• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2 Squidboards Community Weapon Tier List [10/26]

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
The raw data was already posted. This kind of statistical approach is much nicer for summarising the data quickly and succinctly, which the vast majority of people are going to find more useful. Generating a single statistic in a reasonably fair way and ordering based on that is great for making a rankings/tier list that's reasonably impartial - and the formula they've used seems great for it. since it reasonably balances two important factors: How often a weapon wins, and how often it wins out of possible times it could have appeared.
With all due respect, almost all of what you are saying is a matter of opinion. I am sure that there are logical reasons for why the formula is the way it is, but in the end, it is still based on certain opinions--opinions about which factors should be taken into account and what weights should be given to those factors. Frankly, if I wanted a tier list based on opinions, I would look up what competitive players think about the viability of individual weapons instead. What I was actually hoping to find in this thread was hard data on weapon usage and win rates--and such data was indeed posted in the thread... eventually. Why is that data not front and center, so that we can draw our own conclusions from it if we so desire? To me, the option to reorder that table of raw data according to number of appearances or win rate would be of more value than any formula for combining those factors into a single value.

Tables

Inkster Jr.
Would it be possible to also show a combined tier list for everything since the last balance/major update, i.e. not refreshing every time a new weapon releases? Not saying it should be the main thing to look at as of course it's unfair to those new weapons, but basically right now new weapons are releasing weekly, and so each tier list is pretty much just looking at 1-2 tournaments - which doesn't really give a good overall picture very easily. Combining everything since the last balance patch should be mostly fine, unless a new weapon is especially dominant and/or meta changing, and gives a more accurate picture for most weapons.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
@Tables I'll try including that in the next update when it would be available (once there are some new weapon releases most likely). I think it's interesting. I also feel that it may end up overshadowing the section for the previous weapon release, so if I see that, I may just drop that and replace it with your idea.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Now that patch 1.3.0 is done, I'll post the totality of matches recorded during that time.
692 matches total

Tier 1
12.02 | Tentatek Splattershot
11.49 | Splattershot

Tier 2
9.25 | Sloshing Machine

Tier 3
7.15 | Rapid Blaster

Tier 4
5.25 | Luna Blaster
5.17 | L-3 Nozzlenose
4.81 | .52 Gal
4.15 | N-ZAP '85
3.39 | Splattershot Jr.
3.20 | Splat Roller
3.15 | Octobrush
3.07 | Splatterscope
2.99 | Tri-Slosher
2.65 | Blaster
2.55 | Heavy Splatling
1.61 | Aerospray RG
1.54 | Splat Charger
1.45 | E-liter 4K Scope
1.39 | Rapid Blaster Pro
1.28 | Splattershot Pro
1.24 | Forge Splattershot Pro
1.22 | .96 Gal
1.11 | Firefin Splatterscope
0.99 | Jet Squelcher
0.96 | Custom Blaster
0.78 | Heavy Splatling Deco
0.71 | Dapple Dualies
0.43 | Krak-On Splat Roller
0.43 | Dynamo Roller
0.43 | Firefin Splat Charger
0.36 | H-3 Nozzlenose
0.35 | Clash Blaster
0.31 | Custom Splattershot Jr.
0.28 | Dualie Squelchers
0.27 | E-liter 4K
0.27 | Splat Dualies
0.25 | Sploosh-o-matic
0.17 | Slosher
0.16 | Splat Brella
0.15 | Mini Splatling
0.14 | Carbon Roller
0.12 | Splash-o-matic
0.12 | Enperry Splat Dualies
0.10 | Goo Tuber
0.07 | Tenta Brella
0.07 | Inkbrush
0.06 | Classic Squiffer

Tier 5 (Unranked)
Aerospray MG
Flingza Roller
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
1.3.0.png
Some things to note:
The Tentatek splattershot was the weapon to ultimately snag the top ranking for this period, but the actual story is a little more complicated. While both the Tentatek and regular splattershot saw a huge amount of play, the bulk of their use comes from different portions of this time. The Tentatek came in strong from its previous showing in patch 1.2.0, but soon after 1.3.0's release the splattershot started gaining numbers on the Tentatek due to the changes to the charge and function of their respective specials. Gradually the splattershot started dominating until it became the premiere weapon choice, with the Tentatek seeing only occasional use in comparison. An interesting note is that the Tentatek closely beat the splattershot in ranking due to its superior win ratio, despite the regular splattershot seeing more use.
While near the top, the sloshing machine was also a moderately slow burner, rising as a result of the buff to the sting ray in patch 1.3.0. This great long-range option was what allowed the sloshing machine to push past the rapid blaster, the previous premiere long-range weapon. With the fall of the tri-slosher, a new slosher stole its spot as the counterpart to the splattershot family.
In tier 4, you see three weapons at the top: the luna blaster, L-3 nozzlenose, and .52 gal, each of which comes with the baller. And while the notorious aerospray RG ranked much lower than them, its low ranking came more from a lack of popular use in tournaments rather than its win ratio. It's possible that these three weapons formed a trinity of baller weapons from which players had to choose when constructing team compositions. With each of them evenly matched, they managed to keep any one of them from dominating the rankings.

Patch 1.4.0 promises to shake up the meta quite a bit with many changes to weapons. We'll see how things have changed in the upcoming weeks.

travelkitjones

Inkling
NNID
tkjones
Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for creating and consistently updating this. I get a kick out of checking this out to see how things are shaking out and appreciate that the initial post gets updated so regularly.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
lols dualie and tenta brella are my two mains now....ironically in s1 I was pretty much a 1 for 1 kamikaze luna blaster assassian (quick respawn, comeback, haunt)...I play pretty heavy support now timing my duallie tenta missiles for pushes and counter pushes but I can still go anti personnel if neeeded.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Due to a necessary greater time investment in my work, I've sadly come to the conclusion that I no longer have the time to dedicate to continuing this project on my own. This has been very fun for me, from the days of Splatoon 1 to today. As a player, this is exactly the sort of data I would be interested in seeing, which is why I decided to gather it myself, and make it available for others who want to see it. The game is currently in a great place right now; this is absolutely not done out of a lack of interest in Splatoon.
If anyone would be interested in helping to continue this project, please let me know by posting in the thread, sending me a message on this forum, or contacting me via Discord at Vit#8759. I would be very thankful for any help.
All of the equations and formatting that I've done beforehand are still perfectly fine, but because I simply don't have the time to watch all of these tournaments, I cannot continue at the moment. With the help of the community, it should be very easy to continue to expand upon the foundation that has already been laid. Thank you for understanding, and I hope that the game continues to flourish even more with the help of all you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom