• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 think tank

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Make bomb range up apply to sprinklers, splash walls, and every other thrown sub weapon. As it is there are just too many weapons that make it just be a wasted ability slot.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Make bomb range up apply to sprinklers, splash walls, and every other thrown sub weapon. As it is there are just too many weapons that make it just be a wasted ability slot.
As a sprinkle and splash wall enthusiasts, I partial to this. Probably still meaningless for seekers, beakons, and ink mines though. Yet however: "Hey, Moray Towers charger! Check out my bomb range up seeker rush!"

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Leronne
So here are a few things I noticed in the splatoon 2 trailer first, 3 new variant on the splattershot, the splatcharger, and the splat roller (most likely recolor to match the new game, a whole new outfit on the roller (plus return if some classic gear favs.), and a new head gear as well as a possible hand gear, lastly, custom hairstyle that you'll likely have to pay for a more custom appearence to you avatar

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I think the shoes are the ugly ones. Boots and Hi and Lo tops are the like the only good looking thing. Have you seen the trainers,they're hideous
I know this is a somewhat old post, but you're so right. I mean have you seen half of these shoes.

:shoes_sdl000: :shoes_slo004: :shoes_lts001: :shoes_lts000: :shoes_cfs001: :shoes_cfs000: :shoes_bot003: :shoes_slo000: :shoes_lts002: :shoes_slo006: :shoes_slo007: :shoes_slo001: :shoes_sdl001: :shoes_bot000: :shoes_slo002:

Like, WHAT ARE THOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're insanely ugly.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Idea from the Switch reveal thread:
Halloween costumes. I want a witch hat and a broom-styled Inkbrush.

Cheetah

Inkling
NNID
princesstricky
I really hope they play with the water mechanic more. Like I remember seeing a sign in the credits that was a warning about water or rain. I think it would be really cool if they did something like had some levels in single player where the gimmick is that at some points it will rain and your inkling will need to hide or create somewhere to hide or something. Using changing water levels is also a classic to adventure modes. I just think it would be really interesting to see all the creative stuff they could do with this. Maybe they could even implement a different kind of water hazard in stages instead of just falling in it. Like a waterfall or water just splashing up.

And of course more customization is always welcome. Including being able to pick your ink color at least when in inkopolis

And please a better ranking system oh my god

Wothur

Full Squid
NNID
Wothur
I'd Like to see a stage that continually falls apart as the match progresses, with some directions being cut off and others allowing you to climb across the rubble.

Oh, and we can't forget about white ink. If people don't like that, we could always call it Milk.
Mob loves his Goddamn Milk.jpg

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
a special where u create a temporary channel of water....mechanically similar to a killer wail

a gear ability called "blast radius up", bombs and subs do more damage over a bigger radius

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
a special where u create a temporary channel of water....mechanically similar to a killer wail

a gear ability called "blast radius up", bombs and subs do more damage over a bigger radius
Actually if you creates ability that increase the size or distance of you shots rather than the radius (and made it a exclusive ability) I think that might be a great, but radius Lunas would just be everywhere and no one need that EVER!
Also I would love an accuracy up, that can reduce the RNG of shots, it would make weapons like squelchers and other distance shooters much more useful in battle

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Ew. Never. EVER AGAIN PLEASE. Could you imagine the refurbished splatling with a bomb rush, with the ability. It would be a top tier threat and it would make bomb sniffer a must on every build. Not the meme weapon it should be.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Actually if you creates ability that increase the size or distance of you shots rather than the radius (and made it a exclusive ability) I think that might be a great, but radius Lunas would just be everywhere and no one need that EVER!
Also I would love an accuracy up, that can reduce the RNG of shots, it would make weapons like squelchers and other distance shooters much more useful in battle
Hit Box Up

Joasa

Depressed Squid
More online modes, like 4 teams of 2 at once (doing some kind of minigame that could work for 4 teams of 2)

Wave mode (having to work together with other players to defeat increasingly difficult NPC enemies that increase in difficulty)

Make super sea snails easier to get, please, maybe 1 for every 10 wins instead of 30

More customizable private battles, getting to pick things like the ink colors, map music, even time of day (so you can play night stages whenever you want, maybe even morning or sunset stage times too)

Coming off what I just said, maybe every rotation features a time of day change too, since it's a game played around the world a game clock would be kind of messed up since some places would have day and some would have night maps, which could be an advantage or disadvantage, so maybe every rotation the time of day changes for a greater variety and maybe make the world a little more realistic.

I would also like to see a bigger plaza or area to walk around, maybe even the option to go online and walk around the plaza with other players, although I doubt that would work. Just a bigger non-gameplay world would be more fun, with things like mini-missions to get you extra cash o exclusive items.

Also a story mode more akin to Super Mario Galaxy with longer levels and multiple goals, and EASTER EGGS EVERYWHERE come on Nintendo it's what you do best let's throw in as many references and 4th wall breaks as possible.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Since some cephalopods are very good at camouflage maybe an"imposter" as a special. You change color,can swim thru and fire enemy colored ink and all but it doesnt hurt your team mates and splats your opponents. imagine triggering with ninja jump and a hydra

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
-a hunger games inspired mode of play, 24 squids enter, 2 squid teams, a cornucopia of tuna cans and suit cases with power ups, specials are only activated when u open a can or suitcase

-a special ability that drains enemy special abilities by 50%. you activate it and everyone drops 50% on their gauge

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Wave mode (having to work together with other players to defeat increasingly difficult NPC enemies that increase in difficulty)
I like that idea. Kinda like a zombies mode from COD right? It could really show new teams how to create synergy. But it should be with octolings with varying weapons. Still, it should have octolings trying to take objectives and make pushes.

More customizable private battles, getting to pick things like the ink colors, map music, even time of day (so you can play night stages whenever you want, maybe even morning or sunset stage times too)
Yes please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom