• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2.8.0 Update Landing On June 7th.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Squid Research Lab PSA: In case you missed it, we’re happy to announce that the upcoming 2.8.0 update, arriving the evening of June 7, will include 9 new weapon combos known as Sheldon’s Picks Vol.2. This update will also include some weapon balance adjustments, along with bug fixes.

Please note that due to the update, server maintenance is scheduled to occur from 5:50 PM – 7 PM PT on Tue, June 7th

Special Weapon Depletion changes

Luna Blaster (vanilla) - Going from Middle Special Depletion to Light Special Depletion

Zink Mini Splatling - Going from Medium Special Depletion to Heavy Special Depletion

Refurbished Mini Splatling - Going from Medium Special Depletion to Light Special Depletion

Main Weapon changes

Aerospray MG/RG - Reduced shot spread/variance when jumping. Matches when not jumping.

Rapid Blaster/Deco - 12% increase to running speed when firing.

Rapid Blaster Pro/Deco - 15% increase to running speed when firing. Reduced shot variance while jumping by 50%

L-3 Nozzlenose/D - increased damage of something by 20%. Maybe fall drops? Or overall damage. Increased damage on Rainmaker shield by 20%

H-3 Nozzlenose/D - increased damage of something by 40%. Possible burst fire damage of the individual shots. Increased damage on Rainmaker shield by 40%

Sloshing Machine/Neo - Increased run speed while firing by 11%

Inkbrushes and Octobrushes - change in ground ink pattern made by flinging rapidly? I'm having a hard time understanding. Ink can now land under feet while flicking.

Sub-weapon changes

Ink Mine - The Ink Mine reduces the distance when you move backwards when setting one up.

Ability changes

Stealth Jump - While equipped and super jumping, you can no longer attack until you have fully landed.

These are not my translations and may not be 100% accurate but it looks pretty close.

Last edited:

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I updated with a more informational post about the Japanese Patch Notes.

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
i was hoping the tri-slosher would get changed to a light special depletion, that little increase after 2.7 killed me a lot, but i've learned to work with it since. the tri-slosher doesn't see a lot of action in the high ranks so it could've used that little buff. whereas the vanilla luna buff baffles me, but i'll take it. and so will the million other people who play luna on tower control.

and finally, flicking brushes inks our feet! i understand logistically why it didn't before, but in the game it kind of sucked.

the h-3 needs more of a buff than just damage to the rainmaker's shield. but that weapon is so broken that i wonder if it's able to be buffed out of obscurity at all.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I was hoping they would actually buff the H-3! It does 40% more damage! Oh boy! I know that they wouldn't make it a 2HKO, so that is worthless and if it is a 2HKO then everybody is going to start using it, so it really sucks in my opinion.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
The Ink Mine reduces the distance when you move backwards when setting one up.

I'm not sure how that benefits but okay.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
How is that Aerospray change a buff?
On shooter weapons when jumping and firing the bullet spread is increased and thus weapons are less accurate while jumping. The Aerospray will now be able to jump and shoot without any loss in accuracy so whether they are jumping while in someone's face or not jumping it'll have the same accuracy.

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
If you stack damage up on h3-Nozzlenose could it possibly be a 2HKO? Same with L3, could it be a 3HKO? Because then now I know what imma have to use for my Nozzlenose gear

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
If you stack damage up on h3-Nozzlenose could it possibly be a 2HKO? Same with L3, could it be a 3HKO? Because then now I know what imma have to use for my Nozzlenose gear
the damage increase is only for the rainmaker shield so you'll still splat people with the same number of shots as before.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
On shooter weapons when jumping and firing the bullet spread is increased and thus weapons are less accurate while jumping. The Aerospray will now be able to jump and shoot without any loss in accuracy so whether they are jumping while in someone's face or not jumping it'll have the same accuracy.
Oh.
THEN LOOK OUT FOR ME

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah, they actually bothered to nerf the Zink Mini. It's not the change I had in mind, but I can live with it. It's a shame they didn't really touch much else though. In my mind, this means that either there's another patch coming further along the road, or the dev team's beginning to wrap things up.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
No Turf War matchmaking improvements, I see.

Said matchmaking being the only thing about the game that really bothers me a lot...I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Buff to the regular Luna is probably to get some folks to jump back to it from the Neo, since the regular Luna is well suited for Tower Control...and not much else and the Neo is a Noob Tube in every mode

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
If this is all the changes they are going to make, then they really ****ed up this time, because there are SO many ways the H-3 and sloshing machine could get buffed, but they decide to make the SM run faster and the H-3 hit the rainmaker. This might just be the most worthless update yet, aside from the new weapons coming out. If the new H-3 does not get burst bombs, then it will stay one of the most underused weapons in the game. Forever.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
I think that they should lower the dynamos special depletion to normal. I think this because in high level I always see the dynamos get rekt.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
That's actually not the buff. The buff is that the player moves backwards less when placing ink mines. Yeah, so it's along the same "buff" as the H-3 and sloshing machine.

@CM2 you should probably edit that in your official post btw.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
ink will finally land at your feet with the Octobrush? thank squesus oh my lord

i always hated having to run ink resistance up with the octobrush, but getting stuck is a big problem with it. if that solves that, i'll be one happy camper.
like another poster said, it makes sense logistically, but it's the absolute worst in-game, haha.

kinda sad about the stealth jump nerf, but i suppose it's only fair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom