• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Inkvation (FanFiction / Speculation)

Nikoamii

Inkling
NNID
starduelerniko
Hey Guys!!! This is my first post here so I wanted to make it a fun one. So today I saw a very interesting post on a site called fantendo, and it inspired me to make a video talking about splatoon 2 and all the cool stuff that is coming in it!!

If you are hyped for splatoon 2 and want to hear some amazing ideas for it, check the video out and discuss below, it won't dissapoint!!

(btw im not doing this for self promotion, i genuinely want to see your thoughts towards splatoon 2!!!)

Have a squidtastic day!!

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Here's my thoughts since no one else has left any here.
  1. There's a reason color combos are static. In a game based around marking your territory with your own ink, color combos have to work so that you can distinguish your team's ink from your opponents without having to strain your eyes too hard. Therefore the color spinner is an abysmal idea.
  2. Inklings are heavily stated to not be compatible with water since their entire body is composed of ink. Therefore, Splatlantis makes no sense, even if the Octarians are invading.
  3. There's no point to a house if it doesn't have any substantial gameplay features. And how would shopkeepers know your "pad" is all that great?
  4. There's a reason WEAPON SETS are static. Some sub and special weapons synergize TOO well (most notably, disruptor with either inkzooka or kraken), and they play an important part in how you play a weapon. You can't play an N-ZAP 85' like an N-ZAP 89' because one has a set made to play like an offensive assistance weapon and the other as a turf covering focused set, you can't play an E-Liter 3k like a Custom E-liter 3k because one can more readily deal with foes at close range than the other, but it's much more mobile with Squid Beakons. If you can't roll with that then git gud.
  5. While I do feel Splatoon has some very good touches of realism most players won't spot, something like needing to buy film for a camera to take pictures sounds stupid. There's already a mechanic that functions like that. It's called storage space.
  6. And while we're at it, because you're playing against a bunch of strangers, you can't pause the game or orient the camera in such a way to get a cool action shot. Maybe a replay function could allow you to achieve this.
  7. I'm okay with another method to achieve sea snails. If nintendo wants to keep their gambling system in place, they should at least make their cheapest method more readily available.
  8. Statue Splat is just turf war, but even more broken. While one team does get a benefit in ranked modes, its the LOSING TEAM that gets them and the benefit is slight.
  9. Gravitational Turf war using existing maps sounds wrong. Almost all the stages in Splatoon are places that have use outside of Turf War, hence the rotation system
  10. Why does the campaign need modes?
  11. Spray cans aren't a good weapon for splatoon. They shoot particles, not projectiles. If you want to play something that's low damage and range, but quick killing close up, just pick up an Aerospray or a Splattershot Jr.
  12. If you want to play a weapon with a projectile that fires in an arc and requires precision aiming, pick up a Sloshing Machine.
  13. An umbrella, what?
While a few of the ideas on that page sounded cool, it's a shame that even with that little information posted, I still didn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom