• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Local Communities: UPDATE 2 - Local finder Discord server now available!

~Athena~

Inkling
Being in New Jersey myself, Toms River is quite a drive for me, but I'd be somewhat willing to drive there with some friends for some local tournaments. I am in upper Jersey (Bergen County) and I don't have many tournaments other than the occasional ones at a Gamers Paradise near me for Smash Bros and other games. I'd love to see some Jersey gamers step up and maybe host a tournament at a local place.
There's a ton of smash tourneys along the shore, from what I understand, especially in Monmouth and Ocean Country. You should definitely check out the OcS Smash page. There's even a puzzle game community in Ocean County. I just hope Splatoon catches on ;-;

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
There's even a puzzle game community in Ocean County.
That wonderfully sounds magical~!ヾ(o✪‿✪o)シ

Guess I could try to keep tabs on social media if there are any Splatoon meetups nwarby.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Well if anyone needs some help in the Toronto area(Canada) getting A LAN event going I'd be happy to help.
Happy Independents Day

Empress333

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6089-4154-4225
EDIT 2: There is now a Discord server for connecting people for Splatoon locals (not run by me). Anyone from any region can join, and it's pretty popular. Please check it out!

https://discord.io/splatlocals

EDIT: I've created a Google Forms survey asking interested Splatoon fans to provide their general location, so we can get a gauge of where the biggest clusters of Splatoon players are and possibly plan out groups and events based on that. If you have any interested friends or are a part of any Splatoon Discord servers or the like, please share this with them. Thanks! I plan on making the responses public when I get a good amount of data.

https://goo.gl/forms/qlVv1IITFQ5O1Xs83

Original post below:

Hello! It's been awhile since I've been here, but I wanted to get the communities thoughts on the idea of developing local Splatoon 2 scenes. I'm aware this was brought up when Splatoon 1 was still new, but I haven't heard it come up much since Splatoon 2 was announced. Due to the Wii U's hardware limitations, local scenes never really became a thing. However, since Splatoon 2 is on a (basically) portable console and will have local wireless connectivity and LAN, there are great opportunities for Splatoon locals to form. I've been to a few Smash Bros locals, and I think the system could transfer well to Splatoon as well. A lot of the structure is already there; people could set up Discord servers and/or Facebook groups for each major city/region to connect to fellow Splatoon players (we could compile links to these groups here on Squidboards and/or r/Splatoon), and people could meet up in public places like arcades or card shops and splat it up. And naturally, this would be a great opportunity to start up regional tournaments.

Having been apart of Smash Bros locals, I can testify to how much it adds to the experience. Playing online is fine, but nothing beats being in the same room with fellow gamers and feeling the energy in the room. I'd even be willing to set up and manage the Discord server/Facebook group for my area.

Maybe it's too soon to start discussing this kind of stuff, but I just wanted to see if people are interested in meeting fellow squids irl. So, what do you guys think? Anyone here ever been to a local group for some other game? Anyone willing to manage a Splatoon local for their area?

Thanks all!
It’s a great idea. I am in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and we have a League- 7 Cities Gaming League. We want to connect with splatoon 2 players. Please if your in the area please connect with us on Facebook or meet up
7 Cities Gaming League

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom