• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 is a bit unfair...

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
*Originally posted on /r/Splatoon (thought I should probably post it here too)*

A little experience I had earlier today...

I was in queue for a Tower Control match in Ranked Battle. Only problem is that once the battle animation loaded the players up, there was only 1 player on my team (me) and 1 player on the other team.

We battled, blah, blah, blah, and then he beat me and got a knockout, bringing the Tower to my side.

Results time, I was interested to see what would happen since it was a 1v1, and... I get a crack in my meter. Why would that match count but others in the past don't? I don't think a 1v1 in Ranked Battle should penalize you at all.

I also don't know what happened with the other players. Maybe connection issues or deliberately disconnecting? Maybe some other thing, I don't know. (But they didn't appear/disappear in the opening animation of the battle)

I personally think Nintendo should somehow either make it so 1v1s in Ranked Battles can't happen at all, or will completely unaffect you.

Proof:

Last edited:

SlyBlue

Inkling
I had a match earlier that was 3v4 and the defeat didn't count against me which was great! I guess this one counted because it was technically an even match? I'm not sure. Kind of silly either way.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I had a match earlier that was 3v4 and the defeat didn't count against me which was great! I guess this one counted because it was technically an even match? I'm not sure. Kind of silly either way.
Same thing happened to me as well, it was a 3v4 and after the match ended I got the same message as you with the lose not being counted against me.

Not sure what happened to the OP.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Same thing happened to me as well, it was a 3v4 and after the match ended I got the same message as you with the lose not being counted against me.

Not sure what happened to the OP.
I got that same message in the past, but not for this specific match (sadly).

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The same reason this is applied in Overwatch. If it wasn't it would be easily abused. In solo ranked it isn't an enormous deal, but especially in League if you had someone leave and it nullified the game, you'd be able to abuse the heck out of it. It's unfortunate losing points or receiving that crack, but it's a necessary evil.

And are you guys sure it didn't count against you? Depending on how well you were doing prior, it may not necessarily leave a crack. I had a game, 4v4 where despite losing, I lost no points and didn't receive the crack until my next loss later down the line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom