• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon $1M Tourney Series Launched in Japan, or; We Esports Now

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings

The tournament will also be for Puzzle and Dragons, and will have over $ 1 million in prize money. Eight cities will hold 40 events, in Fukuoka, Sapporo, Nagoya, Osaka, Miyagi, Hiroshima, Kagawa, and Tokyo. It all culminates in the grand finals to be held on January 30 and 31 in 2016.

The tournament series is being hosted by Kadokawa and Toukaigi / Nicovideo parent company Dwango, and starts September 13 in Fukuoka. No word for now if Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Europe is planning to double down in a similar way, but fansite Squidboards just wrapped up their first tournament and are launching their second one soon, simply named Messfest.
Article references our very own IoS: Messfest, as well.

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds, and if they plan on officially implementing a spectator mode.

What kinda strategies will we see? Weapon usage, map choices. . .I'm excited!

Source: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...-japan-as-us-receives-transformers-splatfest/

DeeWee UNub

Full Squid
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
I'm really excited about this. I hope it goes well and eventually will spread to the rest of the world.I'll definitely be keeping up with this to see how it progresses.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Holy moley, we esports now for sure. Thanks Nintendo for supporting the game like this!

I'm gonna be in Japan during that time, so I'll definitely try to make it to one of these events.
Edit: Looks like you can only sign up as a participating team for now, I can't see any way to get spectator tickets.

Last edited:

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
but fansite Squidboards just wrapped up their first tournament
We wish...

This is really exciting, can't wait to see if this comes to NA or not. If it does, lets hope it doesn't use 4v4 turf war as the only mode.

Last edited:

DeltaFixer

Full Squid
NNID
RCDelta
Oh my gosh! I'm so happy to see this. WE ESPORTS NAO.

More seriously, I'm incredibly excited about this. Here's hoping it goes well in Japan and NoA does something similar here with lots of events.

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
they need to live stream it. (which will unfortunately probably be on NicoNico :()

Wish this was team based though. and didnt use turf war.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I didn't expect this happen so fast. I can't wait for more events. :D

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Is the 1 mil shared between Puzzle and Dragons as well as Splatoon, or just Splatoon? Also, is it 1 mil in prize money thay is shared throughout all prizes, or is that just for the people who placed 1st?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom