Splatoon 2 Social Experiment

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Ok!
So!
You know how G&K and also Cst seem to be things in Splatoon 2 right now?
I'm kinda curious to see at what rate these things grow.

So my idea is for everyone who reads this post to change their name to SB(insert name here) and let's see how many people in the game jump on the bandwagon without knowing what SB actually is.

Who's with me?

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Uh...why SB?
SquidBoards? :p

I don't think anyone will pick up the tag unless used by 2k+ power level players in league who keep curbstomping scrubs often enough for random people to try to copy it in order to intimidate others (like with say, copying DUDE or Hitzel). I wouldn't think of any other reason on why someone would copy something akin to a clan tag. G&K isn't a clan (well-known fact among Europeans mostly) and their suckage is widely recognized over several platforms and as such one you'd only use on your handle to meme around or make people undererstimate you. Cst are a German squad afair who basically let in everyone, causing a severe disparity in player levels and there's only a handful worth a damn, if at all. So while the idea looks good on paper I doubt it'll have the effects you're expecting. I just scrapped my fake tag so I won't put in another one for quite a while now.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Yes, it did stand for SquidBoards.

Yeah, I see now why it wasn't exactly a clever idea.

Thanks!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's a nice idea, but execution needs work. However there's always the Squiidverse posts you can make giving a shoutout to Squidboards. Maybe you'll get enough "Fresh" that you'll start showing up in random peoples' Squares.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I like Ansible's idea. I think that would be a better way to try to get people's attention. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom