so definitely check it out. Then let us know what you think. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom