• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3's Story Mode Meaning

Cephalobro

After the direct, the story mode portion showed a few cutscenes and some of the same gameplay. But what caught my ears is the "The end of the splat-tastic saga!" quote. No single-player trailer ever said about a finale before. So here are a few ways it could mean:

The end of the series - I highly doubt Nintendo will end Splatoon, it has been a really successful series so far, with the first game far outperforming expectations, it was clear since people wanted more Splatoon when the Switch was announced.

The end of an arc - This is actually a lot more likely, first is the fact that the previous two games have been hinting at this for the longest time. Secondly, the first game made it clear that Splatoon (for the most part) doesn't have a good vs evil, just a fight between two sides. Since the first game, the developers wanted to implement playable Octolings, with that, there must be an explanation. In the Octo Expansion, its ending confirms that Inklings and Octolings can co-exist peacefully.

Now, what about the rest of the Octarians? Well, it could be possible Splatoon 3's story mode is about saving the normal Octarians from the fuzzy ink and letting them live on the surface. Heck, we see DJ Octavio right in the trailer, he doesn't usually appear in any single-player mode trailers, this implies that he's not the antagonist this time around.

Last edited:

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
The end of an arc - This is actually a lot more likely, first is the fact that the previous two games have been hinting at this for the longest time. Secondly, the first game made it clear that Splatoon (for the most part) doesn't have a good vs evil, just a fight between two sides. Since the first game, the developers wanted to implement playable Octolings, with that, there must be an explanation. In the Octo Expansion, its ending confirms that Inklings and Octolings can co-exist peacefully.
I think the same, more likely the end of an arc. Could it be that more about the AI and the human legacy will be discovered? Also I feel that mammals and grizzco can bring a lot of stuff to light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom