• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Advanced Tech thread

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So this was a theory I had for a while and finally figured out how it works

What is the Sab3r slide?
This is a duelies specific tech, momentum shifting (aka Sab3r sljde) is accomplished
by performing a splatterdash and at the peak pressing b and the fire button when choosing a new direction. When done correctly you can change direction midair while increasing the distance covered by the inkling

How is this useful?
-For one it leaves you with a second dodge roll to get out of danger keeping mobility

** It give you aerial mobility: In any Splatoon game mobility in the air is limited, using this tech however you can instantly change direction midair due to the fastfall (just be careful where you land)

-Second due to the dodge rolls fast fall there is no way to predict which direction they will land making it great for mixups with Rajin stepping.

-Lastly you can burst canceling into a slide from ledge to quickly splat chargers and other enemies from above.

Warnings
- Make sure to press b only once, or else you will be stuck (it is pretty hard at 1st)

- Be aware, if not cautious you could end up rolling into another enemy

Input: splatterdash, then at peak press at and b at the same time and change direction
If having trouble,or in enemies face you can hold zr and press b as well.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Is this the thread we're using about techs or was that the other one you made. I'd like to add this one to the list. Haven't checked twitter yet to see if someone had a clip of them doing it because, well, spoilers abound in the Splatoon tags!

(Unscoped) Charger Dodge Roll. Ain't got no swanky, fancy name for it. =p

Haven't leveled up enough for a scoped, but I doubt they can perform this.

Get a full charge and just tap swim/ZL in whatever direction you want to perform a small dodge roll instead of diving into ink. It moves you about the space of one body. And you quickly recover with a full charge with your aim kept where it was or free to move it elsewhere.

I'll have to edit this post later when I have more time to write a longer/better post.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Is this the thread we're using about techs or was that the other one you made. I'd like to add this one to the list. Haven't checked twitter yet to see if someone had a clip of them doing it because, well, spoilers abound in the Splatoon tags!

(Unscoped) Charger Dodge Roll. Ain't got no swanky, fancy name for it. =p

Haven't leveled up enough for a scoped, but I doubt they can perform this.

Get a full charge and just tap swim/ZL in whatever direction you want to perform a small dodge roll instead of diving into ink. It moves you about the space of one body. And you quickly recover with a full charge with your aim kept where it was or free to move it elsewhere.

I'll have to edit this post later when I have more time to write a longer/better post.
Yes this will be the thread to discuss advanced techs.
Also really like the idea of the charger dodge roll, seems like it can be really useful. I will definitely have to try that out when I unlock the squiffer.

Edit I will probably change the name of the thread to prevent confusion

Kiran

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1606-6682-6019
So this was a theory I had for a while and finally figured out how it works

What is the Sab3r slide?
This is a duelies specific tech, momentum shifting (aka Sab3r sljde) is accomplished
by performing a splatterdash and at the peak pressing b and the fire button when choosing a new direction. When done correctly you can change direction midair while increasing the distance covered by the inkling

How is this useful?
-For one it leaves you with a second dodge roll to get out of danger keeping mobility

** It give you aerial mobility: In any Splatoon game mobility in the air is limited, using this tech however you can instantly change direction midair due to the fastfall (just be careful where you land)

-Second due to the dodge rolls fast fall there is no way to predict which direction they will land making it great for mixups with Rajin stepping.

-Lastly you can burst canceling into a slide from ledge to quickly splat chargers and other enemies from above.

Warnings
- Make sure to press b only once, or else you will be stuck (it is pretty hard at 1st)

- Be aware, if not cautious you could end up rolling into another enemy

Input: splatterdash, then at peak press at and b at the same time and change direction
If having trouble,or in enemies face you can hold zr and press b as well.

Thats a pretty nice tech, as im new to this site i dont know how to post my self :p but with dualie squelchers if you roll and keep moving your movement stick there wont be any lag after the roll you can keep moving

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom